Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There is a flag on virtually every play this preseason

There is a flag on virtually every play this preseason

I tell you, if this crap continues into the RS, I am going to be finding a lot of other things to do on Sundays, I mean who wants to watch officials deliberate on every single play? They have taken the fun and excitement, not to mention game flow out of the NFL. Bad enough the games went on forever as it was, if they do not stop with these penalties on every single play this season, games could go on for 4-6 hours LOL. Couple that with with the endless run of commercials after seemingly every snap on TV, and it seems as though they are purposefully taking the fun out of watching NFL football games. NFL is really starting to mean No Fun League....

I agree, these flags are ridiculous. The League can't help but continue to tamper with a great product.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I tell you, if this crap continues into the RS, I am going to be finding a lot of other things to do on Sundays, I mean who wants to watch officials deliberate on every single play? They have taken the fun and excitement, not to mention game flow out of the NFL. Bad enough the games went on forever as it was, if they do not stop with these penalties on every single play this season, games could go on for 4-6 hours LOL. Couple that with with the endless run of commercials after seemingly every snap on TV, and it seems as though they are purposefully taking the fun out of watching NFL football games. NFL is really starting to mean No Fun League....
    Agreed. I have never been so apathetic two weeks before an NFL season. The new "anti-defense" rules are a major contributing factor. If I wanted to see 42-35 games, I would watch the Arena League.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

longer games, more ads...all part of Goodell's master plan

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Agree ... The product with these flags is horrendous

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Football fans couldn't have dreamed up a worse commissioner.

The rookie wage scale is literally the only thing that this dick has gotten right in his 7+ years on the job.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    GODells master plan to maximize revenues.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Football fans couldn't have dreamed up a worse commissioner.

The rookie wage scale is literally the only thing that this dick has gotten right in his 7+ years on the job.
    So pretty much, he is an owner's dream. Which is the group of people that hired him and pay him. Hopefully they don't take this madness too far and let the bottom fall out. (A team in europe, 18 game season) But who knows we will see

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    So pretty much, he is an owner's dream.
    Of course

An owners dream...and a fans worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Agreed. I have never been so apathetic two weeks before an NFL season. The new "anti-defense" rules are a major contributing factor. If I wanted to see 42-35 games, I would watch the Arena League.
    Excellent point. I feel the same, there is no juice going into this season...

See Sanchez playing an looking to be in mid season form by the way.

I wish all the defensive players would get together and just commit a foul on every play in the preseason. Make the game so unwatchable it scares the **** out of Goodell.

Banned
    There is a really good chance that the weekly "Ed Hochilli Yellow Flag show" could be the lowest rated show in the history of broadcast television

All Pro
    Totally agreed. Football is about momentum, not highlights. Momentum is what makes this game exciting and they are totally sucking out any last drop of it from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Excellent point. I feel the same, there is no juice going into this season...

See Sanchez playing an looking to be in mid season form by the way.
    Sanchez is making some really nice throws.

For the first time in over 15 years I let my Sunday ticket go. Huge Jet fan, but the NFL is ruining the game...I just don't care like I used to.

What a disgrace!! Only a handful of plays without a flag. This is a joke.

I think I read somewhere that this is just a trial run for the penalties and once the regular season come it'll be business as usual. Let's hope that's true because I fear that the incredible increase in penalties will soften the game to the point where it'll ruin it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Sanchez is making some really nice throws.
    Actually Sanchez looked very good. Did Sanchez look as good as Foles? No, not in my opinion. But Sanchez looks very good in this offense made some tough throws out there....

I really believe a lot of how Sanchez looks goes directly to the HC. Sanchez is in a QB friendly system and environment and it shows. Oh and before it begins this last statement is not to say anything about our own very good HC....

Finally the flags out here are a JOKE!!!

Good Grief!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 08-21-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRy923 View Post
    I think I read somewhere that this is just a trial run for the penalties and once the regular season come it'll be business as usual. Let's hope that's true because I fear that the incredible increase in penalties will soften the game to the point where it'll ruin it.
    I heard the opposite the other day. Maybe by mid year they'll loosen up.

I agree ... The flags are a real downer ...

Am I wrong or are they just deciding to enforce existing rules for defensive holding and illegal contact?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk