Thread: Guinness ICC - Anybody watching?

All Pro

Guinness ICC - Anybody watching?

It was pretty impressive to see Univ. of Michigan stadium filled with 101K spectators for Manchester United v. Real Madrid. Michigan, no less. The match had a couple of beautiful goals by Manchester's Young. Looking forward to the final on Monday night. If somebody could find a way to package the presentation of European soccer on U.S. TV it would in due time seriously challenge the NFL. Right now, you have to be a dedicated cognoscenti in the U.S. to find and follow a team like Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, or AC Milan on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    It was pretty impressive to see Univ. of Michigan stadium filled with 101K spectators for Manchester United v. Real Madrid. Michigan, no less. The match had a couple of beautiful goals by Manchester's Young. Looking forward to the final on Monday night. If somebody could find a way to package the presentation of European soccer on U.S. TV it would in due time seriously challenge the NFL. Right now, you have to be a dedicated cognoscenti in the U.S. to find and follow a team like Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, or AC Milan on TV.
    We don't have the great coverage of La Liga, Serie A, etc, but we have access to great coverage of the EPL for the time being. NBC Sports does a great job, as of last year. NBC & NBC Sports shows 5 or so matches every weekend during the season and you can watch every single game online through their website. They did a phenomenal job in their first year if coverage last season.

Agreed about other leagues, however. I have to go to bars early in the morning to watch anything Italian for the most part.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 08-04-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    We don't have the great coverage of La Liga, Serie A, etc, but we have access to great coverage of the EPL for the time being. NBC Sports does a great job, as of last year. NBC & NBC Sports shows 5 or so matches every weekend during the season and you can watch every single game online through their website. They did a phenomenal job in their first year if coverage last season.

Agreed about other leagues, however. I have to go to bars early in the morning to watch anything Italian for the most part.
    I was going to say this. NBC Sports really did a phenomenal job with Premier League last season. As for the other leagues, Bein isn't bad (Italy and Spain), but it's not on a ton of carriers, or you have to pay extra. Plus, they don't have nearly the advertising budget in the US that NBS Sports does. Germany is still carried by GolTV, I don't know anyone who has that.