Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 254

Thread: Note to Idzik Haters

  1. #1

    Note to Idzik Haters

    This is why you leave yourself cap space. To cover for injuries. Now instead of being saddled with a dead weight contract, we can actually do something about it.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This is why you leave yourself cap space. To cover for injuries. Now instead of being saddled with a dead weight contract, we can actually do something about it.
    With die respect(and im not just kiss in up), good corners don't grow on trees. At this time of year the corner market is dried up. If we trade for one, teams know were in need and are gonna want more than what the players worth.We had our chance with DRC, we blew it. There's no way around that fact.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,236
    For the millionth time Offense is the problem.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    With die respect(and im not just kiss in up), good corners don't grow on trees. At this time of year the corner market is dried up. If we trade for one, teams know were in need and are gonna want more than what the players worth.We had our chance with DRC, we blew it. There's no way around that fact.
    Except if DRC had gotten hurt, we'd be in deeper trouble wouldn't we? The bottom line is that injuries are unpredictable. There is no connection between missing out on DRC and these injuries.

  5. #5
    I'm an Idzik fan!! but the current CB roster problem is squarely on him. He chose not to sign an experienced CB in free agency gambling that Milliner, Patterson and McDougle would cover our needs. That looks unlikely right now with Milliner and McDougle injured and Patterson looking frail and not up to the task of handling a starting role on the outside.

    It can be remedied and Idzik's Jets have the dollars and some depth on the DL to play with. But he needs to fix this.

    That doesn't necessarily mean acting immediately. There is time and we do need to look at a couple of our depth players. We need more info on Milliner's ankle. But the odds are the CB roster as it stands now will not allow the Jets to contend. This is not a Rex problem--it is Idzik's to fix.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by addage View Post
    I'm an Idzik fan!! but the current CB roster problem is squarely on him. He chose not to sign an experienced CB in free agency gambling that Milliner, Patterson and McDougle would cover our needs. That looks unlikely right now with Milliner and McDougle injured and Patterson looking frail and not up to the task of handling a starting role on the outside.

    It can be remedied and Idzik's Jets have the dollars and some depth on the DL to play with. But he needs to fix this.

    That doesn't necessarily mean acting immediately. There is time and we do need to look at a couple of our depth players. We need more info on Milliner's ankle. But the odds are the CB roster as it stands now will not allow the Jets to contend. This is not a Rex problem--it is Idzik's to fix.
    That was his choice. But the injuries are not his fault. What I am saying is that I don't want to see "Idzik should have signed...." because of injuries alone. Because injuries happen to everybody.

  7. #7
    Kenrick Ellis will be used for trade bait for a decent CB

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    This is why you leave yourself cap space. To cover for injuries. Now instead of being saddled with a dead weight contract, we can actually do something about it.
    Please list all the Idzik "haters"

    Would have been just as easy and sensible to say this is why you leave yourself cap room.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Please list all the Idzik "haters"

    Would have been just as easy and sensible to say this is why you leave yourself cap room.
    I got banned for directing tweets at specific people once. I'm not falling for that again.

    I'm talking about the people who are going "Idzik should have signed...."

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That was his choice. But the injuries are not his fault. What I am saying is that I don't want to see "Idzik should have signed...." because of injuries alone. Because injuries happen to everybody.
    I didn't use words like "fault" and "blame". But the current circumstances were foreseeable. There is always some luck in the GM's job and this year John may not have it. This year.

    But being unlucky doesn't change the fact that he is responsible and it is up to him to fix it. He has the time and resources. It's too soon to write off the season.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by njsmittyjets View Post
    Kenrick Ellis will be used for trade bait for a decent CB
    Or Harrison

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portlandia, OR
    Posts
    1,125
    I think this is an Idzik fail. He's new at the job but he nickel and dime it where he shouldn't have. People are gonna start teeing off on us.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    You can have all the money in the world but if the talent is no longer available, then it doesn't really matter much.

    It's disappointing that the Jets went from arguably the best CB tandem in the NFL (Revis, Cromartie) just a couple years ago to one of the worst. The Jets plan to get younger, take a quantity instead of quality approach, and infuse competition is pretty clear. But it only works if you find 2 or 3 healthy guys who rise to the top. The Jets were hoping that 2 of Milliner, Patterson, McDougal and Walls would simply step up and make the decision easy for them. At this point, our #1 CB for Week 1 may not even be of CB2 caliber.

    Let's watch Idzik really earn his GM money here! He has 3 weeks to fix this problem, a problem that's been about a year in the making that even Stevie Wonder could see.

    I still have faith but it's not good when you're less than a month from the start of the season and you have such a glaring positional problem.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Or Harrison
    no way

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    I think this an Idzik fail. He's new at the job but he nickel and dime it where he shouldn't have. People are gonna start teeing off on us.
    Here's a hater.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    You can have all the money in the world but if the talent is no longer available, then it doesn't really matter much.

    It's disappointing that the Jets went from arguably the best CB tandem in the NFL (Revis, Cromartie) just a couple years ago to one of the worst. The Jets plan to get younger, take a quantity instead of quality approach, and infuse competition is pretty clear. But it only works if you find 2 or 3 healthy guys who rise to the top. The Jets were hoping that 2 of Milliner, Patterson, McDougal and Walls would simply step up and make the decision easy for them. At this point, our #1 CB for Week 1 may not even be of CB2 caliber.

    Let's watch Idzik really earn his GM money here! He has 3 weeks to fix this problem, a problem that's been about a year in the making that even Stevie Wonder could see.

    I still have faith but it's not good when you're less than a month from the start of the season and you have such a glaring positional problem.
    And whose fault is it that it didn't seem to work? Idzik didn't give them injuries.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And whose fault is it that it didn't seem to work? Idzik didn't give them injuries.
    It's bad luck dude. Not Idzik's fault. But time to see how his preparation in terms of Cap and roster depth responds to these setbacks.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portlandia, OR
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Here's a hater.
    I just found about 100 bucks worth of vinyl records on a speaker outside my brothers place. You can call me Brady if you want.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Except if DRC had gotten hurt, we'd be in deeper trouble wouldn't we? The bottom line is that injuries are unpredictable. There is no connection between missing out on DRC and these injuries.
    Good point. But I will say this, this impedes Milliners development for this season, he needed all the practice reps he could get. Whomever we bring in assuming we do so will have to catch up, which isn't easy.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Good point. But I will say this, this impedes Milliners development for this season, he needed all the practice reps he could get. Whomever we bring in assuming we do so will have to catch up, which isn't easy.
    It depends on how severe the injury to Milliner is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us