Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Pryor cleared for contact

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,110

    Pryor cleared for contact

    Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 2m
    #Jets clarify Rex's earlier statement on Pryor: 1st-round safety has been cleared for contact, which is why he participated in green jersey

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI 2m
    #Jets clarify Rex's earlier statement on Pryor: 1st-round safety has been cleared for contact, which is why he participated in green jersey
    Good news indeed. Hope he makes an appearance on Thursday night.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,701
    Slugger time.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,848
    Glad to hear it.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,924
    Let's hope we don't see him on Special Teams.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Sweet. I'd actually rather see him make a play on the ball than deliver a big hit.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,612
    worried...big hitter gets concussion...seemd to negated reason we drafted him...will this guy still fly around...and if he does will it make him more susceptible to further concussions...

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portlandia, OR
    Posts
    1,122
    Use your shoulder until the preseason is over, Slugger.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not Scout
    Posts
    14,807
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Use your shoulder until the preseason is over, Slugger.
    He does use his shoulder. All the time. He punishes the hell out of people LEGALLY. That's also not how he was "injured" tho.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    650
    Glad he's back. Hope that his injury was really minor and that the time out is part of a more cautious NFL.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    worried...big hitter gets concussion...seemd to negated reason we drafted him...will this guy still fly around...and if he does will it make him more susceptible to further concussions...
    He was a big hitter in college but mostly used his shoulder. Definitely not a head hunter, but in the NFL I can see him picking up a bunch of unwarranted PF penalties. It sucks, but that is the state GODell has us in and it's only going to get worse.

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Sweet. I'd actually rather see him make a play on the ball than deliver a big hit.
    He delivers one of those BIG hits on a WR/TE crossing over the middle and I guaranty there will be dropped passes after that. Big Hits do almost the same thing psychologically as an interception. Big hits set a tone.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Good news indeed. Hope he makes an appearance on Thursday night.
    He just had a concussion. Who gives a $hit about this game.
    LETS HOPE WE DONT SEE HIM.
    Let him recover fully...

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    He just had a concussion. Who gives a $hit about this game.
    LETS HOPE WE DONT SEE HIM.
    Let him recover fully...
    Badiness., my fellow whartonite, you have such compassion

  15. #15
    Good to hear finally. Looking forward to the slugger lay the wood.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not Scout
    Posts
    14,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    He just had a concussion. Who gives a $hit about this game.
    LETS HOPE WE DONT SEE HIM.
    Let him recover fully...
    We need to be extra careful and sit our entire projected 53 until the Oakland game just to be safe. There's no need to risk it!

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    He just had a concussion. Who gives a $hit about this game.
    LETS HOPE WE DONT SEE HIM.
    Let him recover fully...
    So our projected rookie starting safety doesn't need game experience? Gotcha.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    So our projected rookie starting safety doesn't need game experience? Gotcha.
    The guy just had a concussion 4 days ago!

    you guys are on drugs...its game ONE of PRE-season!
    This game has NO MEANING WHATSOEVER!!!
    Hello?
    Anybody home around here?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    We need to be extra careful and sit our entire projected 53 until the Oakland game just to be safe. There's no need to risk it!
    OHHHH.Now I get it! You guys have all had concussions this past week too.
    You are all WOOZY, and are unable to think clearly.

    This makes sense now.

    Its not that you are ON DRUGS, your just talking delirious and suffering from POST-CONCUSSION SYNDROME yourselves...
    That explains things...

    You can't think clearly.
    Bells are ringing in your ears.
    Your vision is blurred.
    Your judgement is tainted.

    I get it. I understand now....yes, sure. Lets play this guy all 4 quarters. Get him into some real contact.
    It will be good for him.

    Screw it, he should play at least two quarters WITHOUT A HELMET!
    Last edited by Baddniss; 08-05-2014 at 01:29 AM.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,555
    My point being, it was a mild concussion at best, incurred by being a personal protector on a punt. It's not like it was some huge hit in the secondary on WR going over the middle. If it wasn't for the extra attention being paid to concussions due to recent lawsuits, I have no doubt dude wouldn't have been in the next day.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us