Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Camp Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Are there any ?
    I know one but I may get put in JI jail for speaking ill of his name.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Way to go, rook.
    Lighting a fire on the balls. good sign

Jets Insider VIP
    Way to go, rook.
    I agree in that the TE position 50 years ago was nothing like it is today, nor was the game itself.

If Rex had said Tony Gonzales, I'd be on board with that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Are there any ?
    I saw one on this page.

It was raining out - it's hard to hold on to the ball in such conditions. It was a flash flood out there.
    He had two TD's a few practices ago.

There, I tried.

Veteran
    There was a segment on NFLN during there TC coverage with Michael Irvin and the Bears WR's. They were using the Juggs, Irvin go's on to say he rarely used the Jugg in practice. You don't learn to catch, you either have it or you don't.
    Lal is there to teach techniques not how to catch a football....

All Pro
    Nothing like a reminder of the Kotite era:

J.P. Pelzman ‏@JPPelzman 8m
    At least Antonio Allen is a DB, unlike when in '95 Kotite tried college QB Vance Joseph against Oakland's Tim Brown. #didntquitework

Plus, that was a regular-season contest

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I know one but I may get put in JI jail for speaking ill of his name.
    Partly because he would PM the mods requesting your banishment.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Allen on AJ Green. Perfect way to see what he's got.

Banned
    Way to go, rook.
    Yeah, way to crawl into his doghouse, son.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Nothing like a reminder of the Kotite era:

At least Antonio Allen is a DB, unlike when in '95 Kotite tried college QB Vance Joseph against Oakland's Tim Brown. #didntquitework

Plus, that was a regular-season contest
    I'll never forget that game, MNF lol...same season he trotted out a LT who never played against Bruce Smith, who promptly sent Boomer to the land of tweety birds

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Partly because he would PM the mods requesting your banishment.
    That's exactly what happened Jordy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Lighting a fire on the balls. good sign
    Agreed but I was hoping he'd say something else and get fired up about it instead of completely swatting down that "idea". I'm sure Rex was just trying to send a message, that he needs to toughen up or something. At least that one came across, seeing how Amaro reacted he took it a bit personal.

Agreed but I was hoping he'd say something else and get fired up about it instead of completely swatting down that "idea". I'm sure Rex was just trying to send a message, that he needs to toughen up or something. At least that one came across, seeing how Amaro reacted he took it a bit personal.
    I read it like he was trying to piss off Amaro and get him playing with some anger.
    Sounded like he "understood" the message... We'll see.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Stick with beer JW it's only preseason

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    traded up for sanchez, hill, greene, clemens, revis. 1/5. i probably missed someone.
    Harris

2/6

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    You are right about the bolded part above, and the issue their is confidence and Hill's is broken.

Lal can help him with routes, with firing out of his stance to beat press coverage, with hand placement, and with all the other nuances of the position. But aside from showing him the proper way to catch the ball, thats all he can do. How can you honestly say that Lal can make him stop catching the ball with his body - in 3 TCs he hasnt learned it, its not like they arent showing him how.

Also, people need to stop ripping on this pick. The NFL Draft is about projecting what a player will be in the league and Hill had a unqiue skill set that was worth the gamble - it didnt work out. Tannenbaum also picked kerley in the 5th, how did that work out.

Hill had the ceiling of an elite player and a high bust potential, so they gambled and it looks like it failed. Its not the first time a WR busted and it wont be the last - if you think teams hit on all their picks, then you prob dont really understand the draft.
    But a second was too high. I would only draft a guy for his physical tools where there is a history of production. Hill caught 49 passes, total, in three years of college.

It is too much of a risk to draft physical freaks in the early rounds and hope they will develop. It appears to be especially hard at the WR position. I would be interested if someone can come up with an example of a guy with numbers as mediocre as Hill's were in college who has succeeded as a WR in the pros. Might have happened but I am not aware of it.

As a general rule, I'd rather draft a guy who is 5'11" and ran a 4.6 but put up big numbers in college.
    Last edited by RIJetFan; 08-12-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Harris

2/6
    i was hoping they'd take woodley, the other UM guy, but harris turned out ok...

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    He's not. Rex will move him around....

IMO he sees AA's versatility and will see if he can use him to plug a hole until Dee gets healthy...
    The two "lock down" corners for the 86 Bears were converted safeties as well, for a similar reason. I would say he has a good chance to stick. He is in the mold of the modern CB like those Seattle guys. His 40 is not ideal, but game speed is what matters. Will be really interesting to see. Could really give us some creative defensive schemes on defense with AA at corner.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Rex getting grilled as to why he wont just announce Geno's their regular-season starter. #Jets coach smiles: "I dont feel like it."
    Now that's a good response, lol.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'll never forget that game, MNF lol...same season he trotted out a LT who never played against Bruce Smith, who promptly sent Boomer to the land of tweety birds
    Everett McIver. Poor Boomer.