Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrimmage Game Thread

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...0-811045ba1647

Here are unofficial individual passing, rushing and receiving statistics from tonight's Green & White practice held at Cortland Stadium:
    GREEN & WHITE PRACTICE STATS
    Code:
    PASSING
    	 Att   	Cmps 	Pct 	Yds 	Lg 	TDs 	INTs
    Geno Smith 	14 	7 	50.0 	84 	41 	0 	0
    Michael Vick 	13 	7 	53.8 	47 	14 	0 	0
    Matt Simms 	6 	2 	33.3 	8 	4 	0 	1
    Tajh Boyd (R) 	3 	1 	33.3 	10 	10 	0 	0
    TOTALS 	36 	17 	47.2 	149 	41 	0 	1
    RUSHING
    	Atts 	Yds 	Avg 	Lg 	TDs
    QB Michael Vick 	2 	35 	17.5 	20 	0
    RB Alex Green 	9 	18 	2.0 	8 	0
    RB Daryl Richardson 	9 	15 	1.7 	7 	0
    RB Chris Johnson 	5 	14 	2.8 	6 	0
    RB Chris Ivory 	3 	2 	0.7 	3 	0
    FB Tommy Bohanon 	1 	0 	0.0 	0 	0
    TOTALS 	29 	84 	2.9 	20 	0
    RECEIVING
    	Rec 	Yds 	Avg 	Lg 	TD
    WR Greg Salas 	5 	54 	10.8 	15 	0
    RB Alex Green 	3 	18 	6.0 	10 	0
    WR Stephen Hill 	2 	38 	19.0 	41 	0
    WR Jacoby Ford 	1 	14 	14.0 	14 	0
    TE Jeff Cumberland 	1 	10 	10.0 	10 	0
    TE Jalen Saunders (R) 	1 	10 	10.0 	10 	0
    WR Eric Decker 	1 	7 	7.0 	7 	0
    WR Clyde Gates 	1 	4 	4.0 	4 	0
    RB Chris Ivory 	1 	-3 	-3.0 	-3 	0
    FB Tommy Bohanon 	1 	-3 	-3.0 	-3 	0
    TOTALS 	17 	149 	8.8 	41 	0
    According to Randy Lange I guess Saunders our 5'7 receiver got moved to TE.

What type of formations were the offense using?

Still heavy units or more 3WR stuff? Did any of the TE's do anything at all?

Rex should think of a creative way to handicap the defense in scrims like this - it does no-one any good to watch an elite unit constantly wedgie a unit that is still in its formative stages.

Mostly I formation stuff, shotgun, a couple Wildcats & 3 TE formations sprinkled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Caught_Jetster View Post
    Rex should think of a creative way to handicap the defense in scrims like this - it does no-one any good to watch an elite unit constantly wedgie a unit that is still in its formative stages.
    Not to mention that defenses are generally going to be more game-ready than offenses at this time of year.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

Everyone expects us to have a Top 5 or even Top 3 defense, yet everyone gets upset when our offense doesn't tear them a new a$$hole in a scrimmage.

Veteran
    Everyone needs to get off the ledge. This O line that is very raw is going up against one of the best, but not only that, one of the best that sees them every day and knows nuances of the O line. There is no doubt in my mind that this O will put it together, not "elite" put it together, but they will get more in sync. Our D is nasty and that is with some of our explosive players on the bench.

I have been critical of Hill but he lit it up last night from what I read, very promising as he continues to shine, Salas was a stud as we read again. Listen, MM is going to get out there and scheme and these guys will get in sync and we will be just fine, especially with the D Rex has created.

I am excited and can't wait to see how fast the team grows and plays more together.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I doubt Cunningham had any chance to make this roster. A fringe player at a position the Jets are going to have to make some tough decisions come final cutdown.
    With the arrival of Babin, McIntyre & Bellore playing well & the likely return of Barnes & the drafting of George, Cunningham had an uphill battle.

That being said, I hope Cunningham's injury isn't something that gets him IR'd, he seemed to be progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Yep. Pretty dissapointing. Tired of hearing, defense is always ahead of the offense. Not even asking for them to dominate, just some solid consisten production.

Oh well. I still have hope once games start to get going.
    You do realize the jets defense is that good right? There is NOTHING two worry about on offense. Defense is always ahead in training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Im strictly concerned from the Offensive Unit.
    Im not saying they suck, but i want to see better results on the filed, and less talk of what to expect in the future.
    You cant be happy with the Offensive output tonight Ray. Its a scrimmage, but there are signs that go back to last year.
    It's a scrimmage game in August you SOJF dumbo! If you don't like the offense go root for the bills or something, we don't need your whiny kind around here.

