Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Jets Are Going To Be Average And I'm Not Upset" Thread

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The "Jets Are Going To Be Average And I'm Not Upset" Thread

Appreciate everyone's enthusiasm about being a playoff team, sweeping the Patriots, and all the rest, but reality is we're 8-8 at best and there's nothing wrong with that.

So long as we've got a rebuilt roster and a quarterback by 2017 when Brady and Manning are done we'll have the AFC for ourselves. Let's enjoy the ups and downs of another year and think towards the future.

Go Jets.

SAR I

All Pro
    It's Aug 1st SAR.....

Can you at least wait until we lose a game to piss on the parade!

Truth is yes, we are an 8-10 win football team, but right now based on everything we've heard during the offseason, there's reason to hope our record is closer to 10 than 8.

Go tell people how to root for their team somewhere else!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You just can't help yourself. You're not happy unless you troll the board starting sh1t.

What a loser you are.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-01-2014 at 07:19 PM.

All Pro
    The Jets are young, talented, hungry, and finally have some legit depth on the roster.

Can they end up being an average team in 2014? Of course, but in my opinion their ceiling is too high for me to be pessimistic at this stage.

All Pro
    He's back ladies and gents....

Over/under 25 pages?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    The Jets are young, talented, hungry, and finally have some legit depth on the roster.

Can they end up being an average team in 2014? Of course, but in my opinion their ceiling is too high for me to be pessimistic at this stage.
    The early schedule is killer. We'll be no better than 3-4, more likely 2-5 so to expect a finish better than 6-3 isn't realistic.

SAR I

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I;5282036[B
    Appreciate everyone's enthusiasm about being a playoff team, sweeping the Patriots, and all the rest, but reality is we're 8-8 at best and there's nothing wrong with that.

So long as we've got a rebuilt roster and a quarterback by 2017 when Brady and Manning are done we'll have the AFC for ourselves. Let's enjoy the ups and downs of another year and think towards the future.

Go Jets.

SAR I
    Liar

I think it has lock potential well below 25. Just permaban OP already. Adds absolutely nothing of value whatsoever.
    Ans sucks at trolling. You know you're a complete loser britches stain when you suck even worse than all of the Pasts* trolls.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    It's Aug 1st SAR.....

Can you at least wait until we lose a game to piss on the parade!

Truth is yes, we are an 8-10 win football team, but right now based on everything we've heard during the offseason, there's reason to hope our record is closer to 10 than 8.

Go tell people how to root for their team somewhere else!
    With a good QB we're an 8-10 win team on the strength of our defense, for sure. But looking at Geno and Mike, can't see us getting over .500.

The organization is treading water right now, waiting for the Patriots to finally die after 15 years. Not spending all the cap money, not going after big name free agents, slowly and steadily rebuilding on youth and financial smarts. Have to have the QB. We've got 3 seasons to find him. Then Brady retires, Manning retires, the likes of Rivers and Roethlisberger break down, and there's a clear runway to a bright takeoff.

But not right now.

SAR I

i'd put us in the 6-10 win range. really good or really bad.

but sar is right. in a couple years the awesome will be all us. IMO.

It's a brutal schedule guys with all the top qbs, offenses, some tough defenses. it's not going to be easy. 8-8 is not what we want but considering the aforementioned, successfully building towards the future and that's what matters.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Liar
    Nope.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, shows we have some good fans here. Nothing wrong with .500 this far under the cap, with a questionable secondary, with a challenge at QB.

SAR I

All Pro
    Throughout the course of a season, there are plenty of games where underdogs win and favorites lose. Any given Sunday.

There's nothing realistic about projecting week to week win/loss for any particular team.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by bruceharper View Post
    i'd put us in the 6-10 win range. really good or really bad.

but sar is right. in a couple years the awesome will be all us. IMO.

It's a brutal schedule guys with all the top qbs, offenses, some tough defenses. it's not going to be easy. 8-8 is not what we want but considering the aforementioned, successfully building towards the future and that's what matters.
    That's the spirit, that's the proper attitude.

This place turns into a ghost-town with the expectations all high in August and the Jets sitting at 1-4, seen that too many times. Let's keep our heads on straight and enjoy seeing the youngsters gel.

SAR I

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    With a good QB we're an 8-10 win team on the strength of our defense, for sure. But looking at Geno and Mike, can't see us getting over .500.

The organization is treading water right now, waiting for the Patriots to finally die after 15 years. Not spending all the cap money, not going after big name free agents, slowly and steadily rebuilding on youth and financial smarts. Have to have the QB. We've got 3 seasons to find him. Then Brady retires, Manning retires, the likes of Rivers and Roethlisberger break down, and there's a clear runway to a bright takeoff.

But not right now.

SAR I
    If that happens we'll lose Rex, and have to start over with another 40 years of futility. Not going to happen.
    When Rex has a decent offense we go to the title game. A good offense puts us over the top.

All Pro
    Nope.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, shows we have some good fans here. Nothing wrong with .500 this far under the cap, with a questionable secondary, with a challenge at QB.

SAR I
    Liar

Jets Insider VIP
    Everyone stop feeding the troll, go about your business, and let this sh*t fall off the main page.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Throughout the course of a season, there are plenty of games where underdogs win and favorites lose. Any given Sunday.

There's nothing realistic about projecting week to week win/loss for any particular team.
    I think it's pretty easy to look at last year's team, count the upsides, count the downsides, look at the schedule, and make a pretty good estimation on wins and losses. If I asked you to handicap a team you weren't that close to, say, the Minnesota Vikings, I'd bet you could do the same thing. Not much changes each year unless there is a) a devastating injury or b) an unexpected quarterback explosion.

SAR I

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    He's back ladies and gents....

Over/under 25 pages?
    SAR couldn't stand all the football talk going on in the other threads, without him.

All Pro

But not right now.

SAR I
    Right, Geno nor Vick can lead us to a winning record, but Mark certainly would have! Amirite?

I won't even argue with you....because like anyone else, you have the right to your opinion.

But I do remember how well you're prediction worked out last season

Rex didn't get the axe like you so desperately wanted, layed low all offseason, and now figured this is the perfect time to strike with troll attack LOL.

One day you'll be tired of this same ol' shtick...

If you're not upset about the Jets being average, you're a Giants fan.