Thread: In the last two years, our preseason games have been a template to the season.

In the last two years, our preseason games have been a template to the season.

Coincidence or not, these last two years were painful to watch. We've gotten a glimpse of how bad the season was going to be during the exhibition games. I understand that this is not a standard and teams are vanilla in August. It's just that, the little things we couldn't get right during the preseason rolled over to the regular season and it all felt like one really long preseason. I'll always root for this team and next to winning a championship, I want to be entertained and feel like we have a chance every week. These last two years have been brutal and our preseason games have dictated whether or not this team is ready. It's a long season, we know this, but for some reason, I believe we'll also know by week 1 where this team stands. It's in the details.

All Pro
    It as been a long while since I have truly enjoyed a pre season game.

Well winning the Snuper Bowl was nice.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    Coincidence or not, these last two years were painful to watch. We've gotten a glimpse of how bad the season was going to be during the exhibition games. I understand that this is not a standard and teams are vanilla in August. It's just that, the little things we couldn't get right during the preseason rolled over to the regular season and it all felt like one really long preseason. I'll always root for this team and next to winning a championship, I want to be entertained and feel like we have a chance every week. These last two years have been brutal and our preseason games have dictated whether or not this team is ready. It's a long season, we know this, but for some reason, I believe we'll also know by week 1 where this team stands. It's in the details.
    Not that it means much, but I'd say we OVERACHIEVED the past two years based on what we saw in preseason.

I do agree that a "strong showing" this preseason (whatever that might mean) would allay some of my concerns going into the real games, ESPECIALLY on the offensive side of the ball (sadly I don't share the emphatic optimism many here apparently possess) . . .