Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BJ Raji down for the Packers

BJ Raji down for the Packers

Injuries are always an issue during the regular season.
    While the Jets struggle with secondary issues that Aaron Rogers will surely try to exploit, our running game gets a boost with BJ Raji no longer in the middle as he's out for the season with a torn bicep.
    Jets would have to shorten the game in Greenbay to keep Rogers watching from the sideline. After seeing the 2 dreaded monster of CJ & Ivory we will exploit teams that can't stop the run.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Is this a comic book?

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    While the Jets struggle with secondary issues that Aaron Rogers will surely try to exploit, our running game gets a boost with BJ Raji no longer in the middle as he's out for the season with a torn bicep.
    Jets would have to shorten the game in Greenbay to keep Rogers watching from the sideline. After seeing the 2 dreaded monster of CJ & Ivory we will exploit teams that can't stop the run.
    Agree 100%. That has to be the game plan heading into the GB matchup. While I am very worried about our CB issues, BJ Raji going down is a break for the Jets. As you said, shorten the game by running the ball. Control the clock and keep AR off the field.

P.S. I just looked at GB's schedule. Open at Seattle, home for NYJ and then on the road again for divisional rivals: DET and CHI. Week 2 matchup probably a must win for the Packers. As has been posted numerous times regarding the Jets schedule, weeks 2-7 we are facing the best offensive squads in the NFL. NYJ will need to score at least 20+ppg given our secondary issues.
    Last edited by jetssjumets; 08-23-2014 at 04:27 PM.

All League

BJ Raji down for the Packers

Anyone see Pack/ Raiders game? Raiders can run the ball. MJD looks good. Schaub has a weak arm. D looks solid.

Packers were running the ball well also. Peppers looked good. We need to run against them with Raji done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rogers will pick us apart. loss

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Agree 100%. That has to be the game plan heading into the GB matchup. While I am very worried about our CB issues, BJ Raji going down is a break for the Jets. As you said, shorten the game by running the ball. Control the clock and keep AR off the field.

P.S. I just looked at GB's schedule. Open at Seattle, home for NYJ and then on the road again for divisional rivals: DET and CHI. Week 2 matchup probably a must win for the Packers. As has been posted numerous times regarding the Jets schedule, weeks 2-7 we are facing the best offensive squads in the NFL. NYJ will need to score at least 20+ppg given our secondary issues.
    What secondary issues? It's preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Then don't watch you *****.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It certainly improves our odds.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You really think there's a big problem with the secondary? Based on three meaningless preseason games?

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Jets will be playing 10 games against teams that were ranked last year between 23rd and 32nd in rushing defense. This year...Jets will be able to pass on these type of teams way more effectively too...because of the Ivory-CJ-Powell-Geno-Richardson run attack. Implemented with improved TE blocking to go along with improved OL play. With new additions like Decker and Amaro to the O. MM can scheme a much more divers and balanced offense. 2-3 TE sets. And with RBs and TEs way more involved as receivers then last year. Ivory catching a screen pass last night and galloping for a 20 yard gain. CJ catching two for 17 and 19 yard gains. Are you kidding me!

Last year Jets were 7-1 when scoring 20 points or more. So against non elite defenses...with the much improved Geno at QB... Jets will be able to attack and score plenty on them with consistency. This year Jets won't be averaging 18.1 points a game. More like 23-24 points.

While fans here are fretting over the Jets secondary play...fans of other teams have plenty to fret over concerning their team's weaknesses too. Like the Bears...with last year's vaunted #32 defense. You know...the one that got ass-wiped last night...in the first half of their 3rd preseason game...to the tune of 31-0 by the Seahawks. I'm putting the Bears when they come here in Week#3 as a W...for our NYJ.

Jets will be more competitive this year. And have a real decent shot at making the playoffs.
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 08-23-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Wow, didn't Raji turn down like a 40 mil contract thinking he would get more? Then he played like crap last year and signed a 1 year prove it deal. Now he's out for the year and will have to sign cheap again. Kinda reminds me of Leon Washington. Sometimes it works out like for Flacco and sometimes not. Wish the guy the best.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jet View Post
    You really think there's a big problem with the secondary? Based on three meaningless preseason games?
    No, based on the fact that it wasn't a very strong position to begin with and then our guys started getting injured. If you honestly don't see how the secondary is an issue, I really don't know what to tell you.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's why we play the games. He could get injured .

Jets Insider VIP
    Looks like sam bradfords done for the year as well.

Enjoy the game

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    That's why we play the games. He could get injured .
    Rogers plays act Seattle to open the season.
    He may have to shoot his load to win that game,lol. Maybe we get the weakened version.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Looks like sam bradfords done for the year as well.
    Ouch..

Tough to have your team's season end in August...

I'm old enough to remember your namesake, JW, try and make a tackle after an interception in the first half vs the Lions one preseason

ACL. gone g'bye

All League
    Some reports out there that the Bradford injury is not serious

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk