Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the Jets should learn from Chip Kelly

Veteran

What the Jets should learn from Chip Kelly

I thought this would be an interesting thing to bring up. Last year, in Chip Kelly's first year, there were a few articles coming out about his specialized offseason regimens and advanced camp technologies. I was really interested in a lot of the information because it dealt with using personalized meal plans, nutrient supplementation, and hydration analysis to make sure all his players were running at optimum efficiency.

The reason i bring this up is because last week EPSN had a lot of college coaches on and they were interviewing urban meyer. Meyer said the one thing he took away from his conversations with Chip Kelly in the offseason was all these new sciences that he used to train his team. Apparently the eagles were one of the only teams in the NFL last year to not list a player on their injury report with a soft tissue injury (meaning hamstring, groin pulls and things as such). Recently in camp there have been a number of players with nagging soft tissue injuries and it seems like daily the list grows with guys having to go off to the side with these problems. How are the jets not looking into this technology now and implementing it?

Everyone talked about how chip kelly was going to revolutionize the NFL with his new offense, but it may very well be how he prepares his team that others should be taking notes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    When you have a Top 10 QB these are the things people write about you!Once Geno gets better and the Jets go 10-6... you watch!
    By next season Rex will be written up for his "Braggadocios" ways and how they give the Jets a psychological edge over other teams.
    It's "Cutting Edge" psychology!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

But did he hire a sleep consultant? I don't think so

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Maybe Chip should learn from Rex.

Rex made it to a conference championship game, without anything close to a top QB or decent passing game. Chip may never get there.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    hahaha i forgot about that. Still overall, if that stat urban meyer gave is true thats pretty remarkable to be able to manage injuries that efficiently. I'm not saying that you can completely eliminate injuries from the game, but if you can significantly reduce the amount of muscle strains and pulls thats a huge plus.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebetfan80 View Post
    hahaha i forgot about that. Still overall, if that stat urban meyer gave is true thats pretty remarkable to be able to manage injuries that efficiently. I'm not saying that you can completely eliminate injuries from the game, but if you can significantly reduce the amount of muscle strains and pulls thats a huge plus.
    I mean Sal Alosi and whatever he was supplying our players with kept us fairly injury free for a few years until he tripped a dolphin's player.

Practice Squad
    Mike Vick lost his job last year due to a hamstring injury. That doesn't count? I'm confused.

Practice Squad
    Personalized meal plans and staff dieticians should be used by all teams. Several Jets players through the past few years, and many players around the league, commented that they got better or faster when they changed their diet.

All Pro
    I thought this would be an interesting thing to bring up. Last year, in Chip Kelly's first year, there were a few articles coming out about his specialized offseason regimens and advanced camp technologies. I was really interested in a lot of the information because it dealt with using personalized meal plans, nutrient supplementation, and hydration analysis to make sure all his players were running at optimum efficiency.

The reason i bring this up is because last week EPSN had a lot of college coaches on and they were interviewing urban meyer. Meyer said the one thing he took away from his conversations with Chip Kelly in the offseason was all these new sciences that he used to train his team. Apparently the eagles were one of the only teams in the NFL last year to not list a player on their injury report with a soft tissue injury (meaning hamstring, groin pulls and things as such). Recently in camp there have been a number of players with nagging soft tissue injuries and it seems like daily the list grows with guys having to go off to the side with these problems. How are the jets not looking into this technology now and implementing it?

Everyone talked about how chip kelly was going to revolutionize the NFL with his new offense, but it may very well be how he prepares his team that others should be taking notes.
    I'm always fascinated by the articles on Chip Kelly's techniques, etc. I think he has some secret computer software that the players use, which helps give them "reps" without being on the field. Our health issues are a direct result of terminating Sal Alosi. We didn't have any problems when he was here.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Score more than the other team?

Rex, take notes.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    Personalized meal plans and staff dieticians should be used by all teams. Several Jets players through the past few years, and many players around the league, commented that they got better or faster when they changed their diet.
    The fact that there are clowns making fun of a state of the art conditioning program tells you all you need to know about some Jets fans!!

I am sorry to inform some of you that Rex didn't invent football and if a coach such as Myers is saying he can still learn then so can Rex Ryan or anyone in any field hoping to increase their knowledge and performance!!

Good Grief!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I'm always fascinated by the articles on Chip Kelly's techniques, etc. I think he has some secret computer software that the players use, which helps give them "reps" without being on the field. Our health issues are a direct result of terminating Sal Alosi. We didn't have any problems when he was here.
    It is called taking mental reps and it based on the proven science that the mind can not tell the difference between an actual experience and one vividly imagined. They have done the same thing in golf and golfers have taken several strokes off their golf game with this approach.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Kelly runs a fast paced O, and we are Philly North.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eboozer32 View Post
    When you have a Top 10 QB these are the things people write about you!Once Geno gets better and the Jets go 10-6... you watch!
    By next season Rex will be written up for his "Braggadocios" ways and how they give the Jets a psychological edge over other teams.
    It's "Cutting Edge" psychology!
    Was Nick Foles born a top 10 QB? Seems to be the consensus around here that QB development is bull**** and you are born elite or not, and the true football coaches are the ones just praying for one to drop in their lap to help them showcase their true talents. Rex is very patiently praying.

All Pro

PHILADELPHIA -- As Eagles training camp rolls into its third week, the injuries (while not necessarily significant) are beginning to mount.

Wide receiver Jeremy Maclin who did not finish Thursday's practice at the Novacare Complex due to an unspecified injury returned during the team's open practice at Lincoln Financial Field Sunday.

Meanwhile, two other receivers remain sidelined as Jeff Maehl and Riley Cooper both were seen in walking boots. However, Eagles head coach Chip Kelly said before Sunday's practice that Cooper would return to practice this week.

Both Maehl and Cooper are dealing with ankle injuries.

Running back Chris Polk, sidelined since Monday with a hamstring injury remains sidelined.

On the defensive side of the ball, Earl Wolff missed Friday's practice with soreness, but returned to action on Sunday.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    It is called taking mental reps and it based on the proven science that the mind can not tell the difference between an actual experience and one vividly imagined. They have done the same thing in golf and golfers have taken several strokes off their golf game with this approach.
    Every sport does this (eg skiers visualize themselves skiing their course, the examples are endless, heck I've even done it). I am very surprised this hasn't made it into the NFL other than Kelly who just got there.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 08-05-2014 at 12:10 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Was Nick Foles born a top 10 QB? Seems to be the consensus around here that QB development is bull**** and you are born elite or not, and the true football coaches are the ones just praying for one to drop in their lap to help them showcase their true talents. Rex is very patiently praying.
    Absolutely untrue.

Rookie
    Hey Jets, recruiting violations pay!

Hall Of Fame
    Some people mentioned Sal, and I agree.

That was stupid as hell to fire him and it was only to please some absolute morons in the media.

They need to bring him back now.

But don't forget. Revis had "hamstring" issues whenever he wasn't making a Mil per game.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    BAM!

Don't forget Mangini's Long-Ass Bus Ride to Character Town.