Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Where does the Patriots / Jets rivalry rank among rivalries in the NFL?

All Pro
    To answer the original question -- it's a good one but not one of the great ones. It's been a bit too one sided for that.

Pats/Broncos (or really any interation of Brady vs. Manning) probably isn't top dog anymore (Seahawks/49ers is) but it's close. Ravens/Steelers is still relevant. Packers/Bears is probably higher. NFC East has tons of great rivalries (Cowboys/Redskins, Giants/Eagles, Eagles Cowboys, etc.)... Jets/Pats is somewhere in that realm.

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    Gotcha.. jets are insignificant and the Pats are significant... yet you post on the insignificant jets board, and claim to not be a member of any of the significant pats board... Gotcha.. like I friggin don't know my team has been a laughing stock at times.. division titles look nice when modells has the fresh hats and shirts on the shelves ... but in regards to the Pats they are in the five dollar bargain bins by the end of January.. because NOBODY CARES UNLESS YOU WIN IT ALL!!
    I swear you either spend more time talking out your a** or talking in circles. it was already explained why i'm here, I answered the thread's question. all I did from there was make an observation on what you do as you try to claim only pats fans behave a certain way...simple as that and all you have done is talk in circles and get mad when I have to counter point any of your so-call argument. Oh yeah and add name calling to it as well.

and like I said, since nobody cares if you win it all...than your franchise is pretty damn irrelevant. we know where we are when all of the NFL talks about the teams who could possibly win a superbowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    To answer the original question -- it's a good one but not one of the great ones. It's been a bit too one sided for that.

apparently jet fans don't wanna hear this being said...but I guess the truth hurts.
    Last edited by just_the_facts; 08-11-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by just_the_facts View Post
    how was the jets the better team, they split their two games. the pats went on to win the division and went to the playoffs, where did the Jets finish last year?

and "the Jets are the pats toughest comp" but yet the only other team to win their division other than, has been the dolphins....just smh at the logic posters are trying to use..
    Uhh... you do realize that the poster you are disagreeing with is your teammate (or is that fanmate?) and not a Jets fan... just sayin'..

Not as old as Giants/Cowboys, Bears/Packers or Raiders/Chiefs but it's more heated currently. 49ers/Seahawks is the only either current rivalry that is as heated.

Quote Originally Posted by sfuria View Post
    Uhh... you do realize that the poster you are disagreeing with is your teammate (or is that fanmate?) and not a Jets fan... just sayin'..
    I guess he/she is an equal opportunity buffoon.

I have no idea where this rivalry lands in the NFL landscape but losing Superbowls was way worse than losing to you. You are building yourself up if you think otherwise. It's still a top loss in the Brady era, but it's not number one, my god.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I have no idea where this rivalry lands in the NFL landscape but losing Superbowls was way worse than losing to you. You are building yourself up if you think otherwise. It's still a top loss in the Brady era, but it's not number one, my god.
    Jets/Pats in the 2000's = Giants/Cowboys in the 1990's

It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    You are right... The Buttfumble game was really a bad football team(Jets) being overrun by a playoff bound team (Pats) and being humiliated... As if that never happened before...
    That game was a lot more than that.

I remember watching it over and over again and yet I still couldn't believe all the strange bounces that happened in such a short period of time. What was it, 3 scores in four total plays, all in less than a minute?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    The play will long be forgotten in 30 years. When was the last time you saw wrong way Marshall or Garo trying to throw a pass?
    We see those every year.

The Leon Lett ones are classics. Had he played longer he might have been able to put together his own top ten list of blunders.

how was the jets the better team, they split their two games. the pats went on to win the division and went to the playoffs, where did the Jets finish last year?

and "the Jets are the pats toughest comp" but yet the only other team to win their division other than, has been the dolphins....just smh at the logic posters are trying to use..
    I think the Dolphins have a better record vs Brady/Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I think the Dolphins have a better record vs Brady/Belichick.
    They don't. The Jets have won more games vs Brady/Beli than the fish.

