Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official ... I'm changing my tune thread ...,

All Pro

Official ... I'm changing my tune thread ...,

Hey guys,

I just got back from 3 days in Cortland. Prior to my visit I thought we'd go anywhere from 3-13 to 7-9.

After watching the practices ... I'm officially on the 10-6 side of the fence.

Speed is evident at every position. As impressed as I was with the DLine before ... Not that I see everyone moving around healthy .. This squad can definitely be a no. 1 defense.

Couple observations ....
    1. Decker, Nelson and ... He who shall not be named ... Looked like a definite upgrade. Could be a really nice squad. Decker just gets open ... A lot. Hill was actually catching balls with his hands ... Although he still sort of looks like a baby giraffe catching. Definitely progressing in the right direction.

2. CJ2K ... The days I was watching ... He looked sloppy ... Had three drops. Ivory may still be the no.1

3. Vick looks more physically solid than Geno ... Even though Geno put on some obvious muscle.

4. Winters looks great.

5. Coples looks like a linebacker now. Calvin P is a pretty big dude. Amaro is behind Sudfeld in a big way.

6. Taj will be relegated to the PS or released.

7. Westoff was prowling the sideline for some reason.

8. Cimini was on the sideline ... Nowhere near the other reporters. Weird.

Overall seemed like a really organized team. Idzik watched all the practices.

I am pumped ! Btw : took a ton of pictures ... Will post some tomorrow.

Veteran
    By the time the season starts this thread will be packed with others also changing their tune. I can't wait for this season to start

Practice Squad
    Your comments definitely brightened my outlook.

Glad to hear Winter has progressed and remains clearly ahead of the backups. Winter is a great physical talent but not a technician-good to hear him progressing.

About Hill, I always felt his biggest problem was weak core strength. You could see it when he flops around while being tackled. Hes still growing and word is that he's stronger this year. Though I fear that we really won't see him reach his potential until he stops growing and solidifies his body with more muscle--probably next year and beyond. But there should be a significant uptick in his production this year.

If Geno can make quick reads and get rid of the ball quickly, the jets will be a force to be reckoned with.

That to me is the only serious weak point. Everything else is average or above.

On several occasions last year, Geno looked like he knew what he wanted to do with the football. Other times he waited back there like he was waiting for something to happen. If we get more of the confident know where to go Geno, ten wins is a real reality.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He's talkin' bout practice.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Yes .. But I am comparing it to the prior 4 years of practice.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Hey guys,

I just got back from 3 days in Cortland. Prior to my visit I thought we'd go anywhere from 3-13 to 7-9.

After watching the practices ... I'm officially on the 10-6 side of the fence.

Speed is evident at every position. As impressed as I was with the DLine before ... Not that I see everyone moving around healthy .. This squad can definitely be a no. 1 defense.

Couple observations ....
    1. Decker, Nelson and ... He who shall not be named ... Looked like a definite upgrade. Could be a really nice squad. Decker just gets open ... A lot. Hill was actually catching balls with his hands ... Although he still sort of looks like a baby giraffe catching. Definitely progressing in the right direction.

2. CJ2K ... The days I was watching ... He looked sloppy ... Had three drops. Ivory may still be the no.1

3. Vick looks more physically solid than Geno ... Even though Geno put on some obvious muscle.

4. Winters looks great.

5. Coples looks like a linebacker now. Calvin P is a pretty big dude. Amaro is behind Sudfeld in a big way.

6. Taj will be relegated to the PS or released.

7. Westoff was prowling the sideline for some reason.

8. Cimini was on the sideline ... Nowhere near the other reporters. Weird.

Overall seemed like a really organized team. Idzik watched all the practices.

I am pumped ! Btw : took a ton of pictures ... Will post some tomorrow.
    I promise I'm not tryna troll here, but I'm curious to know what you thought of Geno seeing him in person....

All Pro
    Well you have to improve in practice before you can improve in the games...right?
    These guys he's talking about did not look good in practice last year.
    Dunnie is far from a optimist so you cannot discount his outlook.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I promise I'm not tryna troll here, but I'm curious to know what you thought of Geno seeing him in person....
    Lol, me too. Did he fix that fatal flaw in his throwing we could see in that pic posted here?

All Pro

Official ... I'm changing my tune thread ...,

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I thought he had much more spin on the ball on passes less than 20 yds. Really nice pop. His release is still somewhat elongated for my taste, his deep balls seems to float, but were accurately thrown. He looks physically bigger, but not as solid as Vick.

Definitely liked what I saw for the most part. His command is pretty impressive ... And I liked that I actually saw Vick fully on board with his support.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 08-05-2014 at 10:42 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Lol, me too. Did he fix that fatal flaw in his throwing we could see in that pic posted here?
    I think I have pictures that say no he didn't ... But it's more because he has almost a double jointed elbow .., his release reminds my of Cunningham a bit. Where his arm bends unnaturally ... But might be natural to him.

All Pro
    I thought he had much more spin on the ball on passes less than 20 yds. Really nice pop. His release is still somewhat elongated for my taste, his deep balls seems to float, but were accurately thrown. He looks physically bigger, but not as solid as Vick.

Definitely liked what I saw for the most part.
    Thanks for the honest assessment!

Rookie
    I think I have pictures that say no he didn't ...
    Nevermind!!

Hall Of Fame
    Guys guys please end this discussion

Youre not allowed to make judgements based on a few weeks of minicamp

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post

Bro... Minicamp is long gone... We're wrapping up Training Camp here. Preseason starts the day after tomorrow!

I'm afraid of what you're doing to those poor kids, but at least it's in Florida!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post

I didn't read any judgments here. I don't think you understand, and I don't think you ever will.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    I forget whose sig that pic is in, but every time I see it I cringe.

Rookie
    Very encouraging. Corresponds to the sense that Idzik has raised the talent level. We could still be 8-8, but the foundation is being built. Hopefully Rex can produce another season of over-achievement.

I'm still thinking 8-8 or 9-7, and that's not a knock against our team. Our schedule is absolutely brutal, but that can change once the season starts. However, I expect us to be more consistent and have less blow outs. Last year when the games were close we usually won, so that was an encouraging sign.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Bro... Minicamp is long gone... We're wrapping up Training Camp here. Preseason starts the day after tomorrow!

I'm afraid of what you're doing to those poor kids, but at least it's in Florida!

All League
    Westy said they were crisp