Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 178

Thread: Where does the Patriots / Jets rivalry rank among rivalries in the NFL?

  1. #121
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Think he point is more football fans care more about Packers vs Bears than Jets vs Pats. Not who you give a crap about or why. Of course each fan base cares about their own natural rivalries more.
    The OP posed the question: Where does the Patriots / Jets rivalry rank among rivalries in the NFL?

    I stand by my comment.

  2. #122
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,553
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Unfortunately ESPN dictates the direction of our sports culture. The NFL Network also gives plenty of homage to the play. Thirty years from now, it will rank at or near the top of legendary embarrassing plays. What you care to believe is important is very different from what the average fan in Iowa is going to remember for decades because of what ESPN and NFLN prefer to show and hype.
    The play will long be forgotten in 30 years. When was the last time you saw wrong way Marshall or Garo trying to throw a pass?

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    The play will long be forgotten in 30 years. When was the last time you saw wrong way Marshall or Garo trying to throw a pass?
    Apples and oranges. Ever seen a gif of the Garo pass? How many people witnessed the wrong way Marshall play live compared to how many witnessed the Buttfumble live? Who knows whether the Buttfumble will be remembered in 30 years or not, but two plays from the relative dark ages of NFL mass media provide no useful basis of comparison.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Again talking about yourself??

    Show me where I denied there was not a Jets/Pats rivalry
    Show me where I said Rex or the Jets DON"T focus on the Pats
    Show me where I said Jets fans don't talk about the Pats??
    you really should pay attention more when you post. Nobody ever said you denied there was a rivalry, nobody said you denied that Rex and the Jets dont focus on the pats, and NOBODY said Jets fans dont talk about the pats...so all those questions you drummed up make no sense since none of that was ever discussed by me.

    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    My point is Pats and their fans are equally obsessed with the Jets which you are in denial about... And bringing up all these stupid points which have nothing to do with how the Pats and their fans are obsessed..
    i acknowledge the fans of both teams care, but the fact still remains the Pats dont care for the reasons you think, i have done read countless other posters also say its not a rivalry because the Jets arent that competitive right now with the Pats, that's JUST THE FACTS


    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Your argument is... .OOOH OOOH BUT YOU GUYS DO THIS!!! AND YOU GUYS DO THAT!!!... I mean why the "F" do you even post here if you have no rivalry with us?? Why are you defending it so much??

    And Keyboards do punch back.. Lets not pretend that "asteririsk" key hasn't hit you in the eye many times like it has BB and Tom Brady!!!

    GOOD DAY!!!
    i'm basically doing as you do..talk crap about the pats, i respond back and talk crap back. i'm not breaking any rules, and this forum is free to EVERYONE....so deal with it.

    and this is also a topic where everyone can give their opinion, i have done that so that explains my existence...let it burn, oh yeah and we are talking about PROFESSIONAL football. nobody cares about what your high school did.
    Last edited by just_the_facts; 08-10-2014 at 03:20 PM.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    The play will long be forgotten in 30 years. When was the last time you saw wrong way Marshall or Garo trying to throw a pass?


    it won't....they still show all of Leonard Lett's bone-head plays...a bone head play is a bone head play. Because of the net, that will forever been lived, you guys just dont like it because it happened to your team(understandable)..i'm sure if it was the pats, sigs all over this board would be full of the gif.

  6. #126
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by just_the_facts View Post



    i acknowledge the fans of both teams care, but the fact still remains the Pats dont care for the reasons you think, i have done read countless other posters also say its not a rivalry because the Jets arent that competitive right now with the Pats, that's JUST THE FACTS
    Uh, we beat the beyond fabulous Patriots with Geno at qb last time we met.. Pats care like any team cares about a hated rival.. or is this some sort of "special" type of care..

    Quote Originally Posted by just_the_facts View Post
    i'm basically doing as you do..talk crap about the pats, i respond back and talk crap back. i'm not breaking any rules, and this forum is free to EVERYONE....so deal with it.
    and?? Be happy your on a board where rivals are free to discuss.. it is much different then the Nazi operation over at patsfags where if you so much as criticise bb or Brady a little bit you are shunned..
    Quote Originally Posted by just_the_facts View Post
    and this is also a topic where everyone can give their opinion, i have done that so that explains my existence...let it burn, oh yeah and we are talking about PROFESSIONAL football. nobody cares about what your high school did.
    right.. and nobody cares about 18-0 but pats fans... they seem to never say 18-1.. just the facts...

