Thread: Jets share their iPad playbook password

Hall Of Fame

Jets share their iPad playbook password

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ey-won-it-all/

Somewhere in Massachusetts, you can practically see Bill Belichick scribbling the number on the back of an envelope: “1-9-6-9.”

According to Brian Costello of the New York Post, that’s the pass code the Jets are using to activate the iPads they give players in lieu of playbooks.

It’s a gentle reminder to the Jets of the last time the organization won the Super Bowl, even if it’s not the most tech-savvy way to protect their information.

“It’s just something to remember — 1969 is the last time this team was perfect,” defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson said. “That’s a long time ago.”

Of course, it’s also a more subtle message than the Jets are used to spouting, but the confidence is still there.

“If you don’t want to be a champion, you’re not going to be,” Ryan said. “It’s safe to say no one’s going to be a champion if they’re going to be like, ‘Eh, maybe I’d like to’ or whatever. That has to be why you play the game because you do want to be the best. Certainly I want to be the best and I know everybody in this organization feels the same way I do.”

Of course, if the Jets delivered on the confidence this year, maybe they could change next year’s password to something a little harder for a hacker to get into.

Like, maybe “password.”
    A little odd, lol.

All League
    I think its safe to say they aren't concerned with the playbook getting out which Rex has indicated before. Even so I'm sure there will be a new password in place today.

All Pro
    I'm just curious how this came up in the first place. Was Costello trying to check his email and got locked out?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Belichick: "What's the combination to the playbook?"

Rex: "1-2-3-4-5"

Belichick: "That's amazing. I have the same combination on my luggage."

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    I think its safe to say they aren't concerned with the playbook getting out which Rex has indicated before. Even so I'm sure there will be a new password in place today.
    Agreed. Anyway, it's not like it's a binder, it's an iPad with tracking. If one goes missing, you wipe it remotely, no biggie.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Agreed. Anyway, it's not like it's a binder, it's an iPad with tracking. If one goes missing, you wipe it remotely, no biggie.
    Who is capable of such Wizardry?

srs. Can you really do that?

Hall Of Fame
    Whats the point of havingapassword if it becomes public

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Belichick: "What's the combination to the playbook?"

Rex: "1-2-3-4-5"

Belichick: "That's amazing. I have the same combination on my luggage."
    Media: "Belichick is just an absolute genius. To use something so obvious, he's outsmarted us all once again. Meanwhile, down in New York... Rex Ryan's Jets are still doing a head count on Antonio Cromartie's children."

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    I'm just curious how this came up in the first place. Was Costello trying to check his email and got locked out?
    It's a PR move. That was probably the password for all of the 5 minutes it took for that article to get retweeted 500 times. Mission accomplished, the new Jets show their bravado by being unafraid of opponents seeing their playbook, while also connecting the bravado brand to the history.