Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleacher report ranks Kyle Wilson as 9th best nickleback...

Bleacher report ranks Kyle Wilson as 9th best nickleback...

www.bleacherreport.com
    =The former first-round pick from Boise State was well on his way to being considered a surefire bust until the New York Jets moved him from outside to nickelback in late 2012. The results were limited, but productive. Since 2012, Wilson has allowed a passer rating of just 72.15, which was good enough for eight in the NFL over that time span.

Wilson was tied for first amongst all slot cornerbacks in snaps per reception, finishing with 11.6. The 71 yards after catch allowed was the best in league by 32 yards. He isnít the most effective cornerback at deterring targets because heís not a technically refined player, but he is effective at limiting big plays.

Wilson has room to improve his instincts and ability to force turnovers and likely will need to if he is going to move up this list. Heís a good athlete who might have found his role in the league now,

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    www.bleacherreport.com
    =The former first-round pick from Boise State was well on his way to being considered a surefire bust until the New York Jets moved him from outside to nickelback in late 2012. The results were limited, but productive. Since 2012, Wilson has allowed a passer rating of just 72.15, which was good enough for eight in the NFL over that time span.

Wilson was tied for first amongst all slot cornerbacks in snaps per reception, finishing with 11.6. The 71 yards after catch allowed was the best in league by 32 yards. He isn’t the most effective cornerback at deterring targets because he’s not a technically refined player, but he is effective at limiting big plays.

Wilson has room to improve his instincts and ability to force turnovers and likely will need to if he is going to move up this list. He’s a good athlete who might have found his role in the league now,
    Kyle has a lot to live down; but I am happy that he always has been a sound tackler; and now the numbers show it. "Best by 32 yards"...I'll take it; the guy will put you on the ground.

Actually I am happy that I can still trust my eyes.

He's gone from overrated bust to underrated solid in two years, nobody talks about this guy, but he's a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    He's gone from overrated bust to underrated solid in two years, nobody talks about this guy, but he's a good player.
    He still can't turn his head. How long does does it take to learn to do something like that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GM_Returns View Post
    He still can't turn his head. How long does does it take to learn to do something like that?
    He'll never learn. We'll just have to deal with it.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    While we were focused on Milliners ups and downs last year, Wilson settled into a solid CB. (after the 3 penalty in a row game)

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If that's 9th best on the Jets at this time I can agree

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post

Prolly the 9th best in my office.

All Pro
    Wilson played last year with lady luck over his shoulder. He had more guys drop passes, and get overthrown by QBs than anyone in the league.
    He was also playing with the worst CBs in the league. The outside receivers were open all day so his man over the middle was targeted less than anyone else.

Veteran
    Also ranks first in post-overthrow bravado and posturing.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Prolly the 9th best in my office.
    I doubt it...
    Who do you work with, and what are their measureables?

KW is a solid CB. The Jets want him to make more plays

Wilson vs McCourty, 2014 edition - who ya got?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post

The list of players rated was 9 players long.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Wilson vs McCourty, 2014 edition - who ya got?
    Poser: Wilson

Being dragged all over the field by WR's while he's tackling: McCourty

Wilson is the player every loves to hate, until he leaves the Jets and we see him play solidly for someone else and then everyone will cry that we let him go. I remember when everyone wanted Dwight Lowery gone, then he left and was decent for a couple of years and everyone whined about letting him go. As an outside Corner he is bad, as a nickleback he is pretty good.

Compared to Revis as a 1st round pick, Wilson is a bust, but to most a bust is a player like Vernon Gholston or Vlad Ducasse (guys who don't belong in the NFL).

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Wilson is the player every loves to hate, until he leaves the Jets and we see him play solidly for someone else and then everyone will cry that we let him go. I remember when everyone wanted Dwight Lowery gone, then he left and was decent for a couple of years and everyone whined about letting him go. As an outside Corner he is bad, as a nickleback he is pretty good.

Compared to Revis as a 1st round pick, Wilson is a bust, but to most a bust is a player like Vernon Gholston or Vlad Ducasse (guys who don't belong in the NFL).
    He's the exact same player as Hill. Hill gets open, but has no ball skills.
    He doesn't do too badly because he's usually in pretty good position. QBs don't usually throw at him, but when they do he just really sucks at making a play on the ball.
    I don't think that'll change at this point. Hill has a better chance of turning things around.

He's a JAG Nickel yay

Hall Of Fame
    Bleacher Report sucks. Wilson sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bleacher Report sucks. Wilson sucks.
    +1

I'd rather bang Melissa McCarthy without a rubber than read another one of their stupid slide shows.