Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice, a member of the slap-a-ho tribe.... uh.. B****es

Veteran

Ray Rice, a member of the slap-a-ho tribe.... uh.. B****es

-Two years ago I replied to someone's thread with a derogatory comment about Ray Ray and was assassinated verbally by 2-3 fellow Jet fans onhere. I, unlike my usual self, remained cool even when called stupid/hick/dumb Arkie/etc. I usually don't as some of you know.
    Anyway, now that he beat his fiancee and dragged her out of an elevator while knocked the fahq out, I wonder.... can I NOW think he's a turd?

You can think whatever you like. Being judgmental without having all the facts at hand is every Americans God-given right.

You may, though, want to ask yourself this........what could possably have been on the tape of what happend INSIDE the elevator, that resulted in:

A. No criminal charges, and no desire to file them by the "victim".
    B. A slap on the Wrist by the NFL and a strident defense by both team and league.
    C. She (the woman he done knocked the fahg out) marrying him shortly thereafter.

Answer that, and you might see the light on this one.

Veteran
    As a judgmental American, I say sit on dick with nails in it Ray Rice. Good advice Warfish

All Pro
    Did you seriously get called an Arkie? LOL. Is that even considered derogatory?

I try to avoid the tabloid part of football when ever possible. Except if it is Rex going all, not ring kissing, here comes the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Good advice Warfish
    Any time, my friend.

so tell me.........

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    -Two years ago I replied to someone's thread with a derogatory comment about Ray Ray and was assassinated verbally by 2-3 fellow Jet fans onhere. I, unlike my usual self, remained cool even when called stupid/hick/dumb Arkie/etc. I usually don't as some of you know.
    Anyway, now that he beat his fiancee and dragged her out of an elevator while knocked the fahq out, I wonder.... can I NOW think he's a turd?
    why does his wife have to be a ho......that's way out of bounds, for any joke kemo sobe

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You can think whatever you like. Being judgmental without having all the facts at hand is every Americans God-given right.

You may, though, want to ask yourself this........what could possably have been on the tape of what happend INSIDE the elevator, that resulted in:

A. No criminal charges, and no desire to file them by the "victim".
    B. A slap on the Wrist by the NFL and a strident defense by both team and league.
    C. She (the woman he done knocked the fahg out) marrying him shortly thereafter.

Answer that, and you might see the light on this one.
    A) No witnesses, no charges.
    B) Team support (of course - no brainer due to needing his talents on the field) League support = cannot corroborate for or against, two games is a 1/2 mil penalty I think I read somewhere, not exactly a slap on the wrist. I don't know if that amount is correct.
    c) My cynical mind suggests that whatever went down wasn't worth jumping off the gravy train. YMMV.

Of course none of us know what really went down that led to the scene of him dragging her out of the elevator like a sack of potatoes.
    It also didn't look like he was fawning over her and concerned about her well being. That would have to wait until a little later when
    he must have realized his position was not too defensible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    B) Team support (of course - no brainer due to needing his talents on the field) League support = cannot corroborate for or against, two games is a 1/2 mil penalty I think I read somewhere, not exactly a slap on the wrist. I don't know if that amount is correct.
    c) My cynical mind suggests that whatever went down wasn't worth jumping off the gravy train. YMMV.

Of course none of us know what really went down that led to the scene of him dragging her out of the elevator like a sack of potatoes.
    It also didn't look like he was fawning over her and concerned about her well being. That would have to wait until a little later when
    For A and C, you can add that a lot of domestic violence victims don't press charges, for a variety of reasons.

A. There was a witness, the elevator camera. The Cops and the League know exactly what happened in that elevator.

I know it's hard or some to fathom, but it sounds like the drunken woman/future wife was 100% the aggressor. She hit him, and hit him first.

If not, he'd be in jail right now. Not worrying about Game #3 this season.

All Pro
    A. There was a witness, the elevator camera. The Cops and the League know exactly what happened in that elevator.

I know it's hard or some to fathom, but it sounds like the drunken woman/future wife was 100% the aggressor. She hit him, and hit him first.

If not, he'd be in jail right now. Not worrying about Game #3 this season.
    You are certain of that? How?

