Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Anyone else have a really good feeling about the Jets this year? Division Title?

  1. #1

    Anyone else have a really good feeling about the Jets this year? Division Title?

    I am really optimistic about this season.....

    Geno will improve, Vick is a capable back up, CJ will be running so hard as he has alot to prove.....

    Buffalo Looks lost, Miami blows and NE is in decline....

    For some reason, I am thinking we can actually take a run at the Division with the strength of our Defense.

    thoughts?

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    I am really optimistic about this season.....

    Geno will improve, Vick is a capable back up, CJ will be running so hard as he has alot to prove.....

    Buffalo Looks lost, Miami blows and NE is in decline....

    For some reason, I am thinking we can actually take a run at the Division with the strength of our Defense.

    thoughts?
    Not from what I'm seeing in training camp. Our passing game looks like it still has to answer its critics.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wskelly View Post
    Not from what I'm seeing in training camp. Our passing game looks like it still has to answer its critics.
    Ouch...... i thought it was looking good. Who does not look sharp?

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    Ouch...... i thought it was looking good. Who does not look sharp?
    Worried about Jace and Geno's performance today. I really want Geno to cement his hold over the starter role, but Vick is starting to catch up.

  5. #5
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,501
    Mods please merge with the bonerpants thread

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by wskelly View Post
    Worried about Jace and Geno's performance today. I really want Geno to cement his hold over the starter role, but Vick is starting to catch up.
    Is he able to step up into the pocket? or is he having difficulty outside the box?

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    Is he able to step up into the pocket? or is he having difficulty outside the box?
    He made a bad read and threw a pick six. Starting to remind me of Sanchez.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Mods please merge with the bonerpants thread
    LOLOLOL

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by wskelly View Post
    He made a bad read and threw a pick six. Starting to remind me of Sanchez.
    As long as he is not a ''head hanger'' i can live with some mistakes.......

  10. #10
    Patriots are going to run away with this division.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,031
    Two words will determine the Jets chances at the Div title. "Turnover ratio".

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Two words will determine the Jets chances at the Div title. "Turnover ratio".
    1 word - QB... and we're still waiting to see if Geno's made significant improvement over last year. Can't wait for the preseason games to start. Hopefully he lights it up!

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Two words will determine the Jets chances at the Div title. "Turnover ratio".
    Three words - Geno, Smith's, Performance.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,440
    Didn't you hear?!

    Geno threw 1 int in practice and Amaro is a bust after 4 practices! It's time to call the season off!!!!!!!!!

    S.O.J.

  15. #15
    I'm optimistic about the potential of the team this year. We have lots of opportunities to get things right and have a great season. However, the passing game still has a lot of question marks and it's simply too early to tell whether we are going to reach our potential in that aspect of the game.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,972
    So excited!!!





    6-10 here we come.

  17. #17
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,321
    Agree .. 2014 is all about Geno

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    7,007
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Mods please merge with the bonerpants thread
    or the pig is ripe for the slaughter thread from five years ago.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    7,007
    Quote Originally Posted by wskelly View Post
    Worried about Jace and Geno's performance today. I really want Geno to cement his hold over the starter role, but Vick is starting to catch up.
    Vick hadn't played all that hot either. Dont' think anything has changed.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,362
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Agree .. 2014 is all about Geno
    I think Geno is the biggest piece of the puzzle. Great QB play can elevate a mediocre team or bad QB play can degrade an otherwise strong team.

    Outside of that, it just depends on what kind of fan you are. Im sojf, so for the past 10 years or so, i expect nothing as a fan until its right in front of me in real time. Others have higher levels of optimism. My heart just cant bare the pain of disappointment anymore, so i set the bar lower than most.

    Go Jets

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us