Thread: Coach's Club vs. Great Hall Club vs. Mez Club seats

All League

Coach's Club vs. Great Hall Club vs. Mez Club seats

I come up for a game once a year with some old friends. This year we're thinking it will be the Raiders game.

We only do one game a year so are willing to spend for good seats and good food, and we've done Coach's Club in the past ... but wouldn't mind a cheaper option. So, wondering what's the difference between the clubs, other than seat location (and getting to see Rex's presser, which we don't stay for anyway)? Any opinions on what's the best deal for the money?

(Was going to put this in the other seating threat, but figured it might get lost ... so apologies in advance for clogging up the board.)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    I come up for a game once a year with some old friends. This year we're thinking it will be the Raiders game.

We only do one game a year so are willing to spend for good seats and good food, and we've done Coach's Club in the past ... but wouldn't mind a cheaper option. So, wondering what's the difference between the clubs, other than seat location (and getting to see Rex's presser, which we don't stay for anyway)? Any opinions on what's the best deal for the money?

(Was going to put this in the other seating threat, but figured it might get lost ... so apologies in advance for clogging up the board.)
    Coaches club may be best, but very expensive. I'd go with Mez Club.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Coaches Club seems ridiculous to me. Unless you're really interested in getting an AYCE buffet, you might as well save that money and sit elsewhere. Of course, as you've sat there, you are in the best position to decide whether they were worth it.

I've never sat in the Great Hall Club, but the Mez Clubs are pretty nice. The food options are plentiful (from sushi to bbq to the standards), its a little less crowded than your non Club areas, although there are a good many people about during halftime, etc. and there are tables that you can sit down by and eat. BUT, you cannot see the game from the tables - a stupid flaw in design - so don't think that's an option.

Its a slighly more humane way to see the game and - perhaps more important - get access to the better Mezz seats. Its carpeted and has some TVs around, but still an open place buzzing with people. I try to get club seats when I take my wife and kids to the games as the extra space helps with the kids. Otherwise, its hardly a huge boon.

Some advice - if you are looking for Club seats not necessarily in one specific area, I would wait til the day before the game to get them. You'll probably get them at half the price you'd otherwise see them before the season. They simply don't hold their value.

Hall Of Fame
    Where is sar1 when you need him

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    Where is sar1 when you need him
    he'd probably recommend the 300's

All Pro
    IMO, best seats in the house are 50 yard line Mezzanine Club seats. Best view/sightlines of the field, wide comfortable seats, nice amenities and while not cheap, they aren't as bad as the Coaches/Great Hall Clubs.

I sat there last year for Jets/Bucs and bought similar seats for Jets/Lions this year.

All League
    Thanks Crash. Coaches Club IS indeed ridiculous. Since we only do a game a year, and are not going to be tailgating, it is really nice to have the spread of food, TVs, and be on field level to watch warm ups, etc. We always get there early enough that we eat a lot over the course of the pregame and game. But, it seems like all that is also available in the Great Hall Club (also called the 500 club I think). So I'll probably do that. I like your idea of waiting until day before the game though. I'm going to do that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Thanks Crash. Coaches Club IS indeed ridiculous. Since we only do a game a year, and are not going to be tailgating, it is really nice to have the spread of food, TVs, and be on field level to watch warm ups, etc. We always get there early enough that we eat a lot over the course of the pregame and game. But, it seems like all that is also available in the Great Hall Club (also called the 500 club I think). So I'll probably do that. I like your idea of waiting until day before the game though. I'm going to do that.
    If that's the case, maybe the CC is right for you. I didn't realize that the GHC has that as well. Just be sure to triple check that before you buy tickets. I never consider those seats so its very possible I've mis-remembered.

In the event you don't tailgate simply b/c you're from out of town and don't have the setup, consider hitting up Tailgate Joe's party. Its $35 or so and has a lot of options. I've been a couple of times and he does a great job. He starts early so you could still get in to the game early if you are so inclined.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If that's the case, maybe the CC is right for you. I didn't realize that the GHC has that as well. Just be sure to triple check that before you buy tickets. I never consider those seats so its very possible I've mis-remembered.

In the event you don't tailgate simply b/c you're from out of town and don't have the setup, consider hitting up Tailgate Joe's party. Its $35 or so and has a lot of options. I've been a couple of times and he does a great job. He starts early so you could still get in to the game early if you are so inclined.
    Tailgate Joe's, huh? That sounds good. I'll look it up.

Thanks again. You gonna be at the game? If so, enjoy it brother.

All League

All League
    Thanks Austin and Gas ... appreciate the tips.