Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 129

Thread: oh Bengals, what have you done???

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,794

    oh Bengals, what have you done???

    6 years, $115 million for Andy Dalton



    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...115m-extension

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,440
    LOL Good news!

  3. #3
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    272
    Holy LOL.... whatever. I don't get it.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkjet24 View Post
    Holy LOL.... whatever. I don't get it.
    Just depends on the guaranteed money. Might not be that bad a deal.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,627
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Just depends on the guaranteed money. Might not be that bad a deal.
    True, people were saying the same thing about Kaepernicks contract until the details came out and showed to be a decent contract. It's all about the guarantees and the team options.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    966
    This will have a negative cumulative effect on the league. This could lead to drafting a new QB every 5 years to avoid cap-hogging contracts devoted to a veteran QB upon completing his rookie deal. Just a thought.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Just depends on the guaranteed money. Might not be that bad a deal.
    True. Probably a Kaepernick type deal.

    I saw it scrolling at the bottom of NFL Network and thought it was a typo.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,627
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    True. Probably a Kaepernick type deal.

    I saw it scrolling at the bottom of NFL Network and thought it was a typo.
    Well it is rare to see the word Bengals and 115 million in the same sentence.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Should have extended AJ first

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,148
    Dalton is just one of three quarterbacks in NFL history to have thrown for over 3000 yards in each of his first three seasons, joining Cam Newton and Peyton Manning, and just one of three to have passed for at least 20 touchdowns in each of his first three seasons, joining Manning and Dan Marino. Dalton is the only quarterback to lead the Cincinnati Bengals to three consecutive playoff berths, and just one of five quarterbacks to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first three seasons. He is also the Bengals franchise record holder for passing yards and touchdowns in a season.

    He has increased his tds and qb rating in each of his 1st 3 years.

    He is getting better every year. Nice signing by the Bengals. I would have loved to have signed Dalton if they decided to let him go.

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110
    Any deal that doesn't allow the Bengals to potentially sever ties after this season...is a bad deal.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,627
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Should have extended AJ first
    I think his deal will be done soon.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2
    Great signing. Dalton is easily a top 5 QB.

    Rodgers
    Manning
    Brady
    Wilson
    Dalton

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Any deal that doesn't allow the Bengals to potentially sever ties after this season...is a bad deal.
    I have to imagine there are team options after year 2, there will most likely be adverse cap implications if they cut him after this season depending on how much signing bonus there is.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110
    Quote Originally Posted by GM3 View Post
    Great signing. Dalton is easily a top 5 QB.

    Rodgers
    Manning
    Brady
    Wilson
    Dalton
    LOL

    You just don't quit

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I have to imagine there are team options after year 2, there will most likely be adverse cap implications if they cut him after this season depending on how much signing bonus there is.
    To me that whole organization is ass-backwards.

    They're going to let a potential championship caliber roster go to waste by leaving it in the hands of Dalton and Marvin Lewis.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Dalton is just one of three quarterbacks in NFL history to have thrown for over 3000 yards in each of his first three seasons, joining Cam Newton and Peyton Manning, and just one of three to have passed for at least 20 touchdowns in each of his first three seasons, joining Manning and Dan Marino. Dalton is the only quarterback to lead the Cincinnati Bengals to three consecutive playoff berths, and just one of five quarterbacks to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first three seasons. He is also the Bengals franchise record holder for passing yards and touchdowns in a season.

    He has increased his tds and qb rating in each of his 1st 3 years.

    He is getting better every year. Nice signing by the Bengals. I would have loved to have signed Dalton if they decided to let him go.
    He is bailed out by having one of the best receivers in the NFL. I'm not so sure this is a terrible deal, but Dalton is not as good as his numbers because AJ Green is so good.

  18. #18
    So if Geno was coming off 4300 yards, 33 TD's and completed 62% of his passes the prior season you're telling me that you wouldn't lock him up? I know you guys like to use the "he has a great WR" excuse but show me a very good QB who doesn't. For fans of such a QB hungry franchise it's weird that you criticise a 26 year old QB off of the numbers he's put up the first 3 years of his career. Especially since some of you dopes defended Sanchez his whole career.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    To me that whole organization is ass-backwards.

    They're going to let a potential championship caliber roster go to waste by leaving it in the hands of Dalton and Marvin Lewis.
    I think they had to keep Dalton at this point, like you said they have a really good roster and are ready to win now. I agree about Marvin Lewis, if they don't win a playoff game this year I don't see how they bring him back, but this is the Bengals.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    He is bailed out by having one of the best receivers in the NFL. I'm not so sure this is a terrible deal, but Dalton is not as good as his numbers because AJ Green is so good.
    What about the other 3000 yards and 22 TD's?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us