Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TOTJ Obliterates Gary Myers this morning. Great read.

All League

TOTJ Obliterates Gary Myers this morning. Great read.

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/08/sad...ia/#more-23116

A fantastic breakdown of a Jets hating douche that can't put together a coherent article at this point.

I didn't post the article because its a GREAT site that deserves more readers/clicks.

All Pro

Myers is such a buffoon! Good to read TOJ chew him up and spit him out!

#****MAINSTREAMMEDIA

Hall Of Fame
    TOTJ vs. Gary Myers:

Hall Of Fame
    very nice. i really don't read his articles anymore, they're mostly anti-jet stuff often disguised as insightful analyses like this piece.

last year, i think the board was split on who should start the season (until sanchez got hurt, then there was no more decision). this year, the only people who seem to want vick to start are the people who write about it for a living. does any jet fan here really want vick to start rather than geno?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    TOTJ vs. Gary Myers:

Big Mac attack lol

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

There is a shelf life for columnists. Even good ones (which Myers never was) reach a point where they just go through the motions and become so obvious that they are phoning their pieces in, I wonder why the hell their employers don't cut bait. Unfortunately for myers, he is too awkward to sustain a real TV gig which has become the natural evolution of other columnists who realize they don't have the energy or desire to keep writing.

Hall Of Fame
    The error made by TOTJ was agreeing with Myers that Idzik had a lot invested in Geno. People continue to act like Geno Smith was an early 1st round pick. He was a 2nd round pick, 39th overall who was a good value pick at that spot. If he develops into a solid starter the Jets got a tremendous steal where he was picked. If not he is easily dumped without ever having to invest too much into him.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The error made by TOTJ was agreeing with Myers that Idzik had a lot invested in Geno. People continue to act like Geno Smith was an early 1st round pick. He was a 2nd round pick, 39th overall who was a good value pick at that spot. If he develops into a solid starter the Jets got a tremendous steal where he was picked. If not he is easily dumped without ever having to invest too much into him.
    This is true. However, anyone rooting for a 34 year old broken down Vick to be our starter is just oblivious. Geno is the future and unless he turns into a complete clusterf*ck, he will be our starter.

Watching Vick scramble yesterday and forego the sideline to cut to the center of the field was a wake up call. Vick is by all measures a fantastic teammate and an incredibly high quality backup QB. But his playing style will never allow him to complete a 16 game season. He takes too many hits. If the Jets groomed him as the starter Geno's development as far as practice snaps would suffer. I was a Vick supporter in the offseason but watching the Colts game plus camp reports of Smith having made major strides has changed my mind.

Talking Geno will be ok.... Vick is for the writers to write about

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    very nice. i really don't read his articles anymore, they're mostly anti-jet stuff often disguised as insightful analyses like this piece.

last year, i think the board was split on who should start the season (until sanchez got hurt, then there was no more decision). this year, the only people who seem to want vick to start are the people who write about it for a living. does any jet fan here really want vick to start rather than geno?
    .. No, I hope not. Vick is a shadow of what he was years ago. Still can show flashes.... but he was brought here to be a back-up. Geno should improve a lot this year; though I'm still concerned that we made mistakes in our WR draftees, and by not signing, Rodgers-Cromartie.

Hall Of Fame
    Mike's own words :

But it’s the wrong lefthander! If only the Jets listened to me eight years ago and drafted Leinart, we wouldn’t be having these controversies!
    Love the sarcasm.

(....ummm...It is Sarcasm, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    This is true. However, anyone rooting for a 34 year old broken down Vick to be our starter is just oblivious. Geno is the future and unless he turns into a complete clusterf*ck, he will be our starter.
    Not that I disagree but....

