Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Where does the Patriots / Jets rivalry rank among rivalries in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Well, I fvckin hate the Patriots* I can tell you that!

And I've developed a strong disgust for the Bruins in recent years too.
    because of the girls in your sig, I want you to post ALL DAY LONG!!!THK YOU!

Seems like Patriots fans adore the butt fumble probably more than any other play their own franchise has made in the past 13 years they've know it's existed.

Quote Originally Posted by just_the_facts View Post
    because of the girls in your sig, I want you to post ALL DAY LONG!!!THK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by TimFuggerHOF View Post
    Seems like Patriots fans adore the butt fumble probably more than any other play their own franchise has made in the past 13 years they've know it's existed.
    And funny thing too, because they really had nothing to do with the self-inflicted blunder.
    You can always just ask whatever happened to Tyree tho.

I participate in other, non team specific forums and I can assure you every fan of every team enjoys the buttfumble. Pats fans more so for obvious reasons, but it is currently the franchise's signature moment.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 08-12-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I participate in other, non team specific forums and I can assure you every fan of every team enjoys the buttfumble. Pats fans more so for obvious reasons, but it is currently the franchise's signature moment.
    Which you had nothing to do with. Congratulations on Mark Sanchez's signature maneuver!

so do I...and I've never seen it mentioned much.

Word association to the average NFL fan:

Jets: Buttfumble
    Pats: Spygate

Just being fair.

Word association to the average NFL fan:

Jets: Buttfumble
    Pats: Spygate

Just being fair.
    I doubt that's true. And none of us can get into the heads of average NFL fans since we're all superfans. I'd wager that they associate the current face of each franchise with the team. For NE it's Brady, for the Jets it's Ryan

I doubt that's true. And none of us can get into the heads of average NFL fans since we're all superfans. I'd wager that they associate the current face of each franchise with the team. For NE it's Brady, for the Jets it's Ryan
    What do you think that association with Rex is to them?

All League
    How many forums do you troll? I mean "participate in"?

???

smh..

What do you think that association with Rex is to them?
    Rex is a polarizing figure, like his father...he's loved or hated with very little middle ground.

Rex is a polarizing figure, like his father...he's loved or hated with very little middle ground.
    That's not an answer. How do you think the rest of the NFL world views Rex? And before you get started, Belichick's behavior is impossible to defend. He is who he is. We have a couple of coaches whose words the media hangs on.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 08-12-2014 at 03:13 PM.

That's not an answer. How do you think the rest of the NFL world views Rex? And before you get started, Belichick's behavior is impossible to defend. He is who he is. We have a couple of coaches whose words the media hangs on.
    I would say...40% like him, 40% dislike him, 20% indifferent. I think he is respected league wide as a good defensive mind, his brashness gets on people's nerves, but he's not reviled like a Jerry Jones or Al Davis was.

Rookie
    I would say...40% like him, 40% dislike him, 20% indifferent. I think he is respected league wide as a good defensive mind, his brashness gets on people's nerves, but he's not reviled like a Jerry Jones or Al Davis was.
    I know this, last year when the Redskins were nearing the end of their season the fans there were all clamoring for Rex thinking he could be gone in NY. They hated Shanahan's insincerity and doghouse ways and manipulation and back-stabbing efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    I know this, last year when the Redskins were nearing the end of their season the fans there were all clamoring for Rex thinking he could be gone in NY. They hated Shanahan's insincerity and doghouse ways and manipulation and back-stabbing efforts.
    My Eagle fan friends that I went to college with like him as well.

All Pro
    I like him. Kinky SOB but different strokes fo' different folks. I think if he doesn't get the offense straightened out though he
    might not have much longevity. It's an offensive league except in the playoffs. The NHL is very similar. Offense wins the
    season, defense carries the playoffs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    I like him. Kinky SOB but different strokes fo' different folks. I think if he doesn't get the offense straightened out though he
    might not have much longevity. It's an offensive league except in the playoffs. The NHL is very similar. Offense wins the
    season, defense carries the playoffs.
    I'm not so sure about that. How many HC's have coached both sides of the ball? I believe a HC is getting his team prepared and be competitive, which Rex has done for the most part.
    Which brings me to his con's: keeping Schottenheimer, even if it wasn't his fault a change was necessary sooner and hiring Sporano. I think both could have to do with him being a rookie HC and didn't want to fire Schottenheimer. Hiring Sporano was just an epic fail so you hope he learned from his mistakes...