Thread: Ed Reed

Ed Reed

I know many people wanted him gone, but remember he had a good impact on Millner and Rex likes veteran safeties. I realize he won't come back, but wanted to thank him for his short and successful time as a Jet. Does he sign with another or will he retire if he hasn't already done so? Maybe he can coach for us? He was the best safety ballhawk I've ever seen and sure hall of famed!

He said a couple weeks ago he wants to catch on with some team during the season, he's working out right now getting ready to play in case somebody calls him up. If that doesn't work out he wants to be a coach for pretty much anybody but if the Ravens want him that's gonna be his first choice. Obviously.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    He said a couple weeks ago he wants to catch on with some team during the season, he's working out right now getting ready to play in case somebody calls him up. If that doesn't work out he wants to be a coach for pretty much anybody but if the Ravens want him that's gonna be his first choice. Obviously.
    Agreed, if you remember during the draft, according to reports coming out of the room was that the Jets were so excited that the Ravens did not select Calvin Pryor one selection before them. Clearly the Jets thought the Ravens needed a safety. I could see Reed catching on by week 4 if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    Agreed, if you remember during the draft, according to reports coming out of the room was that the Jets were so excited that the Ravens did not select Calvin Pryor one selection before them. Clearly the Jets thought the Ravens needed a safety. I could see Reed catching on by week 4 if needed.
    I don't see our safeties as healthy or ready we were horrible vs. the deep ball last year and other than Landry lack significant experience.

All Pro
    I still would love to bring Ed back, but there's isn't any space for him on the roster.

Thanks for raising our young pups for a couple of weeks Ed! Much appreciated!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I doubt anyone signs Reed until after the 1st week of the season.