Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATL Hard Knocks

All League

ATL Hard Knocks

Did anybody watch??? Couple of things jumped out to me:

- Either Mike Smith is the most boring, non-inspirational coach in all of football
    or he was so aware of the cameras that he was scared to let his personality come out

- The absolute dumbness of their safety William Moore. Here he is a decent player
    with children and he's wasting his money on a PALM TREE in his living room and a
    closet full of Air Jordan sneakers!!! I'm sure he's not going to have money problems
    when he retires!!!

- Their whole team is trying way too hard to show that they're tough. To me either
    you are or you ain't, it came off really phony to the point where it seemed they were
    promoting fights. Fake tough guys get punked when things get challenging

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post

- Either Mike Smith is the most boring, non-inspirational coach in all of football
    or he was so aware of the cameras that he was scared to let his personality come out

- The absolute dumbness of their safety William Moore. Here he is a decent player
    with children and he's wasting his money on a PALM TREE in his living room and a
    closet full of Air Jordan sneakers!!! I'm sure he's not going to have money problems
    when he retires!!!

- Their whole team is trying way too hard to show that they're tough. To me either
    you are or you ain't, it came off really phony to the point where it seemed they were
    I didn't get to watch last night's episode, but I think keeping the circus in Cleveland would have been better TV.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

closet full of Air Jordan sneakers!!
    ! I'm sure he's not going to have money problems
    when he retires!!!

Hell Revis has 3,000 pairs.. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/8/4...n-movies-music

Hall Of Fame
    I caught it half way in. Bryan Cox was hysterical.

All Pro

when he retires!!!

I didn't catch it and don't need to...I hear all of this nonsense on local radio all day, every day. That team is soft and there's no ifs ands or buts about it.

Hall Of Fame
    Also is it just me or does Arthur Blank look like every villain from every movie in the 1920's?

All League
    The impression of the ST Coach was hilarious

Practice Squad
    Father-In-Law had a work thing in Atlanta last year and Mike Smith was a guest speaker. Mick thought Mike came across less than impressive....

Mike Tice really irked me for some reason. The sucking up to the owner and the whole tough guy act was hard to watch.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Mike Tice really irked me for some reason. The sucking up to the owner and the whole tough guy act was hard to watch.
    He got fat as hell and comes off as a world class dikbag

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    IMO, any credibility Mike Tice had as a coach, at any level, went out the window during his tenure with the Vikings.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 08-06-2014 at 12:03 PM.

All Pro

when he retires!!!

I really love the show, even with boring teams. Just so well done and great to get looks behind the curtain, so to speak.

I've always thought Mike Smith has a little bit of a diddler look to him, think it's his eyes. Please stops showing his nasty old man feet. Put on some socks, moron!

Also, cannot wait until I read that Moore has gone bankrupt. Some good clean schadenfreude right there.

Kroy Bierman has to be the biggest moron in the world to have knocked up and married that manly reality show trash, crazy.

Loved the first episode. Those training camp brawls are always one of the big things to look forward to with Hard Knocks. It was hilarious how that rookie linebacker got slapped silly by the LT but it seemed like it didn't even bother him. SLAP! SLAP! SLAP! Oh really? SLAP! SLAP! REALLY?!

- That Wide Receiver (Douglas) comes off pretty...female'ish...to put it mildly.
    - Don't understand why that DT (Jerry) retired just like that. But if his head isn't in it anymore then that's what he's gotta do. But it seems like something he'll probably regret in a few months.
    - Mike Smith comes off like a guy who doesn't have any passion. Really boring. He makes Mangini look passionate.
    - Osi Umenyiora is weird.

That scene where Peria Jerry was telling Smith he was retiring was really awkward. The guy was a 1st round pick in 2009 and it was like an exit interview with an HR person and they didn't know each other. Then at the end Smith sticks his hand out to say goodbye. I get the feeling if that was Rex they both would have been crying like babies. It was kinda obvious to me the guy really isn't connected to his players on a personal level. Small sample size but that is how I read it.

All Pro
    +1 I was really worried when he interviewed for the Jets head coaching job way back when.

All Pro

when he retires!!!

Didn't see the show but I am certain beyond a doubt that Mike Smith is the most boring man on planet Earth. Come on, with a name like "Mike Smith"???? If someone else was the coach of that team (hint hint hint) the Falcons would have a SB championship by now.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 08-06-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Have to laugh bcz the league really does try to have it both ways. After the Dolphins scandal all we heard about was NFL culture and how it needs to change and here is "Hard Knocks" promoting "toughening up" and fighting. The very first thing they show are two guys fighting.

Smith and Ryan are both boring. I can't stand Ryan's voice. Mike Tice is a supreme doosh.

All Pro
    Never liked mike smith either and I could easily see him gone after this season.

Im really looking forward to seeing how dimitroff is as a GM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post

Also, cannot wait until I read that Moore has gone bankrupt. Some good clean schadenfreude right there.
    Why? Why would you root for a football player to go bankrupt? Because he has a palm tree? That seems silly (especially when you consider that he didn't install the damn thing, he just liked it). I root for Ray Rice to go bankrupt because he beat his wife (even if she did start it), I root for rapists who play in the NFL to go bankrupt. I see no reason to root against a dude with a lot of sneakers and an indoor palm tree. I'm curious why it bothers you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Why? Why would you root for a football player to go bankrupt? Because he has a palm tree? That seems silly (especially when you consider that he didn't install the damn thing, he just liked it). I root for Ray Rice to go bankrupt because he beat his wife (even if she did start it), I root for rapists who play in the NFL to go bankrupt. I see no reason to root against a dude with a lot of sneakers and an indoor palm tree. I'm curious why it bothers you so much.
    +1

I don't get the hate for that guy just because he showed off his crib. Besides, he didn't buy or plant the palm tree, it was already there when he bought the house. And yes, that palm tree in the living room is pretty badass. I guess it's better to invest all that money in stocks and rent a ****ty apartment in the hood somewhere?