Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Camp Updates

Eunwa is probably a PS player this year. But if Hill does nothing again this year he's gone. You have Shaq and Eunwa waiting in the wings. Frankly I think the Jets are idiots if they let Kerley leave. It's the Coles and Moss situation all over again.

For 2015 it should be: Decker, Kerley, Shaq, Eunwa, Saunders, Nelson.
    Last edited by bman; 08-12-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Eunwa is probably a PS player this year. But if Hill does nothing again this year he's gone. You have Shaq and Eunwa waiting in the wings. Frankly I think the Jets are idiots if they let Kerley leave. It's the Coles and Moss situation all over again.

I don't know, a bit early but I would throw in a rookie from next year's draft not because we need to get younger but more talented. It could be a very strong WR class in FA at the top with Demaryuis Thomas, Dez Bryant and Michael Crabtree leading the list of potential FA's but I don't think Idzik will sign another WR for big money. I think he'll draft one. It's a long way to go but at this moment I think the Jets use their 1st on a WR. It's looking like a bigger class of 1st round hopefuls as compared to this year.
    I could see Nelson nudged out with that scenario but I wouldn't write off Salas who knows this offense and can be our version of a Jason Avant...the kind of indispensable WR you can count on to get open, make catches and get yardage.
    Last edited by Drunk Old Joe; 08-12-2014 at 04:03 PM.

That assumes we add ZERO pass-catchers next off-season, which is not going to be the case.

Is AA one of the most unique DB's we've had? The guy can do it all. Played OLB/SS in college, played FS here, now does a good job as a corner. Has perfect size, is fast enough to play corner. Elite tackler & run stopper, great ballhawk with a knack for creating turnovers in coverage. Rare cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm not reading anything from the Hill apologists today. Interesting.
    Hard to be positive about Hill on a day like today. OTOH, it's odd to take pride and pleasure over a busted 2nd round pick. It's a strange way to be a fan.

Somebody suggested that with Hill's long arms, he should be tried at CB. I know it was said in jest but why the hell not?

It's not like he has any future as a WR.

Or maybe try him as an RB? lol.

All Pro

Honestly I would re-sign Kerley and try to add a stud somehow in the draft....

But what do I know, when was the last time we drafted a stud WR?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Somebody suggested that with Hill's long arms, he should be tried at CB. I know it was said in jest but why the hell not?

Hard to break up passes with your chest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

Santana Moss

Only to then trade him in his prime for a player we should have simply resigned 2 years prior in Coles.

God, this franchise man

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Maybe Hill should give Soccer a try....

Rookie
    Maybe Hill should give Soccer a try....
    Naw, basketball. He's a jumper.

But then again, you can't use your hands in soccer. Maybe that's for him.

I would have to think it's time we draft on the offensive side next year. We've drafted every level of defense in the first round past few years.

Then again I thought this year was the year we go offense. Clearly not

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

A CB is just a WR that can't catch.

Perfect match for Hill.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Loving all this Lankster talk...keep it up man!
    We need him more than ever.

Why? Why should shaq and eunwa be on the roster without proving themselves? Are ho are they to begin with?

Try to snag a solid free agent and draft another

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Is AA one of the most unique DB's we've had? The guy can do it all. Played OLB/SS in college, played FS here, now does a good job as a corner. Has perfect size, is fast enough to play corner. Elite tackler & run stopper, great ballhawk with a knack for creating turnovers in coverage. Rare cat.
    If the Jets get a great pass rush he may be able to get by at Cb,if not he'll get crushed. This guy is a quality safety prospect I wish we would leave him alone as a safety.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post
    The guy that is intriguing to me and that has really played well the past couple of weeks in camp is Enunwa from Nebraska. He's a very good hands catcher. He's a big target, not fast but has reliable hands. It'll be interesting to see if he makes a push in the next couple of weeks to make the 53 man roster.
    My nephew loves this guy

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    So true

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Geno Smith will start the Jets' second preseason game against the Bengals on Saturday.

There had been noise that Michael Vick may be gaining ground in what was thought to be a "competition" in name only, but that doesn't appear to be the case. ESPN New York's Rich Cimini still expects Smith to be named the starter, barring "injury or an epic meltdown." Cimini believes official word could come within the week. The Jets are all in on Smith for Week 1, but he won't have much room for error.

Related: Michael Vick
    Source: ESPN New York
    A blurb about the Jets' QB situation, seemingly from Cimini.

Is it really that close? Or is this just fluff to write something for the sake of creating a story?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    How about a Running Back?

All he'd have to do is receive a hand-off....or will he drop THAT, too?