Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we finally gonna use the whole god damn field?

All Pro

Are we finally gonna use the whole god damn field?

For years I've watched this offense let Belichick dictate to them & force a bunch of turnovers.
    I look at that Pats defense & I see a fat azz old Wilfork coming off an achilles tear, an older slower Mayo coming off a bicep tear, a young guy Jamie Collins still learning the LB position, I see an average secondary with Revis being the only real playmaker, they have one legit pass rusher in Chandler Jones, and Ninkovich whom BB schemes to be a pass rusher.

With the addition of Decker & CJ, Saunders & Amaro, Marty has plenty of ammunition & most importantly matchup disparities that clearly are in the Jets favor. We need to start coming out in some type of spread to get guys the ball in space vs this Pats team. Their secondary SUCKED at tackling when offensive players got to the second level.

Plus I feel they wouldn't be able to stop our run game if we spread them out due to their lack of speed on their Dline & would also open up HUGE LANES for Geno to step up through & run for 1st downs. I could see CJ having a field day in the passing game vs that defense.
    Nice to play with a lead for once & then force them to stop Ivorys physical runs.

Practice Squad
    I wanna see revis come up to tackle Ivory.

But the cheatriots still have Tom Brady so until they don't it will be a battle, make no mistake. He is as elite as they come and will always cause us headaches.

All Pro
    With CJ and Amaro here I believe so......you will see CJ flanked out a lot, All of our 3 TE's flanked out, Ivory and CJ in the backfield at the same time, etc.

The offense as a whole will be greater than it's parts this season, due to MM's creativity and the versatile players we have now(also due to the O still being a work in progress). I expect to see a lot of smoke and mirrors from MM as our young players continue to grow. A lot of funky formations will be used.

The question is, as it has been all offseason, can #7 take advantage?....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    For years I've watched this offense let Belichick dictate to them & force a bunch of turnovers.
    I look at that Pats defense & I see a fat azz old Wilfork coming off an achilles tear, an older slower Mayo coming off a bicep tear, a young guy Jamie Collins still learning the LB position, I see an average secondary with Revis being the only real playmaker, they have one legit pass rusher in Chandler Jones, and Ninkovich whom BB schemes to be a pass rusher.

With the addition of Decker & CJ, Saunders & Amaro, Marty has plenty of ammunition & most importantly matchup disparities that clearly are in the Jets favor. We need to start coming out in some type of spread to get guys the ball in space vs this Pats team. Their secondary SUCKED at tackling when offensive players got to the second level.

Plus I feel they wouldn't be able to stop our run game if we spread them out due to their lack of speed on their Dline & would also open up HUGE LANES for Geno to step up through & run for 1st downs. I could see CJ having a field day in the passing game vs that defense.
    Nice to play with a lead for once & then force them to stop Ivorys physical runs.

I'll give you Wilfork slowing down, but speed was never his game anyway. As for Mayo, he is under 30 and last I checked you don't run on your biceps. He will be fine. Adding Revis to an otherwise "average secondary" sounds just like the Jets of '09 and '10 and it worked pretty well for us. The Pats will be better than last year, and barring a Brady injury, will win their 13th AFC East (if my count is correct) during Brady's tenure.

Hall Of Fame

Well, they can't stop our run game either way, but that's all gonna make it even better!

All League
    We have to better against all opponents. That's when we will be improved. That being said, we should be better on both sides of the ball this season

Veteran
    I hate the patriots as much as anybody... but why is it that you think their young players are still transitioning and our rookies are going to step right in and bedazzle the Pats D.??

You mention Amaro as one of the weapons who has been very frustrating from what I have read..

And how come their vets coming off injuries are broken down and ours are healthy?

Someday the Jets will sweep the Pats again... don't see it in 2014
    Last edited by GetaLife; 08-07-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    I hate the patriots as much as anybody... but why is it that you think their young players are still transitioning and our rookies are going to step right in and bedazzle the Pats D.??

You mention Amaro as one of the weapons who has been very frustrating from what I have read..

And how come their vets coming off injuries are broken down and ours are healthy?

Because Belichiek sucks?

All Pro
    I don't know about the field but how bout that snack?

All League

Probably a split again

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Probably a split again
    If their refs determine half of their game outcomes again, then yes, most likely.

Can we stop acting like Belichick is great? Guy is wasting the greatest QB in the history of the game because he doesn't know how to coach anything else.