Jets Insider VIP
    Are you suggesting that Warfish might not know something?

I'm not claiming anything with certainty, I wasn't there.

But it was reported, repeatedly, on radio (sports and politics) that the NFL was given access to the elevator video as part of the disciplinary process, as was the Ravens.

Peter King Reporting of it here:

There is one other thing I did not write or refer to, and that is the other videotape the NFL and some Ravens officials have seen, from the security camera inside the elevator at the time of the physical altercation between Rice and his fiancée. I have heard reports of what is on the video, but because I could not confirm them and because of the sensitivity of the case, I never speculated on the video in my writing, because I don’t think it is fair in an incendiary case like this one to use something I cannot confirm with more than one person. I cannot say any more, because I did not see the tape.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/07/29/jordan...nt-panthers/2/
    Sadly, we (the general public) simply do not know what's on that tape. and we may even then disagree as to what should be done based off of it. We know Jury indicted him (as they say, a ham sammich can get indicted, especially in New Jersey), but we also know the prosecution allowed Rice to go all but scott free, via "diversionary program", what amounts to a "don't hit your wife" class.

If there is outrage, I would think it'd be directed at:

1. The Prosecutor for the wrist slap, legally.
    2. the Girlfriend, for not pressing charges, for not embracing the message that she is a victim, for marrying Rice, etc.

The NFL, who (lets face it) levies justice after the fact on things already judged by courts generally, seems to have little to force the issue with. No victim (she won't press charges and stands by him), no conviction (thanks State of New Jersey!), and an inside look at the events in the elevator that clearly didn't lead the NLFL to say "****, this is a huge issue he needs suspended forever for". Oh, and both Rice and the gal were drunk too.

Given these known items, it's reasonable to postulate that Rice may have bee the victim (to star) of her violence and reacted (as the far stronger person) and knocked her out.
    Last edited by Warfish; 08-04-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    The country goes ape chit over Pit Bulls and could give two chits over this and what this animal did, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    The country goes ape chit over Pit Bulls and could give two chits over this and what this animal did, sad.
    Let me ask you an honest question:

IF (big if) she, the girlfriend/future wife, was the aggressor and hit him first AND she didn't want to press charges AND she married him a few weeks later, why should I, random Sportsfan #498,123, give a **** about it?

Domestic violence is an issue. Yes, it struck my own family, deeply at that.

But if she hit first, and she didn;t want to press it and she wanted to marry the guy REGARDLESS of her motivaions, why should I be all pissy about it?

Freedom and liberty isn't always pretty. Neither are relationships. neither are all women, for that matter, as they too can be abusers.

So....tell me......what exactly am I supposed to be angry about, specificly? That he hit a chick? Why should I be more angry about it that the chick he hit is?

Jets Insider VIP
    If you're rich a woman will always take an ass kicking or 2 and shake it off like nothing. Poor man you're going to ****ing jail. Pretty sure 2 ass whipings is commonplace in the gold diger handbook. I feel nothing tor either

Jets Insider VIP
    She deserved it

Veteran
    Now we know. Kennesawjet... get over it. I was making light of a bad situation. Pull your pink Komen panties outta your butt and lighten up. And Warfish... well, just watch espn. Peace

Veteran
    And Ragu... your just funny as hell. I mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    If you're rich a woman will always take an ass kicking or 2 and shake it off like nothing. Poor man you're going to ****ing jail. Pretty sure 2 ass whipings is commonplace in the gold diger handbook. I feel nothing tor either
    exactly...

Let me ask you an honest question:

IF (big if) she, the girlfriend/future wife, was the aggressor and hit him first AND she didn't want to press charges AND she married him a few weeks later, why should I, random Sportsfan #498,123, give a **** about it?

Domestic violence is an issue. Yes, it struck my own family, deeply at that.

But if she hit first, and she didn;t want to press it and she wanted to marry the guy REGARDLESS of her motivaions, why should I be all pissy about it?

Freedom and liberty isn't always pretty. Neither are relationships. neither are all women, for that matter, as they too can be abusers.

So....tell me......what exactly am I supposed to be angry about, specificly? That he hit a chick? Why should I be more angry about it that the chick he hit is?