Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 162

Thread: Brandin Cooks

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    125

    Brandin Cooks

    This kid looks really good. I think we are going to regret taking Pryor over him big time!!!!

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Looks really good?

    Have you even seen him play?

    I was one of the biggest Cooks proponents out there but it's way to early for these types of threads.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,927
    DUMP

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,440
    DUMP

    LOCK

    BAN

    REPEAT

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    456
    Double dump.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,327
    I hate when this happens

    A guy makes a reasonable observation, and he gets slammed

    If cooks looks good, then yea maybe it would have been the better pick. A safety thats already got a concussion after coming off a different injury is not a great thing. Why is that so wrong to discuss? Its just speculation and speculation is what pre season is all about anyway

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    881

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,114
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    I hate when this happens

    A guy makes a reasonable observation, and he gets slammed

    If cooks looks good, then yea maybe it would have been the better pick. A safety thats already got a concussion after coming off a different injury is not a great thing. Why is that so wrong to discuss? Its just speculation and speculation is what pre season is all about anyway
    2 things:

    number 1: small receivers rarely become great, he may end up being a good player though if he can stay healthy, Pryor has a lot more upside as far as his position goes
    number 2: cooks has looks pretty good in camp, i think he is going to make an immediate impact on that team with that QB


  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cutchogue
    Posts
    2,167



    J/K

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,109
    Let Drew Brees throw to me in 1 on 1's and my fatass will look passable.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,327
    I remember back in dewayne robertsons rookie camp, after it was all done, i posted a thread about being concerned that there literally has not been one report about how he was doing. Nothing. I said this silencemight mean hes a bust

    And the board went crazy. They killed me

    Where is dewayne today?

    Look, you always get excited about positive news from camp. Great. But by the same token, if there is bad news or no news, well thats reason to be concerned no matter how much the homers on this site wish you didnt mention it. I hope our draft class kicks azz, but so far it seems all the wr picks are not panning out and our safety may be injury prone.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The swamp via LI
    Posts
    2,739
    I think all of the draft guys know what I think about Cooks vs. Pryor. Now I hope Pryor turns into a perennial All-Pro because he's a Jet.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    I remember back in dewayne robertsons rookie camp, after it was all done, i posted a thread about being concerned that there literally has not been one report about how he was doing. Nothing. I said this silencemight mean hes a bust

    And the board went crazy. They killed me

    Where is dewayne today?

    Look, you always get excited about positive news from camp. Great. But by the same token, if there is bad news or no news, well thats reason to be concerned no matter how much the homers on this site wish you didnt mention it. I hope our draft class kicks azz, but so far it seems all the wr picks are not panning out and our safety may be injury prone.
    Are you really a teacher?

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,327
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I think all of the draft guys know what I think about Cooks vs. Pryor. Now I hope Pryor turns into a perennial All-Pro because he's a Jet.
    Me too

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Are you really a teacher?
    As it stands today, and yes its early and things can change, our draft class is less than stellar

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    As it stands today, and yes its early and things can change, our draft class is less than stellar
    Haven't even played a preseason game and our draft class is less than stellar.

    Those poor kids.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Haven't even played a preseason game and our draft class is less than stellar.

    Those poor kids.
    Another one with poor reading comprehension.

    I made it clear that as it stands today, and that could change, our draft picks are not stellar

    Might be the best picks ever in the end. Do you now understand bobby

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Haven't even played a preseason game and our draft class is less than stellar.

    Those poor kids.
    LOL it's comical. A bunch of tweets can tell a man that a draft class is less than stellar.....

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,327
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    LOL it's comical. A bunch of tweets can tell a man that a draft class is less than stellar.....
    Right but thats all we have, tweets and articles.

    On the flip side, if a prospect was tearing it up, youd be raving about him. It works both ways

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    Another one with poor reading comprehension.

    I made it clear that as it stands today, and that could change, our draft picks are not stellar

    Might be the best picks ever in the end. Do you now understand bobby
    As it stands today doesn't exist because no valid opinion, good or bad,can be formed regarding rookies after a few weeks of training camp.

    Holy Christ.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us