Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Cuts to 53

All League
    Meanwhile in the NFL:
    Retweeted by Gang Green Nation
    Rich MacLeod ‏@richmacleod 11m
    In former #Jets news, Joe McKnight made the Chiefs roster.

All League
    Maybe I missed it but are we keeping two fullbacks?!!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I personally think McIntyre defines that term but apparently Ryan loves him.
    Didn't he get cut?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Maybe I missed it but are we keeping two fullbacks?!!!!
    Nope - Chad Young got cut when we went to 75.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Didn't he get cut?
    Sure did - replaced with a younger, cheaper version of himself in Trevor Reilly. Who also has higher upside as a pass-rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Meanwhile in the NFL:
    Retweeted by Gang Green Nation
    Rich MacLeod ‏@richmacleod 11m
    In former #Jets news, Joe McKnight made the Chiefs roster.
    Why doesn't that concern me?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    I don't think that's the point - they're reserves. 7 WR's. 4 OG's. He obviously didn't want to risk either going thru waivers.

I'm surprised with Enunwa, not at all with Dozier. Apparently Quincy has looked like a beast at times after missing much of TC and is being protected for a reason. I'll say this, the depth of our WR's will be strengthening from this day forward with Saunders, Enunwa and Evans returning next year. Another guy at the top is needed as we all know.
    Many Jets fans get impatient if rookies don't provide instant production. Those you mentioned have talent and upside. And should really start showing it next year.

Evans never had a chance. He missed over a month's time cause he had to finish classes for graduation. Lal said during that time the CS devoted daily 6 hour sessions solely to the rookies. Over the playbook...film study...Q&A...etc. There's was no way cram sessions during TC could help him make up for lost time. Evans probably feared for his roster spot. Therefore a good chance he ended up injuring himself while desperately competing with the others.

I was hoping Jets would have a productive speed receiver to at least share 40-50% of snaps opposite Decker. Or else the defenses will just roll their coverages over to Decker. MM likes to have a speed guy in there to take 4-5 shots downfield. And this helps create space for Decker and the others to work the short-intermediate areas more effectively.

Jets Insider VIP
    Didn't he get cut?
    Must have happened after my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Sure did - replaced with a younger, cheaper version of himself in Trevor Reilly. Who also has higher upside as a pass-rusher.
    I think it was the right move. I'm sorry but McIntyre to me is a JAG.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    so last year they drafted 3 OL, and now 2 are with the team, with one starting and one a key backup. that's what idzik wants, he wants as many chances to hit on players as possible. the bottom 3rd of the roster, relative to the league, is much stronger than it was under tanny. and whomever the last wrs are will stick b/c they can actually play the position as well as ST.
    Was Campbell the third? That would be Idzik's first draft pick cut if so.

Rookie
    Was Campbell the third? That would be Idzik's first draft pick cut if so.
    Yep, you're right. Winters, Aboushi, and Campbell. Campbell was the guy that played DT in college.

Dixon, from this year, too...I think

edit; Boyd too
    Last edited by JohnJ; 08-30-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Interesting choices made by Idzik. Hope the coaches are in agreement.

I like keeping Reilly, Enumwa and Enemkpali. I thought they all showed their potential in camp. Feel badly for Garret McIntyre but I agree his time had come. Hope he catches on with another team.

A little iffy on George vs Edds. It seemed like Edds had the better camp. Again, hope the coaches agree with this decision.

As with Campbell last year, some of these guys are being kept based on potential. But there are no guarantees they will develop. Some will, some won't.

Quote Originally Posted by addage View Post

I like keeping Reilly, Enumwa and Enemkpali. I thought they all showed their potential in camp. Feel badly for Garret McIntyre but I agree his time had come. Hope he catches on with another team.

A little iffy on George vs Edds. It seemed like Edds had the better camp. Again, hope the coaches agree with this decision.

As with Campbell last year, some of these guys are being kept based on potential. But there are no guarantees they will develop. Some will, some won't.
    Edds definitely flashed more. Must have been something hey saw at practice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Edds definitely flashed more. Must have been something hey saw at practice.
    I didn't go to TC, but based on the game Thursday I'm liking George...way more. Edds gives us nothing that Bellore cannot do better, imo.

Potential is what it is. They know what Edds is. The rookies that they kept have bigger upside. Sure, they may not reach it, but it's worth the risk. If they don't pan out, what did you lose? Just some JAG.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Out of this list who would you place on the Practice Squad?
    Tajh Boyd (QB/6-1/222/Clemson/Hampton, VA)
    Will Campbell (G/6-4/311/Michigan/Detroit, MI)
    Troy Davis (LB/6-2/251/Central Florida/Queens, NY)
    Brandon Dixon (CB/5-11/203/NW Missouri State/Pompano Beach, FL)
    A.J. Edds (LB/6-4/256/Iowa/Marion, IN)
    Tevita Finau (DT/6-5/288/Utah/Lahaina, HI)

