Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 225

Thread: NASCAR driver Tony Stewart runs over, kills other driver on track

  1. #121
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,969
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    don't think you have correct setting here...Ward and Stewart had previous run ins...bad blood...seems Ward got the best of Stewart in previous races...also one of the other drivers said he could see Ward clearly while he was on the track...
    It looked intentional to me. But I would be shocked if they charged him criminally. How do you prove it wasn't an accident? Probably won't stop a civil suit, however, where the burden of proof is much lower.

  2. #122
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    10,551
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    It looked intentional to me. But I would be shocked if they charged him criminally. How do you prove it wasn't an accident? Probably won't stop a civil suit, however, where the burden of proof is much lower.
    What burden of proof? The moron got out of a car on a racetrack and walked in between racing cars to talk ****. If anything the case should be against him he's a danger to himself...oops to late

  3. #123
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    6,969
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    What burden of proof? The moron got out of a car on a racetrack and walked in between racing cars to talk ****. If anything the case should be against him he's a danger to himself...oops to late
    I didn't say that his family would win. Just that I expect to see it. And there is a doctrine called comparative negligence that says that even if the Jury found the kid 80% responsible, theoretically, they could still recover.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    What burden of proof? The moron got out of a car on a racetrack and walked in between racing cars to talk ****. If anything the case should be against him he's a danger to himself...oops to late
    you see the irony...Ward was acting like Stewart...

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Finally, someone with some logic. The race was under caution, they were steering with their wheels at that time.

    Also, looks like the accident was across the race track from the camera operator. Therefore, any sounds you hear are likely from the immediate vicinity of the cameraman. The revving engine sound is probably from a car that passed in front of the viewing stands, just below and out of the camera view.
    I thought the same thing but after further investigation i am off this logic.

    If your car is on dirt at 40 mph and you gun the gas, the rear wheels will slip and sometimes youll fishtail to one side.

    All i need is to hear from other dirt trackers to confirm this and im certain he tried to scare the dude.

    The timing and length of the rev is uncanny....it is at the perfect time

  6. #126
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    10,551
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    I didn't say that his family would win. Just that I expect to see it. And there is a doctrine called comparative negligence that says that even if the Jury found the kid 80% responsible, theoretically, they could still recover.
    Yes I see your point. Well said

  7. #127
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    10,551
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    you see the irony...Ward was acting like Stewart...
    Listen in a perfect world Stewart has to run through daytona 500 traffic 10 times in a weighed down suit say 100 pounds after every caution for penance. Sadly this wont happen

  8. #128
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,680
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    I thought the same thing but after further investigation i am off this logic.

    If your car is on dirt at 40 mph and you gun the gas, the rear wheels will slip and sometimes youll fishtail to one side.

    All i need is to hear from other dirt trackers to confirm this and im certain he tried to scare the dude.

    The timing and length of the rev is uncanny....it is at the perfect time
    Just the fact that you say it's perfect timing, and it's on the other side of the track means it COULDN"T be from Stewarts car. Sound takes noticeable time to travel. Even at 300 feet away, you're a quarter second behind.

  9. #129
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Just the fact that you say it's perfect timing, and it's on the other side of the track means it COULDN"T be from Stewarts car. Sound takes noticeable time to travel. Even at 300 feet away, you're a quarter second behind.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Just the fact that you say it's perfect timing, and it's on the other side of the track means it COULDN"T be from Stewarts car. Sound takes noticeable time to travel. Even at 300 feet away, you're a quarter second behind.
    OOOOOOOOOPS!!! There goes all your little murder theories! Shot to sheeit!

  11. #131
    Just another case of 'Sooner or later this will happen' coming to fruition. Guys have walked on tracks before, thrown helmets, done all sorts of stuff while races are going on. Strict rules should have been in place that the only thing you can do once you get out of your car if it is in a hazard area is to get off the track and too safety immediately. Any lingering is met with very stiff penalties.

  12. #132
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Looks like Stewart was trying to scare him and ended up hitting him.
    That's exactly it. Stewart is not going to run anyone over, this is a simple, but tragic, case of TS playing a bit of, ok you want to get out, I am going to buzz the tower, so to speak, and with that Tony hit the gas and because he was in a turn the back end kicked out. I am sure TS did not intentionally hit him but his actions of not taking the high road and moving down the track have caused the death of a young driver, for that Stewert is guilty and will surely pay in court. Give it time, he will be brought up and at a minimum the family will take home a payday.

