Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Patriots already trying to extend Revis

Report: Patriots already trying to extend Revis

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal..._darrelle.html

For the record, I don't believe it for a second. So I'm not jumping for joy. But it's been reported, so that's that.

He's healthy now, he'll be a stud again.

I stuck this in the Non Jets thread:

I thought BB would use Revis the way Rex did to maximize his talents. Sounds like he is going to use him like Oakland used Nnamdi and cover one side of the field. Who am I to argue with the genius that is Bellichek.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

"Darrelle Revis has lined up strictly at left corner through ten Patriots training camp practices, as opposed to moving around to cover No. 1 receivers.
    Rather than "Revis Island," beat writer Ben Volin describes Revis' usage as "Revis Hemisphere." He's always on the left side, with Kyle Arrington at slot corner and Brandon Browner at right cornerback."

Yeah I wonder who the "inside source" is on that one. Revis's agent?

Jets Insider VIP
    Lolz

With Sherman, Peterson and Haden's new deals...who believes for one second that Revis would take a deal averaging less than $15 million per?

I would love to see the Pats get the wildcard, and then Revis holds out until the Pats guarantee the second year of his deal.

He hasn't played a single snap for them and he's already establishing himself as a distraction. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    I would love to see the Pats get the wildcard, and then Revis holds out until the Pats guarantee the second year of his deal.
    If they called his bluff his playing days would probably be done.

why am I getting the sinking feeling that not signing him will be one of the biggest mistakes in franchise history?

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    If they called his bluff his playing days would probably be done.
    I know, it's a win win situation.

Just noticed that the initial source reported from a bleacher report site. Obviously friends enough with an intern at the Globe to make this a story. Sorry to all.

with our luck, all of a sudden Mevi$ will become a team player and take $12 mil per year

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    with our luck, all of a sudden Mevi$ will become a team player and take $12 mil per year
    And it will have been too little too late. LOLZ at this thread. This is gonna be so fun.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    And it will have been too little too late. LOLZ at this thread. This is gonna be so fun.
    All excellent points!!

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    All excellent points!!

Lol
    So much entertainment to look forward to, including Ol A-Hern's first Murder Trial starting in January!

Veteran
    Secretly you all wish him back. Don't deny it. I won't buy any excuse! BABY COME BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Secretly you all wish him back. Don't deny it. I won't buy any excuse! BABY COME BACK!
    No, actually that's not true at all. Are you a Seahawks fan or something BTW? You always refer to Jets fans as "you guys" much like a troll.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    So much entertainment to look forward to, including Ol A-Hern's first Murder Trial starting in January!
    So entertaining on all fronts! Great stuff!!

Is ol' A-Hern gonna be on TV too, on trial, with some blistering comments from Nancy Grace? Lol. I hope so!!

All League
    He is already extended for $20 mil next season