Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Camp Updates

Eric Allen@eallenjets 20s
    Vick dials up the long ball to Salas and the WR makes a good hands catch. Pressure was there though and 1 facing a lot of it in the rain.

Darryl Slater@DarrylSlater 11s
    Eric Decker has returned to team periods action at Jets practice after being sidelined the past three days by sore quadriceps.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Manish Mehta 2m
    CB Darrin Walls, who is playing with the second team, is getting toasted in the rain. #nyj
    What a weasely sack of shyt. Toasted? Really??? Nothing but a punk ass shyt stirrer.

I really would just pop him right in the nose if ever given an opportunity.

All Pro
    Darryl Slater ‏@DarrylSlater 56s

Dimitri Patterson (calf/ankle/quad) not participating in team periods for the fourth straight day. Tried to play through injuries vs. Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Darryl Slater ‏@DarrylSlater 56s

Dimitri Patterson (calf/ankle/quad) not participating in team periods for the fourth straight day. Tried to play through injuries vs. Colts.
    Well that about covers most of it I'd say. LOL

Fortunately it's just limited to that area

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Eric Allen@eallenjets 20s
    Vick dials up the long ball to Salas and the WR makes a good hands catch. Pressure was there though and 1 facing a lot of it in the rain.

Darryl Slater@DarrylSlater 11s
    Eric Decker has returned to team periods action at Jets practice after being sidelined the past three days by sore quadriceps.
    Seems like every day Salas makes plays. If it comes down to him vs Ford for a roster spot, Ford might find himself on the outside looking in.

Rich Cimini@RichCimini 33s
    Dimitri Patterson not practicing. Running sprints off to the side. #nyj

Salas should make the team. I hope he lights it up in the next two games. He's probably a more impactful player than Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Seems like every day Salas makes plays. If it comes down to him vs Ford for a roster spot, Ford might find himself on the outside looking in.
    That's been my thinking, too. With Saunders, we really don't need Ford to be a return man, and Salas seems to always be doing something good when he's mentioned while you rarely hear anything about Ford. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Salas makes it over him.

Darryl Slater@DarrylSlater 50s
    For the second straight day, Jets going heavy on team periods action.

Brian Costello@BrianCoz 28s
    Cumberland heading inside with a trainer #nyj

All Pro
    That's been my thinking, too. With Saunders, we really don't need Ford to be a return man, and Salas seems to always be doing something good when he's mentioned while you rarely hear anything about Ford. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Salas makes it over him.
    Yup, and since the KO has been moved up, it has kind of de-valued the kick return anyway.

Seth Walder@SethWalderNYDN 32s
    Decker catches a 10-yard TD from Geno with Allen in coverage. #nyj

Eric Allen@eallenjets 31s
    Decker taking some reps in team. Nice to see rook B. Dixon bounce back from a PI with a PD. Edds with a nice PD as Vick targeted Cumby.

Eric Allen@eallenjets 9s
    Inside the red zone, Geno goes to Decker for 6. Vet WR beats AA to the inside on a slant. Good ball placement.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 28s
    Cumberland heading inside with a trainer #nyj

Is pantale getting any reps at all? He would be the third man here if someone goes down and at least he is a better blocker then cumberland.

I hope they dont push decker, patterson, or any of these guys who have slight muscle injuries in the rain. Its slippery and not worth it, esepcially with someone like decker.

Brian Costello@BrianCoz 50s
    This is the most spirited practice of camp #nyj

Darryl Slater@DarrylSlater 24s
    Calvin Pryor has received two first-team snaps today so far, but otherwise has worked entirely with the second team.

Chris Lopresti@CLoprestiWFAN 15s
    Lankster jumps a quick turn around route from Amaro in the end zone. Nearly picked off Vick but couldn't hold on. #NYJ

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Salas should make the team. I hope he lights it up in the next two games. He's probably a more impactful player than Hill.
    I don't think he will beat out Hill. I really think it will come down to Salas vs Ford if we keep 6 WRs.

All Pro
    Good to see Geno flinging the ball in the rain....

His play in bad weather is still on the critique list....

Chris Lopresti@CLoprestiWFAN 51s
    Lankster again. Hill had a step on quick slant but Ellis knocked down Geno's pass which was slightly behind Hill. #NYJ

Eric Allen@eallenjets 47s
    In red zone work, Vick goes to Amaro for what looked like a short score. But Ellis Lankster fights the ball away.

All League
    Chris Lopresti@CLoprestiWFAN 51s
    Lankster again. Hill had a step on quick slant but Ellis knocked down Geno's pass which was slightly behind Hill. #NYJ

Eric Allen@eallenjets 47s
    In red zone work, Vick goes to Amaro for what looked like a short score. But Ellis Lankster fights the ball away.

Loving all this Lankster talk...keep it up man!

All Pro
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 1m

TE Jeff Cumberland taken to the locker room with a trainer. #nyj

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    Loving all this Lankster talk...keep it up man!
    Yup. One guy goes down and it opens up an opportunity for someone else. Maybe Lankster is the next man up!

Looks like Lankster wants to start. I still would like to see Asante Samuel brought in after week 1 if need be.