Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Geno rewarding my confidence

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by addage View Post
    And this thread changes that?
    I was with Geno way before this thread.

Were you one of those guys that said he wasn't any good and posted a pic to prove it? I wasn't the only one that was called names in rebuttal to that inanity.
    Last edited by JohnJ; 08-23-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    I'm glad someone said this. While you might be personally offended, in reading a lot of the SOJF rhetoric, I absolutely believe this to be true. Nothing you can say would deter me of this belief. You've got some miserable MF'ers here. Don't be nave. I was flabbergasted by the level of panic after winning the 1st two preseason games. I'm certain a whole bunch of them would like nothing better than seeing Pryor and Amaro fail (so they can continue harping upon their magical GM abilities) and have already slammed the GM for McDougle being hurt and Milliner as well.

Don't underestimate the level of loser mentality from these fans here. It's right on the money. They actually insult posters who are too optimistic. Un****ingbelievable.
    Accidently disliked. Spot on about those miserable pricks. Their weekend is probably ruined.

Spot on! Even with WVU having more losses than anyone predicted, the offense always showed up. This kid can ball and has an intangible that is so necessary for any NFL QB to be successful. He is a legit franchise QB. I have no doubt about this!

But Boomer said the Jets were WR hell and Geno doesn't study or put in the work...PRAYERFULLY MS getting hurt is our version of Mo Lewis/Bledsoe/Brady
    Amen

It's the world we live in. I can remember the days before social media and I would talk one on one with Jets fans in bars and there was always someone hating on Chrebet, Mo Lewis or Curtis Martin. It has always been there, we just have instant and unlimited access to it now.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    I am getting a little optimistic... we can't score 25 a game and give up thirty so our success is truly on him this year.. he needs to not give points because we will be giving our share on d... and we have to start putting it in the end zone already..
    The Jets were 7-1 when scoring 18+ points last season. I think their ability to score more consistently will translate to wins. And this was with a beleaguered secondary last season. I know a lot of folks are concerned with the back end of the defense now but you have to feel a bit more confident with Allen and Milliner having a full year of development from last season and both are carrying themselves as seasoned vets now. Add Pryor to the fray and you only have that remaining CB position for which Cro was among the worst in the entire league in terms of coverage. That has to improve with anyone they place there.
    I am surprised we haven't seen more of Walls, Lankster or Dowling there on an island. I'm sure there are reasons for that.

I'm still thinking that Idzik may try to land a veteran there either through waiver wire or a trade. He's got plenty of cash in reserve.
    Drayton Florence is out there. Maybe more will be available.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Good thing you'd never be caught talking that way about a Jet QB . . .
    I would if they absolutely sucked like your idol Suckchez and I'd stand up for what I said and not jump ship like a rat!

Since day 1, Geno always had an edge or chip on his shoulder or perseverance. You could always tell that he was going to do whatever it took to be great. I think he's heading in that direction. Last season could have ruined a lot of rookies, but Geno dusted himself off, stood before the media and told us he would get better, and didn't go into a fetal position ( like Sanchez).

I think we have a keeper..

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Since day 1, Geno always had an edge or chip on his shoulder or perseverance. You could always tell that he was going to do whatever it took to be great. I think he's heading in that direction. Last season could have ruined a lot of rookies, but Geno dusted himself off, stood before the media and told us he would get better, and didn't go into a fetal position ( like Sanchez).

I think we have a keeper..
    This is exactly how I felt watching Geno. Of course the haters will be back after his bad games this year pouncing like cats all over anyone high on Geno.
    None of us are here saying Geno will be one of the best ever, I think we are all just giddy thinking we might finally have a capable QB who seems to have a cool head under pressure.
    There are a lot of QBs that seem to have a ceiling, Geno looks to be a QB who's skills lead you to believe he can get better & better.
    He put on 10lbs of muscle, he's not a small QB, in fact Vick looks like a peanut next to him.
    He's got a strong accurate arm, he's actually faster than he looks, he's very good at sliding, he throws a soft accurate screen pass, he has a calm demeaner under pressure & most importantly he supported by his teammates 100%.
    It's exciting for Jet fans.