Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Vick disappointed coaches by accepting QB2 job

Hall Of Fame
    This is the second Bull crap made up spewing from whoever the F this Wesseling is in two days.

Dear Wesseling...G F Y...I won't be reading your third

All Pro

Vick knew what he was getting into when he signed here, and the Jets knew what they wanted out of Vick. The Jets had him on the radar when FA opened but he waited it out a bit to see if he could land a starting gig. When the QB market dried up, he decided to take the deal here, to be Geno's backup/mentor. Jets knew exactly what they wanted from Vick, so it's impossible for them to be disappointed in Vick for doing exactly what they asked him to do...

"We are excited to acquire Michael Vick," said offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who was Vick's OC for four seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles. "He's a great talent who's won many games, including playoff games, in this league. He has the respect of both his teammates and opponents. He's here in a role where hes going to compete and push Geno Smith to become the very best that he can be. Michael will be able to go in and play at a high level and a winning level if called upon."
    "I wouldn't say I'd necessarily be OK with sitting on the bench, but I know what I signed up for," said Vick, who described Smith as a good friend. "I know what I came to New York to do. First and foremost, I came to compete and be there for Geno. I know he has a long way to go, but we both talked and we both agree we're going to push one another and make each other better."
    Doesn't sound like the Jets had any intention of rolling Mike Vick out there week 1 now did they?

The media desperately wants to make a controversy out of the situation, so desperately that now they are printing bogus stories with "sources" to try to convince people of this stupidity. Idzik, Rex and the Organization flushed the circus down the toilet and I love every bit of it, but the truth is the media can't stand it. They want controversy, and boneheaded decisions being made so they can bash the franchise relentlessly. I love the fact that the new regime makes the media sleep less easy at night, reaching for something to the point where now they just make up sh*t now. It's pathetic journalism

...and I loved Jenny Vrentas work when she was on the beat here, so I'm quite lost actually.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I just wish this team would move, sometimes
    UK...Canada...Hawaii

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LMAO at posters here who complain about this.

99.9% of this board fell head over heels for Jenny Vrentas and everything she wrote when she was a beat reporter.

Now that she is somewhere else and is reporting a slightly negative article, the whining begins.

Here's her entire article. Wesseling is just repeating excerpts from it.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/22/michae...new-york-jets/
    I read this article as well and IMO it's still reaching....

Who gives a f*** what the assistant to the assistant special teams coach thinks about the QB situation. I think it's pretty clear that Idzik, Rex and Marty told Vick what he was getting himself into before signing on the dotted line....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The fu(king Jets don't want to give us a controversy, don't want to create a story for us? Fu(k em, we'll make one up for them.

This is such BS, what is to be gained by anyone saying this to a reporter?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    For those of you who are saying "they" (the media) and blaming Wesserling and so on, you DO realize that the article that this information came from was written by Jenny Vrentas?

You know, the girl you all loved and respected when she was a beat reporter?

Veteran
    yeah this is BS. everything i've read has been talk of Vick being the backup since day 1.

Practice Squad
    Is there some way we can turn this into a discussion about the Jet's uniforms? The odd shades of green? The patch-worked jerseys? Green pants or white pants?

Please?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    Is there some way we can turn this into a discussion about the Jet's uniforms? The odd shades of green? The patch-worked jerseys? Green pants or white pants?

Please?

I'm all for it. The Jets unis need some help. I loved the Reebock ones, but Nike butchered the implementation. I know its scary, but Woody should let Nike redesign them.

Hall Of Fame
    So.....worst QB "controversy" ever?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Mehta used to be the gold standard too...Until he wasn't.
    It's pretty simple actually. Star Ledger beat writers are allowed to publish actual football articles instead of soap opera trash. They churn out really good articles until a more widely distributed paper offers them more money for the same gig. I'm sure the Ledger doesn't pay all that well so the writers sign on to papers like the Daily News, Post, MMQB and ESPN.

The problem is that these are more nationally distributed as opposed to only NJ so the writers are now pressured by the editors to write salacious story lines that will make non-Jets fans click the articles.

That is why Slater is a great writer now but god help us if he gets plucked by another paper. It is only a matter of time before the cycle continues.

Ahhh the annual Phantom QB controversy regarding the Jets article....Slow news day...

Hall Of Fame
    Geno has looked pretty good in preseason. If he falls on his face, in comes Vick to the rescue. Sounds like a plan to me
    Last edited by RMJK; 08-22-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFreak89 View Post
    It's pretty simple actually. Star Ledger beat writers are allowed to publish actual football articles instead of soap opera trash. They churn out really good articles until a more widely distributed paper offers them more money for the same gig. I'm sure the Ledger doesn't pay all that well so the writers sign on to papers like the Daily News, Post, MMQB and ESPN.

The problem is that these are more nationally distributed as opposed to only NJ so the writers are now pressured by the editors to write salacious story lines that will make non-Jets fans click the articles.

That is why Slater is a great writer now but god help us if he gets plucked by another paper. It is only a matter of time before the cycle continues.
    True. Randy Lange was another jersey reporter I recall reading years ago before going to NYJ.com..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I'm all for it. The Jets unis need some help. I loved the Reebock ones, but Nike butchered the implementation. I know its scary, but Woody should let Nike redesign them.
    Except that no one redesigned them.

But hey, you needed to blame Woody for something.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    For those of you who are saying "they" (the media) and blaming Wesserling and so on, you DO realize that the article that this information came from was written by Jenny Vrentas?

You know, the girl you all loved and respected when she was a beat reporter?
    And Mehta was loved until he went to the NYDN and obviously changed his style

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I normally like Jenny Vrentas, but I find this incredibly hard to believe.
    What do you expect? She's been one of Peter King's stooges for awhile now, and has developed the anti-Jet venom that King has had since the Jets-Pats playoff game in 2011. You sleep with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

Banned
    You guys really think there is a media conspiracy against the Jets?

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jet View Post
    You guys really think there is a media conspiracy against the Jets?
    No conspiracy. Just a desire to make money by selling advertising space.

Most sports media relies on trolling fans because it's easy to get clicks/views that way. See the whole Tebow nonsense.

Sometimes there isn't divisive content to write so they have to squeeze something out with shaky sources and speculation.

In NY the media has the opportunity to take advantage of the Jets-Giants rivalry. You have more Giants fans (for now) so it's easier to produce content that loves the Giants and hates the Jets. Giants fans can be kept happy by seeing positive press about their team but they are likely to read negative content about the Jets for lulz (don't you read any negative Pats press?). Jets fans will read it to see what's going on with their team. It's not a conspiracy, just playing the odds to make the most money possible. Without having two teams to serve, the NY press would be more positive about the Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    This is the second Bull crap made up spewing from whoever the F this Wesseling is in two days.

Dear Wesseling...G F Y...I won't be reading your third
    Except it was from Jenny Vrentas. You liked her right?