  7. #127
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by just_the_facts View Post
    you really should pay attention more when you post. Nobody ever said you denied there was a rivalry, nobody said you denied that Rex and the Jets dont focus on the pats, and NOBODY said Jets fans dont talk about the pats...so all those questions you drummed up make no sense since none of that was ever discussed by me.



    i acknowledge the fans of both teams care, but the fact still remains the Pats dont care for the reasons you think, i have done read countless other posters also say its not a rivalry because the Jets arent that competitive right now with the Pats, that's JUST THE FACTS




    i'm basically doing as you do..talk crap about the pats, i respond back and talk crap back. i'm not breaking any rules, and this forum is free to EVERYONE....so deal with it.

    and this is also a topic where everyone can give their opinion, i have done that so that explains my existence...let it burn, oh yeah and we are talking about PROFESSIONAL football. nobody cares about what your high school did.
    I'm sure the Patriots organization, team, coaches, fan base and the rest of the NFL cared when the Jets knocked them out of the playoffs in 2010 - the last meaningful game played between the two.

  8. #128
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm sure the Patriots organization, team, coaches, fan base and the rest of the NFL cared when the Jets knocked them out of the playoffs in 2010 - the last meaningful game played between the two.
    Nah, didn't bother them a bit...

    They say the helmet catch hurt more... I dunno..

    I as a fan haven't experienced a sb loss.. but if it hurts more than any other playoff loss they must really be sick..

    But make no mistake about it..... that playoff loss crushed them... but I am sure our failure the following week started the healing process.. just like admittedly I feel better when the Pats are kod from the playoffs..

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Nah, didn't bother them a bit...

    They say the helmet catch hurt more... I dunno..

    I as a fan haven't experienced a sb loss.. but if it hurts more than any other playoff loss they must really be sick..

    But make no mistake about it..... that playoff loss crushed them... but I am sure our failure the following week started the healing process.. just like admittedly I feel better when the Pats are kod from the playoffs..
    Playoff losses are never fun, but for me the losses are worse when the stakes are higher and the Patriots are clearly the better team (on the field, not on paper).

    Thus, the worst playoff loss for me as a Patriots fan, by far, is the 2006 AFCC, Colts 38 Patriots 34. Patriots dominated the first half and did enough to be in a position to win in the 2nd half, but couldn't hold on. This denied the Pats a certain 4th SB title (against the overmatched Rex Grossman and company) and gave hated rival Peyton his first and only SB title.

    Jets and Giants losses are similar in that both teams outplayed the Patriots (so it didn't feel as bad as the Colts loss, where I left the game really feeling that the Patriots were the better team), but Giants losses were worse than the Jets loss because the stakes were higher.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Uh, we beat the beyond fabulous Patriots with Geno at qb last time we met.. Pats care like any team cares about a hated rival.. or is this some sort of "special" type of care.....

    yup you sure did, and how did you beat them, in OT with the ball on the 50 yard line and your field goal kicker never came close to making the field goal but THE RULE of special teamers not pushing the pile came into play and gave you guys another chance to get closer. a win is a win ,but I wouldn't hold my head up high on that one, you guys won a technicality of a rule which didn't even affect the 50 yard kick in any way..but a rule is a rule, so whatever.

    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    and?? Be happy your on a board where rivals are free to discuss.. it is much different then the Nazi operation over at patsfags where if you so much as criticise bb or Brady a little bit you are shunned..
    right.. and nobody cares about 18-0 but pats fans... they seem to never say 18-1.. just the facts...
    ahh I have nothing to do with any patriots board, if you can't stand how it's run over there, than don't go on there..i don't know what to tell you, i'm sure and I have read you jets fans post, you guys are no different than pats fans, i'm sure you like to think you are, but you are not!

    Whether it's 18-0 or 18-1...believe me no patriot or pats fans give a damn if you care or not. history has been made both good and bad, so your feelings; we PAY YOURS NO MIND!

    carry on!