Clyde Gates (WR/6-0/197/Abilene Christian/Vernon, TX)
    Alex Green (RB/6-2/220/Hawaii/Portland, OR)
    Stephen Hill (WR/6-4/215/Georgia Tech/Lithonia, GA)
    Kerry Hyder (DL/6-2/280/Texas Tech/Austin, TX)
    Garrett McIntyre (LB/6-3/255/Fresno State/South Lake Tahoe, CA)
    Rontez Miles (S/6-0/203/California (PA)/Braddock, PA)
    Chris Pantale (TE/6-5/254/Boston College/Wayne, NJ)
    Johnny Patrick (CB/5-11/190/Louisville/Deland, FL)
    Dimitri Patterson (CB/6-0/200/Tuskegee/Miami, FL)
    Brent Qvale (T/6-7/315/Nebraska/Williston, ND)
    Jeremy Reeves (CB/5-7/176/Iowa State/Allen, TX)
    Daryl Richardson (RB/5-10/196/Abilene Christian/Jacksonville, FL)

Caleb Schlauderaff (G/6-4/302/Utah/Shelton, WA)
    Matt Simms (QB/6-3/210/Tennessee/Franklin Lakes, NJ)
    Zach Thompson (DL/6-5/265/Wake Forest/Ashburn, VA)

(You can carry 10 on the PS now, and one of Simms/Boyd should be there. Preferably Simms, if he clears waivers)

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Rich Cimini
    Trend among Jets' cuts: A handful of vets (McIntyre, Hill, Richardson, Edds, etc) replaced by rookies that are at least a yr away. #nyj
    What a dumb comment by Cimini...What rookie was Richardson replaced with? Edds was a vet but not a vet with much game experience...Hill was a vet but is still years away...does he really get paid for this?

I had a feeling Barnes would make the team, the potential is there.

Surprised about keeping 2 QB's, that is risky, not even sure if Simms is PS eligible, but would feel better about him being added over Boyd.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Many Jets fans get impatient if rookies don't provide instant production. Those you mentioned have talent and upside. And should really start showing it next year.

Evans never had a chance. He missed over a month's time cause he had to finish classes for graduation. Lal said during that time the CS devoted daily 6 hour sessions solely to the rookies. Over the playbook...film study...Q&A...etc. There's was no way cram sessions during TC could help him make up for lost time. Evans probably feared for his roster spot. Therefore a good chance he ended up injuring himself while desperately competing with the others.

I was hoping Jets would have a productive speed receiver to at least share 40-50% of snaps opposite Decker. Or else the defenses will just roll their coverages over to Decker. MM likes to have a speed guy in there to take 4-5 shots downfield. And this helps create space for Decker and the others to work the short-intermediate areas more effectively.
    I don't know about Evans being a speed guy (4.5 range?). And this is why I was scratching my head with that pick and then another pick devoted to a huge target in Enunwa. I think there's a lack of speed overall with this group and maybe this is by design or just coincidence.
    Maybe Evans/Enunwa were brought in for future depth improvement over the street guys we'd collected - Nelson, Salas, Gates. And then there was Hill.

I don't see Evans as a future starter and I'm not sure John ever did either. I think that gets addressed next season. I would ask the question were the scouts aware that Shaq couldn't play until later in TC due to his course load not being complete? And one frickin' class? Sheez, take that online or just drop it for now. That's getting in your way of potentially making millions right now in your current profession, Shaq.
    And what was the class that was so important? Scandinavian literature???!!! Are you ****tin me? Christ, you need to sit in a classroom for that? That's reading. You can do that anytime, anywhere.

I've got to question that decision making. It directly cost him his first season and that's before his shoulder was "injured". Without that injury, he'd probably be on the street today looking for work with that Scandinavian literature on his resume.
    Hey, you guys all harping about team first ought to give this guy an earful IMO. That was a selfish act. It just was.
    Last edited by Drunk Old Joe; 08-31-2014 at 01:10 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreenaddiction View Post
    What a dumb comment by Cimini...What rookie was Richardson replaced with? Edds was a vet but not a vet with much game experience...Hill was a vet but is still years away...does he really get paid for this?
    You bring up one example that he didn't address and you label his point as stupid. Really?

How about addressing the point and explaining why it's so off the mark and show us all how much smarter you are.

There are examples across the board:

Enunwa over Hill and Gates
    George over Edds
    IK and Reilly over McIntyre
    Dalton over Schlauderaff

Hill is absolutely relevant in this context. So is Gates. Both produced more than Quincy.
    Last edited by Drunk Old Joe; 08-31-2014 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    I don't know about Evans being a speed guy (4.5 range?). And this is why I was scratching my head with that pick and then another pick devoted to a huge target in Enunwa. I think there's a lack of speed overall with this group and maybe this is by design or just coincidence.
    Maybe Evans/Enunwa were brought in for future depth improvement over the street guys we'd collected - Nelson, Salas, Gates. And then there was Hill.

I don't see Evans as a future starter and I'm not sure John ever did either. I think that gets addressed next season. I would ask the question were the scouts aware that Shaq couldn't play until later in TC due to his course load not being complete? And one frickin' class? Sheez, take that online or just drop it for now. That's getting in your way of potentially making millions right now in your current profession, Shaq.
    And what was the class that was so important? Scandinavian literature???!!! Are you ****tin me? Christ, you need to sit in a classroom for that? That's reading. You can do that anytime, anywhere.

I've got to question that decision making. It directly cost him his first season and that's before his shoulder was "injured". Without that injury, he'd probably be on the street today looking for work with that Scandinavian literature on his resume.

Hey, you guys all harping about team first ought to give this guy an earful IMO. That was a selfish act. It just was.
    NFL rules prohibit players from practicing with the team until their school's semester finishes - whether they are actively in classes or not. So . . . yeah. Facts