Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: giant inflatable jet?

Undrafted Free Agent

giant inflatable jet?

been going since shea
    right now i have 2 coaches club and 4 corner goal line seats
    the giant inflatable jet as seen last night and the launch team where they "launch" 3 dollar t shirts do not enhance the game day experience-hope that was a one time thing for " kids night"

seems like this year they are trying all gimmicky things to try and sell their product-see reward card as another ...-also could not figure out why a reward card did not help on any purchases at the jets store and they said they did not need or want to see them...

just put a good team on the field-if you want to reward fans or improve the game day experience maybe not charge $12 for a luke warm flat beer

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmkmnj View Post
    been going since shea
    right now i have 2 coaches club and 4 corner goal line seats
    the giant inflatable jet as seen last night and the launch team where they "launch" 3 dollar t shirts do not enhance the game day experience-hope that was a one time thing for " kids night"

seems like this year they are trying all gimmicky things to try and sell their product-see reward card as another ...-also could not figure out why a reward card did not help on any purchases at the jets store and they said they did not need or want to see them...

just put a good team on the field-if you want to reward fans or improve the game day experience maybe not charge $12 for a luke warm flat beer
    Welcome to Philly North, they are copying what Lurie did in the beginning hopefully the winning will be copied also.

Practice Squad
    For Those Who Weren't There
    Giant Inflatable Jet.jpg

All Pro
    Can't you say a huge jet.
    That's like being a Giant Jet fan.

Rookie
    Maybe it's just me, but I think in the last 48 hrs this board has a new record for complaining about irrational things. From complaining about kids night, to the inflatable jet, to deeming Patterson useless and saying we need to scour the cb waiver wire, to declaring our d will never improve bc our offense doesn't challenge them in practice.....relax people please!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I think in the last 48 hrs this board has a new record for complaining about irrational things. From complaining about kids night, to the inflatable jet, to deeming Patterson useless and saying we need to scour the cb waiver wire, to declaring our d will never improve bc our offense doesn't challenge them in practice.....relax people please!
    You forgot about Chris Johnson head tick

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

All League

giant inflatable jet?

What's wrong with the inflatable jet? The Jets have ignored their namesake for so long it's almost lost its meaning. We don't have ANYTHING on our uniforms to signify aviation or speed, nothing in the stadium or sound effects wise the way Cinci has the jungle montage or the Patriots have the musketmen.

The Jets team has become so disassociated with actual aeronautical jets that I always have to think twice when we have silly names for our corollary departments, like The Flight Crew. Always takes me a second, "Ohhhh yeah that's right, Jets, like planes."

That should never happen.

Yeah the inflatable F-22 isn't perfect, but it's a good start. I'm not so sure why this team is so seemingly ashamed of its name sometimes.
    Last edited by Astoria; 08-08-2014 at 11:23 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    What's wrong with the inflatable jet? The Jets have ignored their namesake for so long it's almost lost its meaning. We don't have ANYTHING on our uniforms to signify aviation or speed, nothing in the stadium or sound effects wise the way Cinci has the jungle montage or the Patriots have the musketmen.

The Jets team has become so disassociated with actual aeronautical jets that I always have to think twice when we have silly names for our corollary departments, like The Flight Crew. Always takes me a second, "Ohhhh yeah that's right, Jets, like planes."

Yeah the inflatable F-22 isn't perfect, but it's a good start. I'm not so sure why this team is so seemingly ashamed of its name sometimes.
    +1 - it's better than someone dressed up as a jet, after all

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan29 View Post
    For Those Who Weren't There
    Giant Inflatable Jet.jpg
    They had this in Cortland for the green/white scrimmage.... as well as t shirts being shot to a shirt thirsty mob..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post

That looks like...

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Not cool?
    Thats about the coolest thing ive seen in some time. Brass fittings, what appears to be a baked enamel finish, Jets logo...cylindrical plexiglass silencer....

BTW, r beers really 12$?
    Last edited by sdJETSetter; 08-09-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Not cool?
    Thats about the coolest thing ive seen in some time. Brass fittings, what appears to be a baked enamel finish, Jets logo...cylindrical plexiglass silencer....

BTW, r beers really 12$?
    Beers are 12 bucks and appear downsized....Yankee Stadium beers are a better buy.....unbelievably.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan29 View Post
    Beers are 12 bucks and appear downsized....Yankee Stadium beers are a better buy.....unbelievably.
    Yankee Stadium has 81 games to make money.
    Jets only have 8 games.

It's understandable that beer would cost more.

Hall Of Fame
    It's like it's ingrained into our DNA to complain about the littlest things.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    It's like it's ingrained into our DNA to complain about the littlest things.
    Beer being 12 bucks????? GFY!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Beer being 12 bucks????? GFY!!!!
    I'm talking about the inflatable jet. Regardless, I don't feel like talking to people who can't converse in a civil manner. Ignored.

bring back fireman ed

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post

it blocks the view point of players coming out of the tunnel for many which some like to get pumped up for the game-it also just looks like cheap crap something-they had no idea how to set it up or take it down-also I give it 1-2 games before some idiot climbs out on to it

Veteran
    Bad sports promotions are the American way. From 10 Cent Beer Night to Disco Demolition. They've tried
    things like this in Philly but fans rip the blowups into pieces.