Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Someone explain- why is the World so tolerant of Muslim hatred towards others?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Adhering doesn't equal interpretation, an important distinction in this conversation. Since fundamentalist literalism of the Bible went out with the Council of Trent, I call bs.
    A substantial volume of evangelical Christians would disagree about the irrelevance of biblical literalism.

I would also be interested to read how you interpret the above commandments from Exodus and Leviticus as something less homicidal than the way they are translated into English.

Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    A substantial volume of evangelical Christians would disagree about the irrelevance of biblical literalism.

I would also be interested to read how you interpret the above commandments from Exodus and Leviticus as something less homicidal than the way they are translated into English.
    You are the living answer to the question from the OP. The question was why do people tollerate jihadi islamism. The answer is that leftists consider radical islam on the same vein as any other religion. All are bad so whats the difference right. You are bringing up ancient bible passages and basic nonesense while today islamists are beheading andnstoning people to death. Who gives a **** what happened 300 to 3000 years ago. Its completely irrelevant to today. There is a well armed well financed 50k strong jihadi army in Iraq and Syria right now. Many are from western countries with passports abd easy access to travel. You want to have a philosophical discussion about bible passages? Its ridiculous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    You are the living answer to the question from the OP. The question was why do people tollerate jihadi islamism. The answer is that leftists consider radical islam on the same vein as any other religion. All are bad so whats the difference right. You are bringing up ancient bible passages and basic nonesense while today islamists are beheading andnstoning people to death. Who gives a **** what happened 300 to 3000 years ago. Its completely irrelevant to today. There is a well armed well financed 50k strong jihadi army in Iraq and Syria right now. Many are from western countries with passports abd easy access to travel. You want to have a philosophical discussion about bible passages? Its ridiculous.
    The problem isn't religion.

Religion is a symptom.

Mo' Religion. Mo' Problems.

Secularism is the answer.

The fact that Jews don't try and convert people make them different then Christians and Muslims. One other thing Judiasm and Christianity were found on law and order. The missionaries used their place as a force of evil Islam was spread by the sword in every country and it still is today. The crusades were nothing compared to what is happening in every Islamac country.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

Religion is a symptom.

Bull****. Communism, Nazis, the Mongols murdered in the millions. Blame the religion is easy how about blaming the people who use it as a means to and end. Secularism is a religion with no leadership but is still a religion. Case in point in Tennessee a child was suspended for saying bless you to a friend who had sneezed. This is secularism run amuck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Bull****. Communism, Nazis, the Mongols murdered in the millions. Blame the religion is easy how about blaming the people who use it as a means to and end. Secularism is a religion with no leadership but is still a religion. Case in point in Tennessee a child was suspended for saying bless you to a friend who had sneezed. This is secularism run amuck.
    Wrong.

All Pro
    Jesus is better than religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    We get exposed through the media to the extremists of the Muslim religion. The very vast majority of Muslims do not in any way align with the policies and fanaticism of the edges of that religion. But it is not limited to Muslims, there are extreme Christians which we have experienced here in our own country, extreme followers of the Jewish faith here and in Israel, etc... Never underestimate the ability of people to hate, and hide that hatred behind religious or political dogma and ideology. It is too simple to just say that the Muslim religion is bad; in doing so we ourselves inch closer to the ignorance and fear that fuels their blind hatred and anger. All religions at their core separate us and cultivate dislike of other people because their beliefs do not align with others. In my view organized religion is the most dangerous influence on the peace of the world which is sadly ironic.
    Bull****.

All League
    Would one of the religion hating, proud atheists here please let me know where the hordes of evangelical christians that are beheading jews, gays, ethnic minorities, women and other undesireables today are?

And don't bring up the Crusades. that was about 1000 years ago.

Islam is a disease. A virus. Its very nature is violence and hate. There is no such thing as a "moderate muslim". There are practising and non-practising muslims. Period. And for all the talk about the "majority" if Muslims in the world, they sure are q quiet bunch....

As for the Evangelical Christians, if you are a Christian and you are reading Leviticus, you're doing it wrong anyway. Jesus' stuff (you know, be nice to each other) is all you're supposed to be worrying about. That was kind of the point.

And no, I haven't been into a church for years, but if you can't see the differences between the teachings of Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and those of Islam, then you are delsuional and have bot into the moral equivalency fallacy.

Jews don't care what your religion is unless you're a Jew.

Christians wil try to convince you to become a Christian, for the past 200+ years thats been a relatively peaceful practice.

Hindus and Buddhists hope you leave them in peace while you figure out your path.

Muslims will cut your ****ing head off, shoot you in the back, bury you alive, rape your women, throw acid in your face, stone their own daughters, and strap bomb vests to their own handicapped children - and thats if you're the wrong KIND of Muslim....never mind Christian, Jew, Hindu, or whatever....

There is so much hatred in this thread. Fear of nothing......

Am i the only person with a few friends that are muslim? My friend jaffars mom cooks a mean meal. Im pretty sure shes nice. Her knives dont have human blood on them

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post

Am i the only person with a few friends that are muslim? My friend jaffars mom cooks a mean meal. Im pretty sure shes nice. Her knives dont have human blood on them
    That you know of!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

naive.... Jet Engine is a bit strong but make NO mistake..... Many of these everyday people , you describe I would bet would harbor a terrorist or see things NOT so American when put in that position. Wait til a dirty bomb is dropped and the terrorist runs to any Mosque. They will harbor him.

All League

My wife is Turkish. Want to hear it from her?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    You want to have a philosophical discussion about bible passages? Its ridiculous.
    You're right. It's ridiculous to think that we might have a discussion on a discussion forum. What was I thinking, especially when somebody asked for that information.

I'll try to work up some hate-based stereotypes so I can better fit in with the...whatever this is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    My wife is Turkish. Want to hear it from her?
    Someone in my family married into it as well. I see it first hand too.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    naive.... Jet Engine is a bit strong but make NO mistake..... Many of these everyday people , you describe I would bet would harbor a terrorist or see things NOT so American when put in that position. Wait til a dirty bomb is dropped and the terrorist runs to any Mosque. They will harbor him.
    Your clearly insane. Clearly

Hall Of Fame
    Your clearly insane. Clearly
    Professore, please don't travel to Syria on your next sabbatical.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    And don't bring up the Crusades. that was about 1000 years ago...
    When did we ever kill people?

And don't bring up that time we killed people.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

Religion is a symptom.

i thought tolerance is the answer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    i thought tolerance is the answer.
    Nope.

Killing them is the answer.

If Christian God is too much of a wuss to stop Islamic Kooks from killing...then I guess someone ought to do it for him.