Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BJ Raji down for the Packers

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    Rogers will pick us apart. loss
    Not while while we're planting him in the Tundra....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    If anyone has a legit link to Brandon Moores "illegal use of the Dougie" clip, I'd be eternally grateful. The one that I've seen no longer exists.

Yes.
    major lack of depth in our secondary is CLEARLY an issue for us.Any knowledge-able (honest) Jetfan would admit that.
    Absolutely.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Jets will be playing 10 games against teams that were ranked last year between 23rd and 32nd in rushing defense. This year...Jets will be able to pass on these type of teams way more effectively too...because of the Ivory-CJ-Powell-Geno-Richardson run attack. Implemented with improved TE blocking to go along with improved OL play. With new additions like Decker and Amaro to the O. MM can scheme a much more divers and balanced offense. 2-3 TE sets. And with RBs and TEs way more involved as receivers then last year. Ivory catching a screen pass last night and galloping for a 20 yard gain. CJ catching two for 17 and 19 yard gains. Are you kidding me!

Last year Jets were 7-1 when scoring 20 points or more. So against non elite defenses...with the much improved Geno at QB... Jets will be able to attack and score plenty on them with consistency. This year Jets won't be averaging 18.1 points a game. More like 23-24 points.

While fans here are fretting over the Jets secondary play...fans of other teams have plenty to fret over concerning their team's weaknesses too. Like the Bears...with last year's vaunted #32 defense. You know...the one that got ass-wiped last night...in the first half of their 3rd preseason game...to the tune of 31-0 by the Seahawks. I'm putting the Bears when they come here in Week#3 as a W...for our NYJ.

Jets will be more competitive this year. And have a real decent shot at making the playoffs.
    Yeah, someone brought this up (maybe you) earlier in that we're glossing over the fact that the match-ups are being dictated simply by looking at passing offenses we are facing. The media will make this mistake, guaranteed. "You know, it's all about the QB, blah, blah, blah" The dynamic is changing as our offense is starting to gain continuity and more balance as we should expect to score more and when facing these teams with poor overall defenses (and moreover, poor rush defenses), we should see more points for the Jets. And that's bad news for the opponent as last year's record indicates when we get more than 20 (it's actually 18).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Not while while we're planting him in the Tundra....
    GB isn't quite a tundra in Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Looks like sam bradfords done for the year as well.
    If so, then unfortunately, his career might be too- this would be his second season-ending injury which is a real shame since he showed promise his rookie year. I'll bet the Rams regret letting Kellen walk now.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Minister of Doom and Gloom has spoken. It must be his crystal balls that allows him to make such meaningful statements.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    GB isn't quite a tundra in Sept.
    Could be a tundra, just not a frozen one.

Packers do not have great depth behind Raji: Mike Penner, UDFA from CS-Pueblo, 2013 5th rounder Josh Boyd, and Letroy Guion, FA from Minn. We should be able to run the ball on them pretty well week 2, which should allow us to control the clock and hopefully keep the ball out of Rodgers hands. Still going to be a real tough one for us to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Could be a tundra, just not a frozen one.

Packers do not have great depth behind Raji: Mike Penner, UDFA from CS-Pueblo, 2013 5th rounder Josh Boyd, and Letroy Guion, FA from Minn. We should be able to run the ball on them pretty well week 2, which should allow us to control the clock and hopefully keep the ball out of Rodgers hands. Still going to be a real tough one for us to win.
    Agree. We have to get some stops to have a chance, you know they will move the ball, they move it on everyone.
    What we really have to do if the running game is working is take some shots for the endzone with playaction! You won't win this game with check downs. I think MM goes into this game telling Geno if the running game is working, when he sees one on one & the Packers D is pushing up to stop the run Geno has to LET IT RIP!
    Great chance of getting holding or PI too.
    Jets will have to try to win this game on offense. We need at least 24 points with a sizable TOP advantage to pull a win off in Lambeau.

All League
    J.C. Tretter - G - Packers
    Packers C J.C. Tretter is out "multiple weeks" with a knee injury.
    He suffered the injury in Green Bay's third preseason game. It sounds like Tretter won't be ready for Week 1 after missing his entire rookie year with a fractured leg and ankle. The Packers were counting on Tretter to start after letting Evan Dietrich-Smith walk in free agency. Center is now a trouble spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    J.C. Tretter - G - Packers
    Packers C J.C. Tretter is out "multiple weeks" with a knee injury.
    He suffered the injury in Green Bay's third preseason game. It sounds like Tretter won't be ready for Week 1 after missing his entire rookie year with a fractured leg and ankle. The Packers were counting on Tretter to start after letting Evan Dietrich-Smith walk in free agency. Center is now a trouble spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wow, 1st their nose tackle & now their center?
    The Jets strength is on both the Dline & running the ball. Greenbay losing Raji & their starting Center obviously bodes well for us having a Pro Bowl center & a kick Azz Dline with 2 huge young nose tackles in Snacks & Ellis.
    In the NFL I'll never concede a win, like they say, "that's why they play the games".
    In 2010 if I believed all the drivel that was spewed up here on Boston radio I would not have even watched the AFCCG.
    Thank God I did watch it, one of the best memories of my Jets fandom.