Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HUGE NEWS: JetsInsider.com joining Scout.com National Network

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

HUGE NEWS: JetsInsider.com joining Scout.com National Network

On behalf of the entire JetsInsider.com team I have some very exciting news to report. Starting in September we will be joining forces with Scout.com and their National network.

JetsInsider.com will remain basically the same with the exception that we will be moving the site and messageboards to the Scout.com National platform.

After being an independent fan site for so many years, this was a very difficult decision for me but based on the direction that Scout.com is going and after meeting with some top people in their organization, I felt it was the time to make the switch. In a nutshell, I thought the upside to our users was huge versus very little downside.

In addition to the regular content we have been providing for over 15 years, we will now have the ability to offer much more to our users with additional writen and video content from our team as well as Scout.com’s experts, analysis and resources. Also, being part of a national NFL network we will have weekly content and contributions from the other sites in the network that represent the teams we are playing on a weekly basis. We will also have access to exclusive coverage of all NFL events including the owner’s meetings, combine and draft.

All of our VIP members will migrate as a premium member to the new site and their expiration dates will transfer to Scout. We will also be bringing our premium forums on the new site to a different level by dropping daily inside scoops there for every fan that is truly obsessed with Gang Green. We will also invite other Scout publishers and NFL experts to share their thoughts with you. In addition, if you are a premium member you get access to all premium content across the entire Scout.com network. For example, if you love Notre Dame, Syracuse or Rutgers Football… if you are a Mets or Yankees Fan, you will have access to all of their premium content as well! Scout.com offers a wide variety of websites for almost everyone, even hunting and fishing!

Scout is also working on many great bonus features that will be beneficial to our users. One said feature is a rewards program for our members where you'll accumulate points based on your posts, people liking your posts, and you sharing our stories or great posts on Facebook or Twitter. This is just one of many examples that Scout is working on to help promote a fun, energetic fan-based website!

While we are excited about the change and the benefits it will bring out readers, it certainly was not an easy decision to make.

Since 1999 we have built JetsInsider.com into the top website for Jets fans to get information and interact with each other. During that time there have been many imitators who have tried and failed to top us. While we have tremendous pride of our accomplishments, including our great working relationship with the NY Jets and being the only fan-based Jets website who is fully credentialed with the team, we are confident that joining forces with a nationally-syndicated website like Scout will help take us to a whole new level.

As we embark on this new endeavor I’d like to take this opportunity to let our users know how grateful I am for your continued support. I’d also like to thank the many talented people behind the scenes who contributed in building the site to where it is today. If you went back 15 years when I created JetsInsider as a diehard Jets fan on a rainy Sunday in May of 1999 and told me where the site would be today, I’d say you were nuts. To be where we are now and have this opportunity partner with an excellent organization like Scout.com is truly humbling. We promise going forward we will continue to be the best NY Jets fan website on the internet.

Best,

Sean Deegan

ITINERARY FOR TRANSITION: While we migrate the JI to Scout, our plan is to keep both sites running concurrently until the entire migration is complete.

FRONT PAGE: We will start to post daily content to Scout.com’s front page starting immediately and plan to shut down JI’s front page as soon as we migrate the content and feel comfortable that the page looks good and is working appropriately for the writers and the users.

MESSAGEBOARD (please read carefully if you post): The Scout.com messageboard software is similar to vbulletin but is different. We are going to migrate all users and post counts to the new site. When this is complete I will let everyone know. Since passwords are private every user will be emailed a link to set their new password. After you do this you will be able to post on the new board. They are in the process of upgrading their software so we won’t immediately be able to migrate old posts. This is something we will be working on going forward. I will continue to keep both boards open until I feel comfortable that everyone has migrated with no problems. If you do have a problem, email me at sdeegan@jetsinsider.com and I will take care of the problem personally. Thanks for your support and patience during this move. I assure you in the long term it will be worth any inconvenience.

All Pro
    sounds cool but will we have the other forums also and not just the landing strip?

Post New Story: JETSINSIDER.COM JOINS SCOUT.COM NATIONAL NETWORK

NEW YORK

More...

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    We're going to reconfigure the forums over there to copy what we have here now.

All Pro
    do we get to keep our post count and join date?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    do we get to keep our post count and join date?
    Yes

Jets Insider VIP
    Ummm, this is great for the site and all, but please tell me this won't affect the current user content dynamic. In other words, the Hampur is safe as it is, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    We're going to reconfigure the forums over there to copy what we have here now.
    They already have a Jets Forum over there, are you just merging the two?

All Pro
    Does this explain why I suddenly have to relog in on my phone every time I enter the site? It doesn't seem to have memory so my user name doesn't popup after typing a letter or two so I have to retype my whole long user id each time. I know it's not a big deal but it's kind of a pain it's so tiny on my phone

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    They already have a Jets Forum over there, are you just merging the two?
    Yes, that's the plan. This board will stay open though until everyone has transitioned there. Hopefully that won't take too much time.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Does this explain why I suddenly have to relog in on my phone every time I enter the site? It doesn't seem to have memory so my user name doesn't popup after typing a letter or two so I have to retype my whole long user id each time. I know it's not a big deal but it's kind of a pain it's so tiny on my phone
    We haven't done anything yet so I'm not sure why that is happening.

I used to actually post on Scout for a bit when I had scout subscription (for baseball prospects essentially, I found their nfl analysis to be very rudimentary) and it was a pretty good board, but lacked posters. You would end up just talking to like the same 5 people over and over again.

Have a question about emails. What if we post at both sites with similar emails (I don't think this is the case for me, but wondering). Which account takes precedent? Scout or JI?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Ummm, this is great for the site and all, but please tell me this won't affect the current user content dynamic. In other words, the Hampur is safe as it is, right?

The hampur is safe and will transition over there.

Jets Insider VIP
    We must establish that we're the alpha dogs immediately.

I'll e-fight anyone on that board!

Goodness... That board looks HORRIBLE.. I'm assuming it's not gonna look like that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    We must establish that we're the alpha dogs immediately.

I'll e-fight anyone on that board!
    Right there with ya

Veteran
    Looks like Tapatalk doesn't work with their custom boards. Don't see a mobile version of their boards either.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Goodness... That board looks HORRIBLE.. I'm assuming it's not gonna look like that, right?
    Temporarily. They are in the process of upgrading and the beta version is already available.

http://nyj.scout.com/forums?s=65

It will be fully switched shortly and will have similar functionality as here.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Looks like Tapatalk doesn't work with their custom boards. Don't see a mobile version of their boards either.
    New version is going to be totally mobile friendly and you won't need tapatalk.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    New version is going to be totally mobile friendly and you won't need tapatalk.
    Nice.