Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's Play Roster Predition

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I would not agree with the premise. We will be balanced to slightly pass oriented. It is what MMs offense is, and from all accounts he has more autonomy this year.
    It would be nice to imagine that the OC might be allowed to call his own game - the power running game and stifling D combo sounds great - until you realise that the O still isn't getting 1st downs and the D is regularly getting gassed by the early 4th.

I'd be fascinated to see how Geno will handle the extra responsibility of an offense that is even slightly pass orirented - will teams buy it? Will they still think run? Could open up some great passing opportunities - and this year we should have the match-ups to hurt teams that stack against the run.

Quick update.

+ QB Matt Simms
    + OLB IK Enemkpali
    + NT Barnes
    + ILB Edds
    + CB Lankster

- OLB Babin
    - RB Richardson
    - CB Patterson
    - ILB George
    - ILB Bellore

If Babin doesn't pick it up big time in the next couple games and Antwan Barnes gets healthy soon I'd cut Babin and place Enemkpali in the active roster and take his spot. IK only played a couple snaps but he looks like a bigger version of Barnes. If he keeps progressing I can see him becoming one the nickel rushers. Looks very fast off the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxor5 View Post
    There is no freaking way we only carry 2 QBs. Will not happen. Period. Love the rest of the list though!
    I don't understand the point of 3 QBs. I would rather have a player on the roster who can contribute rather then a 3rd QB who, in all likelihood, will not get on the field. Especially in a year like this one, where certain positions (WR & DB) will be very competitive for roster spots.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I don't understand the point of 3 QBs. I would rather have a player on the roster who can contribute rather then a 3rd QB who, in all likelihood, will not get on the field. Especially in a year like this one, where certain positions (WR & DB) will be very competitive for roster spots.
    I don't understand it either but I included him after his decent performance. For many guys in here it's because the entire league carries around 3 QB's so it's a must. It's a waste of a roster spot for us. We have 2 rock solid guys, Simms won't ever see the field this season. He's got no trade value either.

Let's Play Roster Predition

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I agree 100%. The 3rd QB is a waste of a roster spot, especially when your starter is young and has some promise. If you can stash a kid like Boyd on the practice squad then fine.
    I'd put Simms on the PS not Boyd. But I agree with your post. It's nice to put a kid in the 3rd spot. If he turns into something he can be your number 2 when Vick moves on.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-10-2014 at 08:59 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I'd put Simms on the PS not Boyd. But I agree with your post. It's nice to from a kid in the 3rd spot. If he turns into something he can be your number 2 when Vick moves on.
    Is Simms still practice squad eligible?

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Is Simms still practice squad eligible?
    I don't know ... Great question though ...

Practice squads are considered to be for developmental purposes. Therefore, veterans are not eligible to be signed to the practice squad. In fact, players with more than one year of accrued NFL service are not eligible. Here is a closer look at the eligibility requirements.

A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.
    If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.
    A player is deemed to have served a season on the practice squad if he remains on the practice squad for at least three weeks. Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.
    Players can be eligible for a third practice squad season if their team maintains no less than 53 players on the active/inactive list at all times.

Let's Play Roster Predition

Vick is somebody who I think could potentially be our no 2 QB for the rest of his career, maybe 4-5 more years if he wants to. Kind of like Patrick Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Vick is somebody who I think could potentially be our no 2 QB for the rest of his career, maybe 4-5 more years if he wants to. Kind of like Patrick Ramsey.
    I never looked at him like that ... Would be really cool. I feel like he is a redeemed person really trying to help everyone he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I never looked at him like that ... Would be really cool. I feel like he is a redeemed person really trying to help everyone he can.
    Yeah I'm hoping he embraced his new role as a mentor. That he's genuine about being here to help Geno and if need be step up and play if Geno gets hurt or performs poorly at some point. Going by his comments he's done that, he sounds classy, always swatting down any attempts by the media to create a QB controversy.

All League
    I'm naming my next child IK

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I'm naming my next child IK

Just naming him IK, or are you gonna go all out and name him Ikemefuna?