Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR driver Tony Stewart runs over, kills other driver on track

Jets Insider VIP

NASCAR driver Tony Stewart runs over, kills other driver on track

Crazy!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...park/13855401/

A race car driver was killed Saturday night after he was struck on the track by NASCAR star Tony Stewart, according to Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip C. Povero.

During a sprint car race at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park, driver Kevin Ward Jr. was spun out by Stewart, got out of his car to show his displeasure and then was struck by Stewart's car, sending Ward sliding down the track, fellow sprint car racer Tyler Graves and witness Adam Dulski told USA TODAY Sports.

Povero confirmed the driver was taken by ambulance to Thompson Health and was pronounced dead on arrival....
    Video of incident...

Last edited by jetstream23; 08-10-2014 at 04:11 AM.

Well that's about as natural selection as it comes. What an idiot.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Well that's about as natural selection as it comes. What an idiot.
    Yes, but man it looks like Stewart turned into him purposely. Whoa

Hall Of Fame
    Looks like he was walking towards Stewart's car. Dark, dirt track + poor-handling vehicles + enraged redneck storming into traffic = suicide.

RIP but I agree that there is some Darwinism at play here. Wouldn't be surprised if Stewart was trying to scare him or something but getting out of the car was crazy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Stewart was trying to scare him or something but getting out of the car was crazy.
    Dumb 20 year old, emotional kid certainly paid for his decision.

Stewart's rep. makes this all the more sinister. Dont think they will ever be able to prove it one way or another, but I bet other drivers who know Stewart have a gut feeling of whether that little kick of his car was intentional or not.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Yes, but man it looks like Stewart turned into him purposely. Whoa
    TS swerved to the right, wouldn't you swerve to the left 32, if you were trying to avoid him?

Its very hard to say from that video if he swerved right on purpose. It looks like when he hit hit, the guys impactcaused the car to slightly swerve right. I dunno.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm not a nascar fan but I read earlier that the car in front of Stewart swerved to avoid another car and apparently Stewart swerved to avoid them. This was right around a turn and I'm sure Stewart was looking to his left and wasn't thinking about the guy running out on the track and likely never saw him until it was too late. Racing in inherently dangerous and running out onto the track wasn't a good idea.

RIP

Hall Of Fame
    "...got out of his car to show his displeasure ...."

Message received.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I'm not a nascar fan but I read earlier that the car in front of Stewart swerved to avoid another car and apparently Stewart swerved to avoid them. This was right around a turn and I'm sure Stewart was looking to his left and wasn't thinking about the guy running out on the track and likely never saw him until it was too late. Racing in inherently dangerous and running out onto the track wasn't a good idea.

RIP
    The other divers didn't seem to have a problem avoiding him, how is it that Stewart ended up being the one that ran him over?

Trying to find another video angle with no luck. Hard to tell from this. There has got to be another tape

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    The other divers didn't seem to have a problem avoiding him, how is it that Stewart ended up being the one that ran him over?
    Because Stewart doesn't play games

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah, this is a combination of stupidity and vehicular homicide.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Because he was looking for and approaching Stewart's car specifically as it came around the track.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Looks like he was walking towards Stewart's car. Dark, dirt track + poor-handling vehicles + enraged redneck storming into traffic = suicide.

RIP but I agree that there is some Darwinism at play here. Wouldn't be surprised if Stewart was trying to scare him or something but getting out of the car was crazy.
    Looks like Stewart was trying to scare him and ended up hitting him.

This is like catching manning playing football with teenage hs teams on saturdays.

Why would a top driver be caught dead in one of those little cars at some local event

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    This is like catching manning playing football with teenage hs teams on saturdays.

Why would a top driver be caught dead in one of those little cars at some local event
    Poor word choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Poor word choice.
    He lives in Florida... Cut him a brake huh?

All Pro

NASCAR driver Tony Stewart runs over, kills other driver on track

Not saying Stewart is guilty or not, but the moron never should have gotten out of the car, let alone taunt another driver while cars are whizzing by him at high speeds.
    Last edited by RageATL; 08-10-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Big Gordon fan for years. But I'm pretty sure I just became a Stewart fan.