Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for the HOF to institute some time limits

All League

Time for the HOF to institute some time limits

On these guys speeches.

Good God, this is unwatchable.....and LOOOOOOONG.

I thought Derrick Brooks was longwinded and boring.....and then this guy Humphrey starts rambling.

All League
    It would be a shame if Ray Guy didn't survive this Aholes 1 hour speech.......

LOL

All Pro
    It's their moment in the sun. I have no problem with a few codgers running long. If this was about ratings they wouldn't have it on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    It's their moment in the sun. I have no problem with a few codgers running long.
    +1

No sh*t!!!
    I've heard presidential inaugural speeches that were shorter.
    By the time Strahan speaks I will be eating my cornflakes!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    It's their moment in the sun. I have no problem with a few codgers running long. If this was about ratings they wouldn't have it on a Saturday.
    How about respecting the 5-6 codgers waiting their turns? Aeneas Williams family is going to be sitting waiting in folding chairs for 7 hout this pace. LOL.

Ray Guy should've gotten in a long time ago. The best player ever at the most important position in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    How about respecting the 5-6 codgers waiting their turns? Aeneas Williams family is going to be sitting waiting in folding chairs for 7 hout this pace. LOL.
    Hope they offer a bathroom break intermission.

Quote Originally Posted by CnP View Post
    Ray Guy should've gotten in a long time ago. The best player ever at the most important position in football.
    If Ray Guy doesn't get up there soon, he may snooze off.

Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Hope they offer a bathroom break intermission.
    With age comes wisdom. All the old codgers have Depends on.

4 down and 3 to go.
    I better grab another cup of coffee.

All Pro
    I didn't get a chance to watch. Anybody's speech particularly noteworthy?

Hall Of Fame
    No issue with them taking all the time they want. You only get inducted into the HoF once. If anything blame the HoF for inducting 6 people every year.

Banned
    As a result, these guys are pretty much compelled to thank everyone to include their pet goldfish. It is a lifetime achievement but for the sake of viewership, they ought to condense it a bit. You'd probably get more quality vs quantity.

This may take things in another direction but I'm listing a handful of players I didn't agree with over the years that have been inducted:

Darrell Green
    Art Monk
    Cris Carter
    Shannon Sharpe
    John Randle
    Chris Doleman
    Warren Moon
    Andre Reed (I would've voted in Haley of him or Williams)
    Aeneas Williams (lukewarm)

But I must say it's about time Ray Guy got in. He was "famous" for attention given towards his position. Hall of Fame to me indicates being famous for standing out, in spite of longevity. It seems to me that too many are getting in for longevity and compilation of stats.
    Last edited by Drunk Old Joe; 08-03-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    As a result, these guys are pretty much compelled to thank everyone to include their pet goldfish. It is a lifetime achievement but for the sake of viewership, they ought to condense it a bit. You'd probably get more quality vs quantity.

This may take things in another direction but I'm listing a handful of players I didn't agree with over the years that have been inducted:

Darrell Green
    Art Monk
    Cris Carter
    Shannon Sharpe
    John Randle
    Chris Doleman
    Warren Moon
    Andre Reed (I would've voted in Haley of him or Williams)
    Aeneas Williams (lukewarm)

But I must say it's about time Ray Guy got in. He was "famous" for attention given towards his position. Hall of Fame to me indicates being famous for standing out, in spite of longevity. It seems to me that too many are getting in for longevity and compilation of stats.
    Strahan forgot to thank Brett Farve who decided to lay down when Strahan breathed on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    Or...it could have something to do with him being the best player ever at the most important position in football. His hang-time won 3 SBs.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    On these guys speeches.

Good God, this is unwatchable.....and LOOOOOOONG.

I thought Derrick Brooks was longwinded and boring.....and then this guy Humphrey starts rambling.
    If it's a good story that's great, some are not we must take the good with the bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    For the Jets right now maybe.

All Pro
    Or...it could have something to do with him being the best player ever at the most important position in football. His hang-time won 3 SBs.
    I remember him playing when I was a kid and even then you could tell he was awesome. I watched his Road to Canton special last night and it was really good.