Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR driver Tony Stewart runs over, kills other driver on track

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    C'mon. Mud is the new catch phrase.

It just started yesterday. Hashtag mud.

Mud mud mud.

I read it online today. Lolz...
    Better stop calling people Mudskin you bigots!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Nyuk.

Stop beating a dead crazy horse, honky

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    But if you wanna keep stalking me...at least lick my taint like you usually do...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Who the **** is Tony Stewart?
    Related to Jimmy. Friend of Tony Sparano.

Try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Pontifi-fish is pontificating.

Just stop. Please.

Mud.
    Since it's you who asked, I will.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's not like Stewart did victory doughnuts over the corpse. Geezus let it go. Get out the car on a racetrack at night in a black suit expect tea with Jesus shortly.

Ain't nothing happening to Stewart. It's being investigated as an accident and even if some clown Sheriff wanted to press charges like Man II it would not be a viable conviction.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

My son and I saw Tony Stewart and the kid Ward race together at Fonda racetrack about an hour north of Saratoga last August. Stewart races a ton of backwoods redneck dirt tracks despite his standing as a top NASCAR driver. Here's what I think happened.

Stewart pulls a racing move, kid ends up in the wall. Kid is pissed but also sees an opportunity to make a name for himself with the local yahoos and regional one-tooth racing community by confronting Stewart on the track in a grand youtube moment. Stewart sees the kid gesturing, and definitely guns it with the intent to send the kid a message, but of course not hit him. I think the kid had it in his head that he was going to be able to pull a Tiananmen Square man vs. tank moment and make Stewart stop, but the timing wasn't there and he couldn't get his ass out of the way in time.

As far as steering dirt sprint cars with the throttle, that's true at racing speeds, but not at 40 mph. I really think they each made a foolish move at exactly the same split second -- Ward taking a step in going all "stop right there" at the exact moment Stewart tries to buzz (but not hit) the kid.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    My son and I saw Tony Stewart and the kid Ward race together at Fonda racetrack about an hour north of Saratoga last August. Stewart races a ton of backwoods redneck dirt tracks despite his standing as a top NASCAR driver. Here's what I think happened.

Stewart pulls a racing move, kid ends up in the wall. Kid is pissed but also sees an opportunity to make a name for himself with the local yahoos and regional one-tooth racing community by confronting Stewart on the track in a grand youtube moment. Stewart sees the kid gesturing, and definitely guns it with the intent to send the kid a message, but of course not hit him. I think the kid had it in his head that he was going to be able to pull a Tiananmen Square man vs. tank moment and make Stewart stop, but the timing wasn't there and he couldn't get his ass out of the way in time.

As far as steering dirt sprint cars with the throttle, that's true at racing speeds, but not at 40 mph. I really think they each made a foolish move at exactly the same split second -- Ward taking a step in going all "stop right there" at the exact moment Stewart tries to buzz (but not hit) the kid.
    As someone who has been to one race track in his life (and spent most of that time drinking heavily), doesn't know much about dirt track racing or racing in general (other than that Jeff Gordon is a pvssy) and hasn't bothered to watch the video more than once, this what I think happened.

All League

Finally, someone with some logic. The race was under caution, they were steering with their wheels at that time.

Also, looks like the accident was across the race track from the camera operator. Therefore, any sounds you hear are likely from the immediate vicinity of the cameraman. The revving engine sound is probably from a car that passed in front of the viewing stands, just below and out of the camera view.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

+1

My take precisely. Thanks for your interrupting your summer of you to add that, I don't buy the throttle-steer angle one bit.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    It's not like Stewart did victory doughnuts over the corpse. Geezus let it go. Get out the car on a racetrack at night in a black suit expect tea with Jesus shortly.
    LOLOLOL!!!! Great stuff!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Don't think I haven't noticed the Jeff Gordon insults since my first post in this thread.

don't think you have correct setting here...Ward and Stewart had previous run ins...bad blood...seems Ward got the best of Stewart in previous races...also one of the other drivers said he could see Ward clearly while he was on the track...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Don't think I haven't noticed the Jeff Gordon insults since my first post in this thread.
    GORDON.jpg

Jets Insider VIP
    Little known fact. I own that jacket

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Why the fock couldn't they build that damn track on S.I. Woulda been epic seeing all teh goombas interacting with the hordes of hillbillies swarming over the Goethals.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why the fock couldn't they build that damn track on S.I. Woulda been epic seeing all teh goombas interacting with the hordes of hillbillies swarming over the Goethals.
    Just had this conversation in the store. It's hilarious that Italians are so fond of nascar I thought it was just me. Must be the Ferrari Lamborghini blood. I was shocked when this old guy vito goes They all cant hold a candle to Earnhardt the Father not that putzy kid of his, I like that jimmy boy johnson now

Jets Insider VIP
    nothing could outdo the rabbit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    nothing could outdo the rabbit.
    U wanna bet on that?