  13. #133
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,929
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    That's exactly it. Stewart is not going to run anyone over, this is a simple, but tragic, case of TS playing a bit of, ok you want to get out, I am going to buzz the tower, so to speak, and with that Tony hit the gas and because he was in a turn the back end kicked out. I am sure TS did not intentionally hit him but his actions of not taking the high road and moving down the track have caused the death of a young driver, for that Stewert is guilty and will surely pay in court. Give it time, he will be brought up and at a minimum the family will take home a payday.
    What about #45?

  14. #134
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Just the fact that you say it's perfect timing, and it's on the other side of the track means it COULDN"T be from Stewarts car. Sound takes noticeable time to travel. Even at 300 feet away, you're a quarter second behind.
    Yes, but take the sound of the engines coming off a green flag to yellow, they are all winding down, one engine revving up higher than normal, time that up with the distance and eying the spin and breaking lose of the wheels and TS car kicking out and you have a pretty good indication of exactly what went on. like I said, Tony did not intentionally go to kill someone, and this kid should have stayed in his car, but the fact remains that Tony's reaction to the kid coming out to talk **** had a direct result in the death of the kid. Listen, Tony clearly was looking to buzz the kid, as most would do and have done, this time an accident happened, a tragic accident.

  15. #135
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,929
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Yes, but take the sound of the engines coming off a green flag to yellow, they are all winding down, one engine revving up higher than normal, time that up with the distance and eying the spin and breaking lose of the wheels and TS car kicking out and you have a pretty good indication of exactly what went on. like I said, Tony did not intentionally go to kill someone, and this kid should have stayed in his car, but the fact remains that Tony's reaction to the kid coming out to talk **** had a direct result in the death of the kid. Listen, Tony clearly was looking to buzz the kid, as most would do and have done, this time an accident happened, a tragic accident.
    The revving engine could have come from the 45 car.

  16. #136
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,506
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    The revving engine could have come from the 45 car.
    Or from Ms. Scarlet getting nailed by Col. Mustard in the Library.

  17. #137
    The question I have is if Tony Stewart was trying to buzz him or kick dirt on him and hit him by accident it seems like there is some level of criminal responsibility. The fact that it is the same guy that drove him into the wall that hit him is what sets of some "danger, Will Robinson" elements to this entire situation. If it was someone else we would likely assume it was an accident.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    The question I have is if Tony Stewart was trying to buzz him or kick dirt on him and hit him by accident it seems like there is some level of criminal responsibility. The fact that it is the same guy that drove him into the wall that hit him is what sets of some "danger, Will Robinson" elements to this entire situation. If it was someone else we would likely assume it was an accident.
    There would be.

    If it could be proven.

    It can't.

    So there won't.

    End of story.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Just the fact that you say it's perfect timing, and it's on the other side of the track means it COULDN"T be from Stewarts car. Sound takes noticeable time to travel. Even at 300 feet away, you're a quarter second behind.
    Oh give me a break. Watch the video. That rev was from stewarts car

  20. #140
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    The question I have is if Tony Stewart was trying to buzz him or kick dirt on him and hit him by accident it seems like there is some level of criminal responsibility. The fact that it is the same guy that drove him into the wall that hit him is what sets of some "danger, Will Robinson" elements to this entire situation. If it was someone else we would likely assume it was an accident.
    This is what I am saying, I would be surprised if at Min a civil Suit is not filed. If that happens I think the state has no choice but to file some kind of criminal 2nd degree something or other. If they find oven the slightest hint of evidence saying TS acted in another way but trying to avoid the situation he is in for a long journey through the courts system.

    Personally knowing how TS reacts from watching his very first race to now, Tony ****ed-up. TS backs down to no one and there is no doubt he said to himself, I am going to teach this young punk something, and to add, if they have radio communications in dirt track, his spotter was telling him that ward was on the track, it is standard practice in nascar. I don't see him going to Jail but some kind of probation. On the other hand, as Warfish states, maybe nothing.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us