Rooting has really nothing to do with it, Geno must improve by leaps and bounds or we should get to see what Vick has left. Many years has broken us ole timers down and I don't have the green colored glasses any more. I'm at the point , it is what it is , let's win now
    I know it was ESPN but it does have some merit:

ESPN.com poll ranks NY Jets QB Geno Smith as worst in the NFL
    The website asked 26 league insiders (eight general managers, two former GMs, four pro personnel evaluators, seven coordinators, two head coaches, two position coaches and to executive) to rank the quarterbacks on a 1-5 scale (5 being the best). ESPN not only ranked the QBs 1-32, but also used a four-tier system, four being the worst.
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS STAFF Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 8:59 PM A A A

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    No it shouldn't be that way. He has to be better than 'not just a clusterfu*ck.' If he does not make substantial progress this year we should new looking for a new QB next year. He doesn't have to be a pro bowler but most really good QB's give you an indication early that they can get there. I'm tired of just hoping our QB is not a total screw up and accept that. Geno should start but if he fails hard I would not be the least bit unhappy vick took over. You don't have to deep six a season on principle just to support a dubious QB. We have already done that with sanchez.

Rookie
    No it shouldn't be that way. He has to be better than 'not just a clusterfu*ck.' If he does not make substantial progress this year we should new looking for a new QB next year. He doesn't have to be a pro bowler but most really good QB's give you an indication early that they can get there. I'm tired of just hoping our QB is not a total screw up and accept that. Geno should start but if he fails hard I would not be the least bit unhappy vick took over. You don't have to deep six a season on principle just to support a dubious QB. We have already done that with sanchez.
    If you look at his statement in terms of just this year it makes perfect sense. Let's see what happens THIS year without bringing up how tired and hurt we are, and what might be next year

Hopefully nothing serious happens to Geno THIS year. IF something minor happens, Vick is the perfect guy to come in off the bench and do damage. That's a role that prolly fits Vick best at this point

Edit: And, OMG, Gary Myers is horrendous. Dude's been making me ill for decades, lol
    Last edited by JohnJ; 08-08-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Meh. What's the big deal with the article? Mike Vick DOES imo give the Jets the best chance to win this season. He's the most experienced QB on the roster. If given an equal amount of snaps, I'm sure Vick would win the starting gig. Geno can earn and take over the starting spot when he has shown he is worthy and playing well enough. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in football right now and he earned the opportunity to start from the bench, preseason play, practice, etc. Why can't Geno do the same? The players and fans would actually respect Geno more if he did earn his stripes.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Meh. What's the big deal with the article? Mike Vick DOES imo give the Jets the best chance to win this season. He's the most experienced QB on the roster. If given an equal amount of snaps, I'm sure Vick would win the starting gig. Geno can earn and take over the starting spot when he has shown he is worthy and playing well enough. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in football right now and he earned the opportunity to start from the bench, preseason play, practice, etc. Why can't Geno do the same? The players and fans would actually respect Geno more if he did earn his stripes.
    When you draft Rodgers and Farve is still helping you compete for a title that's great. Idzik drafted Geno, in the second round, because it was obvious they needed help there ASAP. I bet Idzik couldn't wait to get rid of Sanchez.

This whole thing that Vick is automatically gonna play like he used too is misguided, imo. He's taken too many hits, and really, he's a running QB that really never was a great pocket passer. I'm not convinced that Geno isn't the better pocket passer right now, this year.

All League
    We passed on Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, and Jimmy Garappolo because we think Geno is our future.

If things break right, we'll never think twice about the move. But if one of them lights it up (and Geno doesn't), that "value investment" will have had MAJOR consequences . . .

All Pro
    If he continues to improve at all you need to keep throwing him to the fire
    Vick is not winning us a SB so we need to know what Geno is now...this year
    so that we know what must be done next year.

Why is that so hard to understand?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    If you read the Gary Myers article, and not only found it intelligible or rational, but agree with it, you are beyond help.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    When you draft Rodgers and Farve is still helping you compete for a title that's great. Idzik drafted Geno, in the second round, because it was obvious they needed help there ASAP. I bet Idzik couldn't wait to get rid of Sanchez.

This whole thing that Vick is automatically gonna play like he used too is misguided, imo. He's taken too many hits, and really, he's a running QB that really never was a great pocket passer. I'm not convinced that Geno isn't the better pocket passer right now, this year.
    Mike Vick had the best numbers of his career playing under Marty. With that said, we can argue this all day and it wouldn't matter. The JETS have made their decision that Geno will have an unfair advantage toward winning the starting gig. Take it for what it's worth.