Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belly humor

Schluberator & Gadfly

Belly humor

Arby's near Redskins training camp offers up Bill Belichick a parking spot

The Washington Redskins and New England Patriots are gearing up for some joint practices this week, starting Monday in Richmond, Va.

The visiting Patriots are being welcomed warmly by some of the locals, it appears, and that even extends to their much-maligned head coach, Bill Belichick.
    If you're unaware, the "HC of the NYJ" was very briefly Belichick, who took the job with the New York Jets one day, then resigned the next, as legend writing on a napkin: I resign as HC of the NYJ.

The folks in the greater D.C. area have not forgotten this obscure reference, and they even have turned it into a welcome mat for the successful HC of the NEP. So if Belichick wants to roll over to the nearby Arby's (Yahoo Maps lists it as a mere 0.35 miles away) and grab himself a post-practice Jr. Ham & Cheddar formerly known as the Hot Ham n' Cheese he most certainly can, and with parking ease.

See, not everyone hates Belichick, it appears.

All Pro
    LOL, like I said in the other thread, everyone in the country is hip to Belichick aka Satan's cheating ways except for the trolls from dooshbagland aka Massof2****s...

Just realized yesterday 2 ex Jet HCs have won 4 SBs. Belichick (3) Carroll (1).
    Add that to the Jet's "WTF" list.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Hofstra will change a man.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post

The Washington Redskins and New England Patriots are gearing up for some joint practices this week, starting Monday in Richmond, Va.

The visiting Patriots are being welcomed warmly by some of the locals, it appears, and that even extends to their much-maligned head coach, Bill Belichick.
    If you're unaware, the "HC of the NYJ" was — very briefly — Belichick, who took the job with the New York Jets one day, then resigned the next, as legend writing on a napkin: “I resign as HC of the NYJ.”

The folks in the greater D.C. area have not forgotten this obscure reference, and they even have turned it into a welcome mat for the successful HC of the NEP. So if Belichick wants to roll over to the nearby Arby's (Yahoo Maps lists it as a mere 0.35 miles away) and grab himself a post-practice Jr. Ham & Cheddar — formerly known as the Hot Ham n' Cheese — he most certainly can, and with parking ease.

Not everyone hates him?

They put fricken binoculars on the sign to reference Spygate. lol

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Not everyone hates him?

They put fricken binoculars on the sign to reference Spygate. lol
    This whole parking spot thing is a huge slight to Belichick in favor of the Jets. "HC of the NYJ" is a dead giveaway of the infamous napkin. Binoculars are a nice touch. A Jets fan is behind this.

Bet he parks there anyway. Cuz he can.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 08-04-2014 at 06:03 PM.

All League
    The question is:

if we had not used Belichick to get Tuna, would he still be our coach today?

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    This whole parking spot thing is a huge slight to Belichick in favor of the Jets. "HC of the NYJ" is a dead giveaway of the infamous napkin. Binoculars are a nice touch. A Jets fan is behind this.

Bet he parks there anyway. Cuz he can.
    No, he parks in the handicapped spots because they are closer, every little bit counts and he thinks the rules don't apply to him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    No, he parks in the handicapped spots because they are closer, every little bit counts and he thinks the rules don't apply to him.
    100% his style. No question about it.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    The question is:

if we had not used Belichick to get Tuna, would he still be our coach today?
    Another question...had he stayed, how would we feel with three tainted Super Bowls under our belt?

I guess it would have been a fun ride...until we found out we cheated. I prefer to do it the old fashioned way and earn it legitimately. Can't wait for these next few years to play out

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fings View Post
    Another question...had he stayed, how would we feel with three tainted Super Bowls under our belt?

I guess it would have been a fun ride...until we found out we cheated. I prefer to do it the old fashioned way and earn it legitimately. Can't wait for these next few years to play out
    Which QB would he have taken to these 3 SB wins?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post

If you're unaware, the "HC of the NYJ" was — very briefly — Belichick, who took the job with the New York Jets one day, then resigned the next, as legend writing on a napkin: “I resign as HC of the NYJ.”

The folks in the greater D.C. area have not forgotten this obscure reference, and they even have turned it into a welcome mat for the successful HC of the NEP. So if Belichick wants to roll over to the nearby Arby's (Yahoo Maps lists it as a mere 0.35 miles away) and grab himself a post-practice Jr. Ham & Cheddar — formerly known as the Hot Ham n' Cheese — he most certainly can, and with parking ease.

The guy writing the article had the sarcasm and true meaning of the sign soar way above his head.
    Last edited by JetBidi; 08-04-2014 at 08:10 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fings View Post

Nah, you just want to win it. Feel the emotions. See your team on the cover SI and embrace it.

Ridiculously happy. Much less angst than you feel every day. Question the legitimacy all you want, I saw my team win it all. You can't take away that feeling.

All League
    That'd be hilarious if Herm showed up instead.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Which QB would he have taken to these 3 SB wins?
    Not Brady.

Pioli should be given 100% of the credit there, because **** Bill.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    Thank goodness it wasn't Herm. I wouldn't even know how to begin to understand how to comprehend that.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    That'd be hilarious if Herm showed up instead.
    LOL it's hilarious now.

Now; hmmm, not so much.

But the trolling Ashole is trying to sell us on how well respected Belicheat is, really? Funny thing is I don't recall BillWalsh, Landry, Knoll, etc. being characterized like Belicheat. So much for respect. That didn't take long, LMFAO.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    The guy writing the article had the sarcasm and true meaning of the sign soar way above his head.
    99% sure that's an obvious tongue in cheek comment.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    But the trolling Ashole is trying to sell us on how well respected Belicheat is, really? Funny thing is I don't recall BillWalsh, Landry, Knoll, etc. being characterized like Belicheat. So much for respect. That didn't take long, LMFAO.

Belichek is well respected and i thought of as one of the best coaches in the league. He is not well liked.