Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleacher report ranks Kyle Wilson as 9th best nickleback...

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bleacher Report sucks. Wilson sucks.
    Its very early in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Wilson played last year with lady luck over his shoulder. He had more guys drop passes, and get overthrown by QBs than anyone in the league.
    He was also playing with the worst CBs in the league. The outside receivers were open all day so his man over the middle was targeted less than anyone else.
    If lady luck was on Wilson's shoulder, he didn't see it because he wouldn't turn his head.

Dexter McDougle can take Kyle Wilson to school- he's had more picks this training camp than Wilson's had his entire career!!

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Dexter McDougle can take Kyle Wilson to school- he's had more picks this training camp than Wilson's had his entire career!!
    If what you say is true, then Mcdougle will be the nickel back. He won't, Wilson will.

he's the 9th best at cortland right now…. including the university

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I'm not sure we can sustain a roster spot for a guy who only plays slot nickelback. Obviously, he's a backup to CB1 or CB2 at some level of the depth chart (2nd, 3rd?) but I'd think he needs to bring something else to the table to stick around beyond this contract unless he's willing to take lower dollars. Didn't he return kicks at one point?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Where is this guy?

JetsInsider.com Legend

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I'm not sure we can sustain a roster spot for a guy who only plays slot nickelback. Obviously, he's a backup to CB1 or CB2 at some level of the depth chart (2nd, 3rd?) but I'd think he needs to bring something else to the table to stick around beyond this contract unless he's willing to take lower dollars. Didn't he return kicks at one point?
    This would be interesting to find out. I was of the feeling he would be directly backing up either the CB1 or CB2 spot were an injury to happen. I dunno...maybe thats Walls?
    Are you taking in his 1st round draft pick status when you say you would like him to bring more to the table, or do you just feel he is not that good regardless of where he was drafted?

Personally, i dont think he lives up to the draft pick, but i think he is playing good football at this point in his career.
    Id really like to see him stick round for a few more years, but obviously at a price tag that is manageable.
    I think Wilson was one of those players that really needed a few years before he started to play decent.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Personally, i dont think he lives up to the draft pick, but i think he is playing good football at this point in his career.
    Id really like to see him stick round for a few more years, but obviously at a price tag that is manageable.
    I think Wilson was one of those players that really needed a few years before he started to play decent.
    ^ Pretty much sums him up. The combination of experience and that he's playing for a contract means we'll see the best of him. Which is, he'll be an asset this year. While still acting like an a$$

If someone over pays him next year to be a Nickel and Dime Back....C-Ya!

Wilson played last year with lady luck over his shoulder. He had more guys drop passes, and get overthrown by QBs than anyone in the league.
    He was also playing with the worst CBs in the league. The outside receivers were open all day so his man over the middle was targeted less than anyone else.
    tHIS right here.

supreme bust and bone head is all wilson will ever be. If someone steps up they're cutting him loose.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You couldn't have believed this when you wrote it.