Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who does Crossfit?

Who does Crossfit?

I've been doing it for about a year and I'm stronger an leaner than any other time in my life. I'm 50ish and was wondering if anyone here does Crossfit and what they think of a 50 yo doing it. My wife thinks i'm nuts and will be crippled by 55.

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought this thread was "who does Crossfire" - so excuse me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Peebag again.

LOLz

All League
    No need for this thread because Crossfit people cannot help declaring they do crossfit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    No need for this thread because Crossfit people cannot help declaring they do crossfit.
    Indeedy

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/th...ne-do-Crossfit

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I've been doing it for about a year and I'm stronger an leaner than any other time in my life. I'm 50ish and was wondering if anyone here does Crossfit and what they think of a 50 yo doing it. My wife thinks i'm nuts and will be crippled by 55.
    You should do it; it's time to bring back the Beast.

Chicks dig the Beast.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    You're already crippled.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    My spankerchief almost replied.

Who wears short shorts?

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    You're already crippled.
    Hmmm - seems harsh. Can you "Dr. Phil" that expression up a tad?

Veteran
    I don't know about cross-fit, but there may be a few cross-dressers here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Looked into some aspects of it and was pretty much immediately dissuaded by the many negative views put forth by professional trainers and physicians. But if it works for you, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Best part about that thread? That I was able to see that FF2 is now stuck on 49,998!

I can't stand the marketing machine that is pumping crossfit as the exercise for the fittest people on the planet. Get out of here. It's a circuit training program and that's all. They obsess over a few staple exercises like the olympic lift. Get over yourselves. And to the girls who do crossfit: 1. You'll never be able to compete with men... even though your little heart tells you so. 2. You look like a slimmed down version of a female body builder. Nice arms Stallone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Guy's shoulders, elbows and spine will hate him by 40, if not sooner.

Veteran
    pu$$ies and homophobes thats who....

wait for it....

kidding... I do Sasuke and competed on American ninja warrior this year so I've trained with some crossfit guys... cool dudes.Especially when they find out im 42 and going bigger than them. Only beef... kipping pull-ups aren't pull-ups... or kips for that matter. A kip is what you fo on a salmon ladder. My best is 18 kips in a set.

Jets Insider VIP
    Im going to hell for this but

Bewildered Beast
    I like "activity-specific" exercises.

I guess this guy is going to be ****ing, while hanging from the ceiling.

All League
    I did...a few years ago. It was de rigueur in the Fire Service a few years before it infected the general public. At first I enjoyed it....and then the toll of doing Olympic Lifts at volume (which you should never, ever do) while some roided up chick in high socks screeched about "PRs" started getting to me. That and the fact that the trainers typically have about 16 hours of training, know nothing about excercise physiology, and push people to lift too heavy at bad form so knee/shoulder/elbow pain ensued.

And the fact that its the fitness equivalent of Scientology in its cultiness weirded me out.

I quit last November after giving it several chances at different Crossfit Gyms (Boxes are for packing or eating) over the years and found a great, small gym run by a couple of Powerlifters, one of whom has a Degree in Excercise Physiology and is a licensed nutritionist. At 43 I've gone from Crossfit weakness (couldn't press 265 LOL) and knee problems to leaning out and competing in the Firefighter Games in a Push Pull (Deadlift, BP, OHP).

One of our New Guys, Chase Daniels, was a top-20 Crossfit Games guy.....he says the top folks don't even use "Crossfit" Methodology to train for the games....its too rough on the joints.

And any workout that has introduced Laymen to what "Rhabdomylosis" is is something to stay away from, IMO.

Practice Squad
    You guys completely exaggerate the negative aspects of crossfit. My box varied exercises between cardio, calisthenics and lifts. Joint pain was never an issue. The problem: Recovery. Couldn't recovery fast enough between exercises so I gave it up and joined a regular gym.

That said I whole-heartedly endorse it. but listen to your body, know when you need a break and don't push yourself being exhaustion level.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2