Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by GM_Returns View Post
    Hahahahahahaha holy ****
    Brutal. Just brutal.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No doubt.

I just wish that Geno had distinguished himself in just one game last year. For the most part, he did just enough to win, nothing more.

SAR I
    With a very good D, and decent ST's so long as Geno is consistent that's all they need just enough to win. Oh, and everyone needs to be healthy and have some luck.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Dallas Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    The question as of whether we will be average or playoff bound will be decided in the first exhibition game. We go as far as Geno. Vick will just get hurt. We go as Geno goes.
    So, how many playoff teams from last season would you say had their season defined by that first preseason game in August?

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    The only facts about Sar are the ones I can confirm myself.

Sar thinks he has full control of his family life. The truth is, his wife cheats on him weekly. Sometimes more then once a week.
    Sorry, IMO that's over the line. WTF? Keep family out of it.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    This is why SAR stays away for so long.
    Poor fella.

I'm sorry but hitman just destroyed SAR with that glory hole zinger. Lock this thing up, there is no more to see here.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    With a very good D, and decent ST's so long as Geno is consistent that's all they need just enough to win. Oh, and everyone needs to be healthy and have some luck.
    Well, in the Green vs. White Scrimmage tonight, our first and second team offense combined for 6 points in 60 minutes of play. In a scrimmage.

It's only one datapoint, not exactly encouraging.

SAR I

All Pro
    Well, in the Green vs. White Scrimmage tonight, our first and second team offense combined for 6 points in 60 minutes of play. In a scrimmage.

SAR I
    Its early, but it didnt look good on the offensive side of the ball. I dont even think the Jets needed to field any members of the secondary on defense on over 50% of the plays ran .

Geno wants it, im just nowhere convinced he has what it takes to get it.
    Last edited by sdJETSetter; 08-03-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Rookie

SAR I
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Its early, but it didnt look good on the offensive side of the ball. I dont even think the Jets needed to field any members of the secondary on defense on over 50% of the plays ran .

Geno wants it, im just nowhere convinced he has what it takes to get it.
    Whoa....Damn

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Whoa....Damn
    There is time for improvement, but the signs early on are discouraging from the offensive unit.
    Tell me where you disagree.

Rookie
    There is time for improvement, but the signs early on are discouraging from the offensive unit.
    It's a fckin scrimmage. After a week. Lol. C'mon man! At least wait til Thursday for that. It means nothing.

Chin up Man!!!

Banned

SAR I
    Yeah, I think you'll see this offense will probably have it's toughest games against teams that can slow down the run. I think where they have an advantage is when they can push defenses around with physicality and the running backs which will in turn set up the pass for balance and moving the chains. It should be expected that they not light it up against this defense.

The pass defense doesn't look bad yet. This is a fear of yours and rightfully so although I'm not buying into it as much as you are. In spite of the youth, there is continuity in the secondary and Rex made observations that the communication back there was very good. That will be a key to early success as we know the passing offenses they will face.

I think the formula will be ball-control offense without turning it over and an active man-press coverage to see if these teams early on will have the time to exploit our secondary.
    Last edited by Drunk Old Joe; 08-03-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    My first question would be, how many of the teams top offensive players saw a significant amount of reps?

I know Decker was very limited, CJ was on a pitch count, didn't hear Ivory's name called hardly at all, Powell was hurt.

I didn't see Sudfield, Cumberland or Amaro's name even mentioned.

Just wondering how much these guys actually played.

I know this nothing like the starters playing a full 60 minutes (4 quarters) of football together.

Definitely not the results we were hoping for - but lets keep it in perspective.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-03-2014 at 08:40 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    My first question would be, how many of the teams top offensive players saw a significant amount of reps?

I know Decker was very limited, CJ was on a pitch count, didn't hear Ivory's name called hardly at all, Powell was hurt.

I didn't see Sudfield, Cumberland or Amaro's name even mentioned.

Just wondering how much these guys actually played.

I know this nothing like the starters playing a full 60 minutes (4 quarters) of football together.

Definitely not the results we were hoping for - but lets keep it in perspective.
    Youre completely right....im in no way predicting, or projecting that they will stink (offensively), yet at the same time, im not buying into any of the offseason hype of major improvement, and progression until i see the proof with my own eyes. Certainly didnt see it yesterday.

FWIW, i do think offensively the team should be better. Most of the pieces appear to be there to get some points scored, but to be completely honest, im not at all sold on Geno yet, and without a legitimate QB leading the team, those other weapons can not be utilized efficiently.

Geno Smith has to be better than last year for the team to compete. Havent seen it yet. Yes it was a meaningless scrimmage yesterday, with limited playing time for starters, just always seems like we are finding reason to justify the offensive shortcomings, while expecting stellar defense.

Geno just has to be better.

The offense will be fine. Did you guys consider the fact that our defense is actually pretty darn good? No one can run on us and if Milliner plays like he did second half last season our passing D will be pretty sick too.

Our offense didn't score a touchdown the entire 2012 preseason and yet we still ran up the score in week 1 vs the Bills with Buttfumblechez throwing the ball.

Geno just has to be better.
    If Geno doesn't improve Vick will just end up starting. Geno will eventually take over once Vick gets hurt. I don't have a problem with it and neither should Geno he's just a 2nd year player and not even a first round pick.