Rex has managed to win a bunch of games against him despite having pure trash at the QB position.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    If their refs determine half of their game outcomes again, then yes, most likely.
    You gotta beat the Pats/refs up in Dooshbagland!

One day we will go up north with a team that not even the refs can stop the ass-whooping we have for them

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    You gotta beat the Pats/refs up in Dooshbagland!

One day we will go up north with a team that not even the refs can stop the ass-whoop we have for them
    Yep! You have to win decisively.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    I'll give you Wilfork slowing down, but speed was never his game anyway. As for Mayo, he is under 30 and last I checked you don't run on your biceps. He will be fine. Adding Revis to an otherwise "average secondary" sounds just like the Jets of '09 and '10 and it worked pretty well for us. The Pats will be better than last year, and barring a Brady injury, will win their 13th AFC East (if my count is correct) during Brady's tenure.
    Wilfork was average n 2012. 2013 he was below average. He's done
    The only DT they have worth a damn is Siliga.

Mayo is just not built to be a 4-3 LB. He can cover okay, but can't stop the run.
    Hightower is the only player on the team that is a really good run stopper, and he can't cover worth a damn.
    They're just not a very good defense, and hiring a couple mercs to play CB is not going to make them one.
    Teams will just run away from Hightower, and throw over him.
    Belicheck may be the worst GM in the NFL, and doing that lousy job takes valuable time away from his coaching.
    I couldn't be happier that they never hired a qualified GM

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Wilfork was average n 2012. 2013 he was below average. He's done
    The only DT they have worth a damn is Siliga.

Mayo is just not built to be a 4-3 LB. He can cover okay, but can't stop the run.
    Hightower is the only player on the team that is a really good run stopper, and he can't cover worth a damn.
    They're just not a very good defense, and hiring a couple mercs to play CB is not going to make them one.
    Teams will just run away from Hightower, and throw over him.
    Belicheck may be the worst GM in the NFL, and doing that lousy job takes valuable time away from his coaching.
    I couldn't be happier that they never hired a qualified GM
    I know they're high on that Collins dude, but I don't know why they let Spikes walk. Only run stopping LB they had.

They can have MEvi$, I can't wait to unleash Ivory on them....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cablebob View Post
    I wanna see revis come up to tackle Ivory.

But the cheatriots still have Tom Brady so until they don't it will be a battle, make no mistake. He is as elite as they come and will always cause us headaches.
    I hear you about Brady. Also can't wait to see Ivory get to the outside & lower a shoulder into Mevis, hope he crumples his azz good!

All Pro

Their defense was lucky as hell last year. We have talked about the Jets only recovering 2 fumbles, well I think we forced 4 of them vs the Pats & only came up with one. How about Hills drop/ball kick that went right into the hands of a Pat DB? Everything eventually evens out in the NFL & that Pats D is as thin as paper. That's why they had to sign Mevis, their drafting has been atrocious.
    I see them getting worse as the year goes on & the injury bug sets in. No way in hell that Wilfork is a sideline to sideline player that he was just 2 short years ago.
    We need to stretch that D out wide & run up inside them, absolutely NO SPEED after your by Jones.

Banned
    Their defense was lucky as hell last year. We have talked about the Jets only recovering 2 fumbles, well I think we forced 4 of them vs the Pats & only came up with one. How about Hills drop/ball kick that went right into the hands of a Pat DB? Everything eventually evens out in the NFL & that Pats D is as thin as paper. That's why they had to sign Mevis, their drafting has been atrocious.
    I see them getting worse as the year goes on & the injury bug sets in. No way in hell that Wilfork is a sideline to sideline player that he was just 2 short years ago.
    We need to stretch that D out wide & run up inside them, absolutely NO SPEED after your by Jones.
    I wouldn't judge anything about the 2014 Patriots based on 2013, considering in 2013 huge swathes of its most important people were on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I wouldn't judge anything about the 2014 Patriots based on 2013, considering in 2013 huge swathes of its most important people were on IR.
    And they will again because they are weak. They are soft. They are old. They are in decline. They are demoralized. They are pathetic. They are sad. They are stupid. They smell bad. They have a poor grasp of the English language. They can't run, can't tackle, can't catch. They can't block, can't rush the QB, can't run the ball. They are miserable, and they'll be even more miserable once they run into the Green Wall.