Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The NYG Reached Big Time ...

All League

The NYG Reached Big Time ...

With their hiring of Ben McAdoo as OC. If you look at his resume he was Aaron Rodgers
    QB coach for the last two years:

http://www.giants.com/team/coaches/b...1-52c2e05ed811

Let's be real here, I could have been Rodgers QB coach for the last two years and he
    would've produced the same results. All of Rodgers growth and development had already
    taken place before McAdoo got the position. Add in the fact that he's NEVER put together
    an offense or called plays and it's no wonder their offense looks like a mess. Their
    issues remind me of 2012 when we had Sparano as our OC. He had never called plays before
    either and he kept excusing the lack of production in pre-season by saying "they weren't
    showing anything", and we all know how that turned out. With the way they're mixing and
    matching on the OLine I hope we throw Manning around like a ragdoll on Friday

Veteran
    Well you have to start somewhere instead of getting another retread.

All Pro
    No offense to Mcadoo, and even Philbin.....all credit to Rodgers development goes to McCarthy and that QB Camp...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would love nothing more then to see the giants struggle all season long.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    No offense to Mcadoo, and even Philbin.....all credit to Rodgers development goes to McCarthy and that QB Camp...

Good point...Regis Philbin was another surefire guaranteed Green Bay genius when Ross o the Clown grabbed him to be HC of the stinking fish and look at ALL the success he's delivered.

Aaron Rodgers' don't grow on trees and now poor McAdoo is saddled with She-li doing his annual Mark Sanchez impersonation

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

I'd give Clements a lot of credit too. I'm not sure if that's what you meant by QB campy, but Tom Clements was the guy who completely reworked Rodgers' throwing mechanics in the 2-3 years he sat behind Favre. If you look at him in college v. when he debuted in the NFL it's somewhat staggering.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I'd give Clements a lot of credit too. I'm not sure if that's what you meant by QB campy, but Tom Clements was the guy who completely reworked Rodgers' throwing mechanics in the 2-3 years he sat behind Favre. If you look at him in college v. when he debuted in the NFL it's somewhat staggering.
    I'm referring to the QB Camp McCarthy hosts for all of his QB's where they work on strictly the fundamentals. I guess you have to give Clements some credit too because he was there since he was there during Rodgers early years, but McCarthy is the reason why he's an elite QB today....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Good point...Regis Philbin was another surefire guaranteed Green Bay genius when Ross o the Clown grabbed him to be HC of the stinking fish and look at ALL the success he's delivered.

Aaron Rodgers' don't grow on trees and now poor McAdoo is saddled with She-li doing his annual Mark Sanchez impersonation
    Yeah that Tannehill, he's a real Stud!

Anybody want to bet right now that the Giants will outscore the Jets by at least 100 points this year? Didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Anybody want to bet right now that the Giants will outscore the Jets by at least 100 points this year? Didn't think so.
    Lol I would take the over on that in a heartbeat.

Jets should presumably have a top 15-20 QB in Geno, far better WR from last year, much stronger stable of RBs and an O-line that is improved in pass protection (from what we've seen in TC and preseason, at least).

Giants have dogsh1t Eli and ..... yeah.....

Jets offense looks like he 99 Rams compared to the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    With their hiring of Ben McAdoo as OC. If you look at his resume he was Aaron Rodgers

Let's be real here, I could have been Rodgers QB coach for the last two years and he
    would've produced the same results. All of Rodgers growth and development had already
    taken place before McAdoo got the position. Add in the fact that he's NEVER put together
    an offense or called plays and it's no wonder their offense looks like a mess. Their
    issues remind me of 2012 when we had Sparano as our OC. He had never called plays before
    either and he kept excusing the lack of production in pre-season by saying "they weren't
    showing anything", and we all know how that turned out. With the way they're mixing and
    Are you thinking that BOB McAdoo would have been a better selection?

Rookie
    Perhaps I am in the minority here, but in my opinion 90% of the great quarterbacks would have developed regardless of their OC/QB coach and the same can be said of poor QBs. They could have the best QB coach of all time and that wouldn't change a thing.

Let's just worry about the Jets.
    Who GAF about wat the Midgets do or who they hire?

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post

The Giants make a mistake? Our big brother can do no wrong - or so it seems. Talk to me at the end of the season about this guy. You may be right but I'm quite sure the Giants due their due diligence with all hirings. Lets just clobber them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea319now314 View Post
    Let's just worry about the Jets.
    Who GAF about wat the Midgets do or who they hire?

Agreed. It's a full time job worrying about the Jets. Giants oc not our concern. Putting Eli on the carpet is

I don't dislike the Giants as much as the Pats. I dislike their fans, especially when they're over-arrogantly annoying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    would love nothing more then to see the giants struggle all season long.
    My buddy said to me, "could you imagine if Eli hangs 3 TDs on the Jets in the first half tomorrow night?"

First I laughed loudly.

Then I kinda laughed quietly.

Then I kinda stared off into space....not saying anything for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by jrochwa View Post
    Perhaps I am in the minority here, but in my opinion 90% of the great quarterbacks would have developed regardless of their OC/QB coach and the same can be said of poor QBs. They could have the best QB coach of all time and that wouldn't change a thing.
    Gotta disagree here. Coaching is more important in Pro Football than any other major sport. The jump from college to NFL is huge. How many top college QBs, top draft picks, have bombed in the NFL. While sometimes it is the player, alot of times it is poor coaching and poor development.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I would think you wouldn't want to go off making goofy bets like this.

Jets had more total yards than the Giants a year ago and only scored 4 fewer points.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    My buddy said to me, "could you imagine if Eli hangs 3 TDs on the Jets in the first half tomorrow night?"

First I laughed loudly.

Then I kinda laughed quietly.

Then I kinda stared off into space....not saying anything for a little while.

Oh without a doubt something like that will happen. And this board will erupt with Fire IdzIk. Along with battling "relax it's preseason".