Thread: New Story: Jets Make First Cuts, Release Seven Players

Post New Story: Jets Make First Cuts, Release Seven Players

Florham Park, N.J. - The New York Jets have announced that they have released seven players to reduce their roster to 81 players. Tackle Bruce Campbell, linebacker Steele Divitto, offensive lineman Patrick Ford, kicker Andrew Furney, punter Jacob Schum, running back Michael Smith, and offensive lineman Markus Zusevics were the players released Saturday night.

The cuts come after the Jets suffered their first preseason loss in the Snoopy Bowl to the Giants Friday night 35-24. There were no surprises among the seven players cut tonight and the Jets still need to make six more cuts and reduce their roster to a...

More...

I'd like to see Furney make a team. Dude did pretty well in preseason for us, but just wasn't going to unseat Nick.

With Henry's recent bad play in Philly, maybe they give him a look.

Good luck to Furney.

He deserves to find a team out there to latch onto.

As long as it's not in our division. HA!

Jets Insider VIP
    IMO we have to make SEVEN more cuts by Tuesday with the seventh being Quigley after we claim Malone or Vanderkemp when either of them is waived and return to the days of 2012 when we actually had an NFL quality punter on the roster....

"Losing" Westy's coffee gofer Kotwica as our ST coordinator may have been the best coaching change to happen to the Jets since Kotite "stepped down" in 1996

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'd like to see Furney make a team. Dude did pretty well in preseason for us, but just wasn't going to unseat Nick.

With Henry's recent bad play in Philly, maybe they give him a look.
    Me too because he seems like a nice guy, but let's not act like he did anything amazing for us. He hit a 53 harder that was veering hard left until it looked like it was partially deflected by a Colts player back on track. He almost missed one of those 33 yard extra points. He had a kickoff that was returned (not deep enough).

Did he do anything else? Maybe he turns out to be a Peo Bowl kicker in the mold of Al del Greco, but I don't really understand the fascination Jets fans have with him based on his limited opportunities in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Me too because he seems like a nice guy, but let's not act like he did anything amazing for us. He hit a 53 harder that was veering hard left until it looked like it was partially deflected by a Colts player back on track. He almost missed one of those 33 yard extra points. He had a kickoff that was returned (not deep enough).

Did he do anything else? Maybe he turns out to be a Peo Bowl kicker in the mold of Al del Greco, but I don't really understand the fascination Jets fans have with him based on his limited opportunities in preseason.
    Didn't say he did anything amazing, just said he did well for us in preseason. So, I'm thankful for that and want to see him get a shot somewhere.