It's amazing the level of obsession and jet rage this "just the facts" troll has for the Jets. Literally his entire existence seems to be more Jets hatred than Patriots fanhood. That's pretty much the whole lot of them their. They think the Patriots are some expansion team that began playing in 2001. 95% of them couldn't pick John Hannah out of a lineup. For all their cheating and phony titles...all they think and care about is the Jets. The entire New England area just stews in this New York hatred. It's more about us losing than them winning. Just look at their trollish behavior here. Red Sox fans are the same way with the Yankees and Bruins are the same way with the Habs.

Just for the record I post on my own and never have double accounts. I posted back in here on my own accord. Tired of being called out every time a new Pats troll comes aboard.

im dying laugh at the fact that i'm consider a troll...just cause these posters dont have any true facts to actually have an adult counter point i'm a troll now....lol god you guys are better than i expected. Dont get mad because you arent smart enough to debate....

a troll has nothing to say, just ruins threads, you guys need to spend time and realize i'm actually contribute to the thread, you guys are just butt-hurt cause i'm a pats fans letting you know sh*t you dont wanna hear, tough!

Quote Originally Posted by sfuria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I guess he/she is an equal opportunity buffoon.

you two need to pay attention more, i know who im debating with he is no fanmate/teammate whatever you wanna call it, he is a jet fan

nice try though.
    Last edited by just_the_facts; 08-12-2014 at 01:19 AM.

Since when is opinion fact??

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    That game was a lot more than that.

I remember watching it over and over again and yet I still couldn't believe all the strange bounces that happened in such a short period of time. What was it, 3 scores in four total plays, all in less than a minute?
    If I was a pats fan I would probably do the same... but you can't convince me that say a Texans fan did the same thing... or even cares about it..

I think the rivalry had its heyday from the time that Parcells went to the Jets to the day Mangini reported the spygate stuff. The rivalry is still strong but it's not of the tabloid levels it was during that 10 year stint.

Packers/Bears or Cowboys/Redskins are probably the top rivalries, they just haven't been compelling for a while now but those rivalries each sorta help define an era.

Well, I fvckin hate the Patriots* I can tell you that!

And I've developed a strong disgust for the Bruins in recent years too.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Where does the Patriots / Jets rivalry rank among rivalries in the NFL?

it won't....they still show all of Leonard Lett's bone-head plays...a bone head play is a bone head play. Because of the net, that will forever been lived, you guys just dont like it because it happened to your team(understandable)..i'm sure if it was the pats, sigs all over this board would be full of the gif.
    They hardly ever show Letts play. Can't remember seeing it in years. Showing it when they show a bunch of embarrassing plays is hardly what we're talking about here. It doesn't define a team, an era or a rivalry.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 08-12-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    They hardly ever show Letts play. Can't remember seeing it in years. Showing it when they show a bunch of embarrassing plays is hardly what we're talking about here. It doesn't define a team, an era or a rivalry.
    ok pay close attention to the words I use. I said I seen it, just because you didn't see it does not mean the network didn't play it. and yes we are talking about a rivalry (if you want to call it that) but go back through this thread and realize the "butt fumble" was mentioned hence why it has been talked about...and like any discussion, when other topics are brought up, the discussion tends to tail off to something else.

The butt fumble does not describe this so-call rivalry, but out of n.j./n.y. when "trash talking" goes on with fans and their teams....the "butt fumble" comes up, it's a blunder play and honestly does describe the JETS franchise to me, you have no damn success, countless coaching changes, QBs and no success. again because your a jet fan you never wanna to admit that. try stepping outside of the fandom and realize what is out there.

love how fans are way too bias for reality, "spygate" was in 07 and JET fans can't stop talking about it, the butt fumble happened two seasons ago and Jets fans wanna act like it was no big deal..ha ha yeah because QBs run into their own lineman's butt and fumble the football all the time...yeah that happens! (sarcasm)
    Last edited by just_the_facts; 08-12-2014 at 12:28 PM.