  11. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm sure the Patriots organization, team, coaches, fan base and the rest of the NFL cared when the Jets knocked them out of the playoffs in 2010 - the last meaningful game played between the two.
    as I have said it before, i'm sure it did bother them, it's suppose to, its a playoff game never said it didn't, but was it more heart wrenching than a superbowl loss, NO it's not in anyway

    and as some other poster said the playoff game against the colts in 06 hurt more than the jets playoff of game; why because it was one game closer to the superbowl that year and they were up like 3 TDs on Manning and he came back.

  12. #132
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by just_the_facts View Post
    yup you sure did, and how did you beat them, in OT with the ball on the 50 yard line and your field goal kicker never came close to making the field goal but THE RULE of special teamers not pushing the pile came into play and gave you guys another chance to get closer. a win is a win ,but I wouldn't hold my head up high on that one, you guys won a technicality of a rule which didn't even affect the 50 yard kick in any way..but a rule is a rule, so whatever.
    Jesus do these phoney pats fan's vaginas ever stop itching over that?? and you got nooooooo breaks ever against the jets....did you hold your head up week 2...?? Edelman clearly fumbled.... hey a missed fg meant the game was still in ot... let's not pretend it was an automatic victory... you already had your hands on the ball in ot.. if you held your head up after victories over the saints and Browns then I don't need to hear anything else... bottom line the jets flat out beat them that day so to say they aren't competitive is absurd..

    Quote Originally Posted by just_the_facts View Post
    ahh I have nothing to do with any patriots board, if you can't stand how it's run over there, than don't go on there..i don't know what to tell you, i'm sure and I have read you jets fans post, you guys are no different than pats fans, i'm sure you like to think you are, but you are not!

    Whether it's 18-0 or 18-1...believe me no patriot or pats fans give a damn if you care or not. history has been made both good and bad, so your feelings; we PAY YOURS NO MIND!

    carry on!
    And my alumni cares about our successful wrestling team..

    So there..

    And I don't believe that you are not a board member on a pats fan board.. but ill sleep..

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by just_the_facts View Post
    it won't....they still show all of Leonard Lett's bone-head plays...a bone head play is a bone head play. Because of the net, that will forever been lived, you guys just dont like it because it happened to your team(understandable)..i'm sure if it was the pats, sigs all over this board would be full of the gif.
    The Leon Lett plays haven't seen the light of day in 10 years. They are mostly forgotten. And those were worse than the butt fumble and came on bigger stages in bigger games

  14. #134
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Playoff losses are never fun, but for me the losses are worse when the stakes are higher and the Patriots are clearly the better team (on the field, not on paper).

    Thus, the worst playoff loss for me as a Patriots fan, by far, is the 2006 AFCC, Colts 38 Patriots 34. Patriots dominated the first half and did enough to be in a position to win in the 2nd half, but couldn't hold on. This denied the Pats a certain 4th SB title (against the overmatched Rex Grossman and company) and gave hated rival Peyton his first and only SB title.

    Jets and Giants losses are similar in that both teams outplayed the Patriots (so it didn't feel as bad as the Colts loss, where I left the game really feeling that the Patriots were the better team), but Giants losses were worse than the Jets loss because the stakes were higher.
    that championship game loss had to be brutal.. I want to say at the time Manning still hadn't beat Brady(is that correct?) So he had that monkey on his back.... but true.. the Pats were running them out of the building.. I thought the fumbled td was a backbreaker.. for the Colts... the crowd was dead... it just all unravelled... that would have hurt...

    To me missing two field goals in under a minute with time running out hurt the most.. granted we probably would lose the next week.. but we had Pitt. Beat.

  15. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Jesus do these phoney pats fan's vaginas ever stop itching over that?? and you got nooooooo breaks ever against the jets....did you hold your head up week 2...?? Edelman clearly fumbled.... hey a missed fg meant the game was still in ot... let's not pretend it was an automatic victory... you already had your hands on the ball in ot.. if you held your head up after victories over the saints and Browns then I don't need to hear anything else... bottom line the jets flat out beat them that day so to say they aren't competitive is absurd....

    the maturity level of you kills me..lol and yet you talk about the pat fans,..."pats fans vaginas"??? really? anyways...I will always be able to hold my head up high cause the team I root for owns their division and out of n.j./n.y. the only team out of our division anyone cares about or sees as a threat is the pats, nobody pays any attention to teams like jets. They are forever calling the AFC a cake walk for the pats because teams like the jets existent in it...so have the 2010 playoff game, have last's years OT win over a b.s. rule..that means nothing, since 09 your team has done NOTHING, YOUR COACH HAS DONE NOTHING, before 09 your team been NOTHING!!! HA HA

    let is burn, come talk to me when your team at least wins a AFC title., in fact just try winning the division. ha ha

    a rivalry in sports is when there's wins back n forth and battles; there hasn' t been between those two franchises..

