Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandin Cooks

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Your premise is inherently flawed. You can say SO FAR as some caveat, but it doesn't change the fact that your conclusions are based on poor methods. You are taking EXTREMELY small sample sizes and then extrapolating. Sure you are admitting that using the SO FAR label, but it still leads to extremely crappy analysis. Pryor never had injury issues in college (a much larger sample size) and yet based of ONE injury in camp you have labeled him injury prone. I agree with you that you can't anoint someone a HOF on positive performance either. But to support the claim that we will regret picking X over Y based off of mini camp is an idiotic sentiment.
    Ratt to Clowney= HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    That's great stuff and god damn, Ed is awesome. Without a doubt he is one of my favorite players to ever play the game.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Your premise is inherently flawed. You can say SO FAR as some caveat, but it doesn't change the fact that your conclusions are based on poor methods. You are taking EXTREMELY small sample sizes and then extrapolating. Sure you are admitting that using the SO FAR label, but it still leads to extremely crappy analysis. Pryor never had injury issues in college (a much larger sample size) and yet based of ONE injury in camp you have labeled him injury prone. I agree with you that you can't anoint someone a HOF on positive performance either. But to support the claim that we will regret picking X over Y based off of mini camp is an idiotic sentiment.
    My bad im confusing dexter mcdougle and pryor regarding injuries

Nobodymade any claim about x vs y. Its just nice in general to hear good stuff about yourpics, at least one or two. Im sure if i took the time and picked 5 random teams, each would have one guy who is making news. We dont seemto have any. So far. Thats all. Its all very simple . Not my fault if people are reading too deep into it

If you google this:

Nfl training camp rookie standouts

You get LOTS of articles on this very subject. This is a great example of the 12 hottest:

Rookies off to Hottest Starts in NFL Training Camps | Bleacher Report
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...training-camps

So heres my question to you freaks:

How is it that you bash me for making reasonable observations after only afew weeks of training camp when there are already a ton of articles doing the same exact thing? Guess what? The jets werent in the article. Shocker

Give it up. You sound silly. Im right, youre wrong. Sojf=delusional and in denial

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    My bad im confusing dexter mcdougle and pryor regarding injuries

Nobodymade any claim about x vs y. Its just nice in general to hear good stuff about yourpics, at least one or two. Im sure if i took the time and picked 5 random teams, each would have one guy who is making news. We dont seemto have any. So far. Thats all. Its all very simple . Not my fault if people are reading too deep into it
    I think the issue here is that you supported the OP, who DID make that claim. Also you have taken into consideration the sources we have. Like I mentioned earlier you heard good things about the rookies via KRL. But magically they began to suck when we only had the trash beat writers' tweets to go off of.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Interesting that you know what all the rookies futures will be and how they will or would have played on the Jets. It's a wonder you're not on in high demand on every team's scout staff.
    When you start watching college football and breaking down players tape maybe I'd care about your opinion. At least I'm willing to break down players and give my views, and put my name on the record.
    Go watch some of Pryors tape and get back to me, and I'm not talking about the highlight reels.

Amazing that a majority of posters on this site actually preferred Marquise Lee over Cooks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Amazing that a majority of posters on this site actually preferred Marquise Lee over Cooks.
    Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Not me.
    No, it was the same guys who know everything who were also salivating over Sydney Rice in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Not me.
    Me neither. Don't trust anyone from USC. Fvck that place.

If you google this:

You get LOTS of articles on this very subject. This is a great example of the 12 hottest:

How is it that you bash me for making reasonable observations after only afew weeks of training camp when there are already a ton of articles doing the same exact thing? Guess what? The jets werent in the article. Shocker

Give it up. You sound silly. Im right, youre wrong. Sojf=delusional and in denial
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-camps/page/2
    from the same article last year
    Kenbrell Thompkins
    osh Chapman
    Rod Streater
    Russell Shepard
    Aldrick Robinson
    Ryan Broyles
    David Bakharti
    Mark Ingram

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    was amazing how much i had to argue cooks over lee in the draft forum.

Rookie
    It's a moot point. John Idzik took Calvin Pryor. I'm glad.

Whatever receiver NO took, the chances are that he would doing well right now with Drew Brees throwing him the ball, including Lee.

There were reports that Idzik tried to get Lee in the second round. I'm thinking they're accurate too. I hope people aren't losing their faith in Idzik.I liked Lee, a lot. I would've liked that one too.

But I don't care now. I care that Idzik, MM, Rex, David Lee, Terry Bradway, and the rest of the Scouting Dep't decided to take Pryor. I'm assuming [we all know what that means!] that they scouted all the WR's and went in the direction they felt was best for the team, and Geno.

If you google this:

First, because you are an SOJF!

Second, because Sheldon wasn't on the list last year. So it's worth diddlysquat (a technical term).

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-camps/page/2
    from the same article last year
    Kenbrell Thompkins
    osh Chapman
    Rod Streater
    Russell Shepard
    Aldrick Robinson
    Ryan Broyles
    David Bakharti
    Mark Ingram
    Another guy whos missing the point

You are sending lasts years hot list in a feeble attempt to challenge my claim

But my claim, once again, is not that these guys are future busts. My only claim is that no matter howyou spin it, the jets rookie class has not excelled so far

Do you get it now?

i wanted cooks, lee, or davonte adams. ok we got pryor and i hope he's a jet lifer in the HOF. But passing on adams for amaro? Yeah that really pissed me off. Amaro never lined up as a TE and played in a simple offense. Maybe MM is smart and will line him up outside in order to take advantage of his on the field abilities but then why not just draft adams if you're going to line your TE up as a WR?

meh, still a couple years before we're ready, still a couple years. We've been here all this time what's a couple more years?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Your right:
    1. Amaro - dropping passes constantly. Uncomfortable
    2. Mcdougle - injured again
    3. Saunders - havent read anything that praised him
    4. Evans - talk of him on the ps
    Shouldi goon?

You are in denial
    PS possibility, injured, haven't read praise (therefore he's struggling, my favorite) and one guy who you claim is dropping passes "constantly"

So one guy according to you is struggling. You're a typical clueless, I need instant gratification SOJF fan who needs to be told that all is going well every day otherwise you just know it's bad.

Another guy whos missing the point

You are sending lasts years hot list in a feeble attempt to challenge my claim

But my claim, once again, is not that these guys are future busts. My only claim is that no matter howyou spin it, the jets rookie class has not excelled so far

Do you get it now?
    I guess my point is. The fact that the Jets rookie class hasn't excelled through two weeks of practice is not a sign of anything. Honestly, 1 year is too early to discuss how good/bad a draft class is.

10 days is absurdly too early. If you want to complain that reports are that other draft picks are practicing better, that's fine. But you have to realize that most people are going to recognize the first 10 days of camp as far too early to draw any long term conclusion.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If you google this:

Your logic is you haven't heard about the picks enough therefore they're struggling. That would be a failed logic.

Saying everyone is denial because they understand that you need more than that to go on also doesn't make you smart. Or thinking that McDougle is Pryor, while neither is injured. Maybe you should wait to see players play before judging draft picks because they don't have enough fluff pieces written about them like the garbage that typically comes out of the media in most other parts of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    was amazing how much i had to argue cooks over lee in the draft forum.
    It was comical.