Thread: College Football Season

Practice Squad

College Football Season

Finally less than a week to go! Anyone going to a game opening week? I'll be at the Fresno opener at USC for our revenge game from last years ass whooping we took in the bowl game. Also planning on making our home opener against Nebraska, sucks now that I've graduated and live 4 hours away from the stadium.

Banned
    It's all about the Noles.

We have the Chosen One leading us this year, there is nothing stopping FSU from repeating as national champs.

Practice Squad
    Yeah, it'll be quite tough to stop that train. We'll see if any of the young 'Bama recruits can take that team back to the top of the SEC

Banned
    What do you think of the PAC-10 this year? Do you think they will put a team in the playoff? That conference is definitely back on the rise with UCLA, Oregon, USC and even ASU making strides. I'd like to see any conference shut those SEC blowhards up. My 4-team playoff looks like FSU, Bama, tOSU and UCLA.

Army blew out Buffalo. I know it's just Univ of Buffalo but damn how do you lose convincly to a team that has no size and runs a passing play once every Halley's comet?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Keep an eye on my boy...........

One of the more interesting stories to follow through the 2015 NFL Draft is that of Old Dominion quarterback Taylor Heinicke. His record setting passing numbers are numbing and include 5076 passing yards as a sophomore in 2012 (when ODU was a IAA program) with 44 touchdowns then 4022 yards and 33 scores a year later. Both seasons his completion percentage was at or near the 70% range. In four games this season Heinicke has managed 1172-yards passing with 10 TDs. Numbers aside Heinicke’s pass placement and location is on the money as receivers rarely break stride or need to work for the reception. His game management and decision making also ranks up there with the best on the college level. His measurements fall short of the mark as Heinicke touches the tape a shade over 6-feet tall and weighs under 200-pounds. Heinicke, rated as a street free agent by most scouts, is a cross between Colt Brennan and Chase Daniel. Whatever he is or isn’t Heinicke most definitely deserves a chance next summer in camp.
    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/

Think of a white version of Russell Wilson.

I've been an ODU football season ticket holder since 2008. This kid has the "it" factor. He broke Air McNair's passing records.

I have heard there are at least 4 NFL teams looking at him and our Jets are one of'em.