    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    And my alumni cares about our successful wrestling team..

    So there..

    And I don't believe that you are not a board member on a pats fan board.. but ill sleep..

    just a stupid statement...I wont comment on it any further.
    Last edited by just_the_facts; 08-11-2014 at 04:10 PM.

  16. #136
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portlandia, OR
    Posts
    1,122
    Pure hate makes any rivalry. You'd spit at them using your last breathe. At a Seahawks game, I watched a man grab a phone from an old woman with Steelers gear on smash it into several pieces before running away. That's hate. The guy who pissed on Modell's grave. That's hate.

  17. #137
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by just_the_facts View Post
    the maturity level of you kills me..lol and yet you talk about the pat fans,...pats fans vaginas??? really? anyways...I will always be able to hold my head up high cause the team I root for owns their division and out of n.j./n.y. the only team anyone cares about or sees as a threat is the pats, nobody pays any attention to the jets. They are forever calling the AFC a cake walk for the pats because your team existent in it...so have the 2010 playoff game, have last's years OT win over a b.s. rule..that means nothing, since 09 your team has done NOTHING, YOUR COACH HAS DONE NOTHING, before 09 your team been NOTHING!!! HA HA

    it is burn, come talk to me when you at least win a AFC title., in fact just try winning the division. ha ha

    so I will always be able to hold my head up high..your jets and a punchline to a joke! ha ha




    just a stupid statement...I wont comment on it any further.
    Gotcha.. jets are insignificant and the Pats are significant... yet you post on the insignificant jets board, and claim to not be a member of any of the significant pats board... Gotcha.. like I friggin don't know my team has been a laughing stock at times.. division titles look nice when modells has the fresh hats and shirts on the shelves ... but in regards to the Pats they are in the five dollar bargain bins by the end of January.. because NOBODY CARES UNLESS YOU WIN IT ALL!!

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by just_the_facts View Post
    the maturity level of you kills me..lol and yet you talk about the pat fans,...pats fans vaginas??? really? anyways...I will always be able to hold my head up high cause the team I root for owns their division and out of n.j./n.y. the only team anyone cares about or sees as a threat is the pats, nobody pays any attention to the jets. They are forever calling the AFC a cake walk for the pats because your team existent in it...so have the 2010 playoff game, have last's years OT win over a b.s. rule..that means nothing, since 09 your team has done NOTHING, YOUR COACH HAS DONE NOTHING, before 09 your team been NOTHING!!! HA HA

    it is burn, come talk to me when you at least win a AFC title., in fact just try winning the division. ha ha

    so I will always be able to hold my head up high..your jets and a punchline to a joke! ha ha




    just a stupid statement...I wont comment on it any further.
    Jets were the better team than the Patriots head-to-head last year. Pats could easily have been swept 2-0, FG rule or no FG rule. Jets have been the Patriots toughest AFCE competition for years and will be again this year.

  19. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by TimFuggerHOF View Post
    The Leon Lett plays haven't seen the light of day in 10 years. They are mostly forgotten. And those were worse than the butt fumble and came on bigger stages in bigger games
    I seen his bone head plays a few months back on NFL Network. Any time anyone brings up Leon Lett that comes to mind and as I said, with the internet the butt fumble will not die. you can deny or live in denial all you like, fact remains that play happened, and it will not be forgotten. It doesn't need to be talked about everyday, but it will still be remembered.

  20. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Jets were the better team than the Patriots head-to-head last year. Pats could easily have been swept 2-0, FG rule or no FG rule. Jets have been the Patriots toughest AFCE competition for years and will be again this year.
    how was the jets the better team, they split their two games. the pats went on to win the division and went to the playoffs, where did the Jets finish last year?

    and "the Jets are the pats toughest comp" but yet the only other team to win their division other than, has been the dolphins....just smh at the logic posters are trying to use..
    Last edited by just_the_facts; 08-11-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us