Im strictly concerned from the Offensive Unit.
    Im not saying they suck, but i want to see better results on the filed, and less talk of what to expect in the future.
    You cant be happy with the Offensive output tonight Ray. Its a scrimmage, but there are signs that go back to last year.
    It's a scrimmage.If they don't show progress through the first three exhibition games, then some people concerns would carry more weight. Chill Bro

Hall Of Fame
    Our defense has been dominating the offense in practice ever since Rex got here. IMO that is part of the reason why the offenses have sucked. Constantly getting smothered in practices and never developing a rhythm or any sort of continuity. That and lack of talent, of course.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GM_Returns View Post
    It's a scrimmage game in August you SOJF dumbo! If you don't like the offense go root for the bills or something, we don't need your whiny kind around here.
    Take your own advice

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Its horrible but true.
    "well there was the one deep ball"
    I mean, seriously?

I dont want to trade the awesome defense we probably have for a better offense, but sometimes i really miss knowing the team has the capability of having opposing defense on their heels. Its been far too long now.
    My first question would be, how many of the teams top offensive players saw a significant amount of reps?

I know Decker was very limited due to a tight hammy, CJ was on a pitch count, didn't hear Ivory's name called hardly at all, Powell was hurt.

Just wondering how much these guys actually played.

I didn't hear about the QB's throwing any picks - which is positive.

I know the scrimmage is not anything like having the first team offense on the field for a real game - 60 full minutes of playing together.

It's safe to say that this was not the offensive showing we were hoping for.

I, myself, was hoping for more - but lets keep it in perspective.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-03-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by twown View Post
    I know it's still a few years away, but I predict that in 2014 they'll grab a major FA wideout and spend three of their first five draft picks on receiving targets.
    2nd Round TEs are not reliable, pardoning the exception of Gronk. Remember 1st round picks Anthony Becht and Kyle Brady. 4th Round receivers don't count also. Remember I said priority. They also took Chris Johnson and signed a running QB who can't pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    You gotta include the 1st round picks they spent on Anthony Becht, Dustin Keller and Doug Jolley (trade w/Oak. for 1st) ..... those WERE to upgrade the passing attack.

Also, I think you have to include the two 1st rounders they spent on Brick and Mangold, in order to protect the QB, improve the offense, and lay the groundwork for a solid OL, for years to come. That's 5 more offensive players, in the 1st round, that the Jets have acquired to improve their offense.

You CAN say that they weren't good moves, but the effort was there..... it's not as lopsided, in the defense's favor, as a lot of people think.
    I'm strictly saying skill position players in the running game vs. the passing game. Remember when Curtis Martin was retiring it was a big priority to replace him and bring in Thomas Jones, then we drafted Shonn Greene and brought in LT. That's like replacing Keyshawn with an Andre Johnson type player near the end of his career, alluding to the LT move. I applaud the Jets for replacing the old Santonio Holmes with Eric Decker, but Braylon Edwards was supposed to be replaced by Stephen Hill and we're still waiting on that. There is no way the Jets would wait two years to address a starting running back need. I realize it's easier to address the running game because it has been de-emphasized by so many other teams, but still, I'd like to see some hustle in addressing the passing game and that includes QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Sounds like they did move the ball, Geno had several good drives, from what I read, getting into the RZ several times, the defense is going to be very good, and no doubt the offense is going to work on their training camp agendas, not game plan specific for a scrimmage.
    That's true about getting into the RZ. Don't forget our big redzone targets Decker and Amaro were not playing at this point so it is no wonder that they struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    My first question would be, how many of the teams top offensive players saw a significant amount of reps?

I know Decker was very limited, CJ was on a pitch count, didn't hear Ivory's name called hardly at all, Powell was hurt.

Just wondering how much these guys actually played.

I didn't hear about the QB's throwing any picks - which is positive.

I know the scrimmage is not anything like having the first team offense on the field for a real game - 60 full minutes of playing together.

Maybe not the offensive showing we were hoping for - but lets keep it in perspective.
    In his recap Dick Cimini says Geno threw 2 dropped would-be interceptions. I'm not sure if I trust what he says though. His name is Dick after all.

Quote Originally Posted by wskelly View Post
    In his recap Dick Cimini says Geno threw 2 dropped would-be interceptions. I'm not sure if I trust what he says though. His name is Dick after all.
    He's a toolbox but he is correct. The announcers were saying the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Our defense has been dominating the offense in practice ever since Rex got here. IMO that is part of the reason why the offenses have sucked. Constantly getting smothered in practices and never developing a rhythm or any sort of continuity. That and lack of talent, of course.
    You are so dumb. You're really really dumb. For real.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GM_Returns View Post
    You are so dumb. You're really really dumb. For real.
    Couldn't care less what you think. Take your mensa card and shove it.