Thread: Rontez Miles

All Pro

Rontez Miles

Anyone else intrigued about this guy?

He's an older, small school prospect, Came in as a UDFA last year, was cut then retained on the PS. Sounds like he's having a pretty decent camp thus far.

Anyone think he has a chance to get some playing time this year, and possibly replacing Landry next season?

I know we have Antonio Allen but I have dreams of him and slugger back there smokin' anything that moves!

Hall Of Fame
    He is a big hitter and a guy very much in the mold of what REX wants at safety! He played well last night as did Jarrett. Bush can be a goner because of these two guys. Bush is not a hitter like the other two. REX wants intimidators who can punish receivers and ball carriers.

All Pro
    Josh Bush is not making this team.

I like miles a lot and I think we are going to be playing a lot more 4-2-5 defense which he would excel at. A 3 safety package of miles "in the box", pryor playing "centerfield" while also being able to tackle, and antonio allen playing the strong side and covering the TE man to man which he excels at is a strong defense to play against today's passing offenses.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Josh Bush is not making this team.

I like miles a lot and I think we are going to be playing a lot more 4-2-5 defense which he would excel at. A 3 safety package of miles "in the box", pryor playing "centerfield" while also being able to tackle, and antonio allen playing the strong side and covering the TE man to man which he excels at is a strong defense to play against today's passing offenses.
    My thinking as well....

We could replace Landry next season and play a lot of 3 safety alignments with Pryor, Allen and Miles if he develops....

Rookie
    I saw somewhere one of the writers say he had a great scrimmage. Bush and/or Jarrett are gone it seems. Rex has liked him all along.

All Pro
    7:14

call 911 QB DOWN!!!

All Pro
    I have 5 Safetys making team

Pryor
    Allen
    Bush
    Landry
    Miles

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I have 5 Safetys making team

Pryor
    Allen
    Bush
    Landry
    Miles
    No way they keep 5. Bush gets cut would be my bet. Rex loves CBs and we have a ton of them fighting for jobs. Extra guy will go there for defense.

All Pro
    Bush is definetly the odd man out .. We know for a fact rex loves jarrett

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Bush is definetly the odd man out .. We know for a fact rex loves jarrett
    Jarrett is making the team, Rex raved about him after the scrimmage game last night, and I also think 5 make the roster

Allen
    Pryor
    Landry
    Jarrett
    Miles

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Jarrett is making the team, Rex raved about him after the scrimmage game last night, and I also think 5 make the roster

Allen
    Pryor
    Landry
    Jarrett
    Miles
    It's starting to look like a team strength

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    All depends on slugger and Allen.

I think we keep 5 as well, because of Rex running the 3 safety look so often...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Lol, just because we have six guys going for four/five spots doesn't make it a strength. It just means that themselves as a group haven't done much to separate themselves from one another. Dawan Landry wouldn't start on many teams. Neither would bush, allen, or Jarrett.

All League
    Allen is a playmaker. He would start on plenty of teams. You haven't been watching if you don't know that

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    Lol, just because we have six guys going for four/five spots doesn't make it a strength. It just means that themselves as a group haven't done much to separate themselves from one another. Dawan Landry wouldn't start on many teams. Neither would bush, allen, or Jarrett.
    The amount of of guys has nothing to with my statement, coach.
    I'm anticipating Allen is gonna be good player. Landry is a solid veteran player for them and he's a leader of that D. I also think that Pryor is gonna killer for them. It appears that they may be amounting some depth and talent. That's all. Obviously I like them a lot more than you. It'll be interesting to see what happens now..hahaha

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    No way they keep 5. Bush gets cut would be my bet. Rex loves CBs and we have a ton of them fighting for jobs. Extra guy will go there for defense.
    Bush will be cut, but we are gonna keep 5 UNLESS they try to slip miles through to the PS.

The 4th guy is gonna be jarret - Rex loves him and he now knows the defense, so he is valuable.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Anyone else intrigued about this guy?

He's an older, small school prospect, Came in as a UDFA last year, was cut then retained on the PS. Sounds like he's having a pretty decent camp thus far.

Anyone think he has a chance to get some playing time this year, and possibly replacing Landry next season?

I know we have Antonio Allen but I have dreams of him and slugger back there smokin' anything that moves!

He was on the field all night Saturday, and he made a lot of plays. Bush, and JJ were on the bench.
    Watch for it Thursday, and we'll find out. I think he may just move ahead of Landry this year.

Rookie
    I like Miles a lot. My guess is they will keep only four safeties. I think Bush is definitely out and Jarrett could hang on but I'm leaning towards him being out as well. With these guys all able to play both spots, there's little need to keep 5.

Pryor
    Allen
    Landry
    Miles

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    I like Miles a lot. My guess is they will keep only four safeties. I think Bush is definitely out and Jarrett could hang on but I'm leaning towards him being out as well. With these guys all able to play both spots, there's little need to keep 5.

Pryor
    Allen
    Landry
    Miles
    I have to watch Miles more in the preseason, but I might be okay with this safety rotation....