Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 347

Thread: Stephen Hill officially released

  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    The Giants had a brilliant game plan on D they attacked Brady and the Pats where they were most vulnerable - up the gut. Teams often try to blitz Brady from the outside and he picks them apart, when he's pressured up the gut and his pocket collapses he struggles bigtime. But still in those games w/o the long pass plays the Pats still win.

    These are limited examples of great game plans put together to stop a dominant offense. It happens, hell Rex and the Jets even pulled it off last year against the Saints. But overall in today's NFL the high powered offense is going to beat the dominant defense - its what the NFL wants. Points put casual fans in seats and generate more interest in the NFL - the day of leather helmets and 6 yards and a cloud of dust are over . Rex pines for that style of football , it doesn't mean all fans of the Jets have to follow suit.
    Even with that brilliant game plan, the Giants barely won that game. It took a miracle drive to complete it. The Giants threw everything at the Pats and still could have easily lost.

    Please don't try to compare the 2007 Super Bowl to last year's.

  2. #262
    thank god he's gone.

    I didn't like him from the first day. So lanky and stupid. He seemed to think that it was owed to him or that it was just "his". AFter 3 nfl camps he didn't seem to understand that you have to work for it, fight for it if you want to keep it.

    The deal was sealed for me last year when I saw him attempt to basket catch a long pass that the defender was able to break up because he didn't extend his arms and instead tried to basket catch it. A complete waste.

    thankfully tannenbum is supposedly going to miami as a consultant or even a gm prospect. He'll sink their ass quick.

  3. #263
    People should just go watch some Randy Moss highlights to see where Hill lacked... similar height and speed but Randy had stickum on his hands. Belichick called him the most intelligent football player he's ever coached. I'd put a bit of weight on that. Size and speed are only half the battle in the NFL.

  4. #264
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    Just did not work out...glad the Jets cut ties....if a player does not pan out...we move on.

  5. #265
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    961
    Speaking of former 2nd round busts, Vlad Ducasse made the Vikings roster.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Old Joe View Post
    Speaking of former 2nd round busts, Vlad Ducasse made the Vikings roster.
    Vladimir Ducasse, G/T, Minnesota

    For the second straight week, Ducasse flashed with an outstanding block. You can see the play here. Witness how he shoves one guy out of the play to the left and then turns around and shoves the other guy to the right like he’s shifting furniture. He had one other good block where he pulled to the outside and rocked a defensive played on the edge. Ducasse also showed consistency as a pass blocker, with no pressures allowed in 24 pass block snaps. Ducasse still looks a bit rough round the edges at times, but he continues to be a heck of a specimen.
    Yellow. Jacket. 'Nuff said.

  7. #267
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Agreed. If you look back at the last few SB champions, they've been all about offense, not defense:

    2014: Seattle
    2013: Baltimore
    2012: NYG

    All teams known for their offenses, not their defenses. Get with the program, Rex!
    Was that supposed to be sarcastic or are you deluded?

    And this argument about offense vs defense is missing the point entirely. It's about balance. If you are overbalanced as many of these uber-finesse teams are, you're going to get rocked. That's been a consistent theme throughout NFL history.

    This is what the Jets are building towards...balance. They added a few nice pieces on offense, will continue next year (thru draft and cap space) and are developing a young QB to manage the game and with a current slight hiccup at CB, are reloading the defense to stay strong there. As a fan, if you can't see what's being built then you're not looking past the superficial exterior of the team. This team is being groomed for long-term sustained winning. If it happens some this year, it's gravy. This team will be at it's strongest once Brady and Manning are wrapping up their careers and I hope to see a rude exit for both as a fan, nothing malicious as they've been upstanding HOF QB's. Regime change is undergoing.
    Last edited by Drunk Old Joe; 08-31-2014 at 06:22 AM.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Agreed. If you look back at the last few SB champions, they've been all about offense, not defense:

    2014: Seattle
    2013: Baltimore
    2012: NYG

    All teams known for their offenses, not their defenses. Get with the program, Rex!
    Look at those teams offenses:

    Giants 2011 - 8th in overall offense , 5th in passing, 25th in overall defense
    Ravens 2012 - 10th in overall offense , 13th in passing , 12th in overall defense
    Hawks 2013 - 8th in overall offense , 25th in passing , 1st in overall defense.

    So yes your argument clearly supports the fact that the defenses were dominant(SEA only) with poor offenses. . Maybe do some research to support your facts.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Even with that brilliant game plan, the Giants barely won that game. It took a miracle drive to complete it. The Giants threw everything at the Pats and still could have easily lost.

    Please don't try to compare the 2007 Super Bowl to last year's.
    Barely won? The score was low and the Pasts* were a high scoring team. Took them right out of their game.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Broncos beat the Seahawks approx. 45% of the time if they played that game over and over. The funny part about the NFL is that the games are so few that it allows people with no understanding of statistics to make ridiculous proclamations about the state of the game.
    Of all the posters making this claim.....

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceharper View Post
    thank god he's gone.

    I didn't like him from the first day. So lanky and stupid. He seemed to think that it was owed to him or that it was just "his". AFter 3 nfl camps he didn't seem to understand that you have to work for it, fight for it if you want to keep it.

    The deal was sealed for me last year when I saw him attempt to basket catch a long pass that the defender was able to break up because he didn't extend his arms and instead tried to basket catch it. A complete waste.

    thankfully tannenbum is supposedly going to miami as a consultant or even a gm prospect. He'll sink their ass quick.
    On day one, his first pro game, he had 2 TD's, so you had to like him on day one.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Barely won? The score was low and the Pasts* were a high scoring team. Took them right out of their game.
    Ignore Ashole. He reminds us daily how stupid/ignorant he really is, not to mention a blind homer. The Giants were double digit underdogs to the Pats. That high-scoring offense was limited to 7 points thru 56 minutes. Yet, the Giants barely won. What a fvking clown this troll (Ashole) is. I think he actually believes his b/s. Here's hoping that trolls like him will not be allowed on the new board. I have no problem with dissenting views. However, is just here to troll.

  13. #273
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Barely won? The score was low and the Pasts* were a high scoring team. Took them right out of their game.
    I never tire of this...


  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I never tire of this...

    LMFAO. Thanks for reminding us and that jack@ss troll who likes to rewrite history. Tammy in his own words. So, who was the underdog in that game again? Please help me as I just cannot recall? By the way, see what happens when the advantage of cheating is removed?

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    On day one, his first pro game, he had 2 TD's, so you had to like him on day one.
    Nope, just thought it was one of those days where the bills didn't look so great. I had confidence that he wouldn't be consistent and fall apart and of course i was right. He wasn't a pass catcher, or play maker in college. You don't draft guys who didn't catch anything in college.

    meh what do i know.

  16. #276
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Murray Hill
    Posts
    7,569
    So it speaks volumes that this kid wasn't picked up off waivers by any of the 31 other teams....I mean he's only 23, probably no chance he'd come back to our practice squad considering all the negativity in this market around him.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Barely won? The score was low and the Pasts* were a high scoring team. Took them right out of their game.
    Of course they did. But that team was running on fumes by the time they reached that game. And they still could have easily won. The Broncos were screwed from the first snap.

  18. #278
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Ignore Ashole. He reminds us daily how stupid/ignorant he really is, not to mention a blind homer. The Giants were double digit underdogs to the Pats. That high-scoring offense was limited to 7 points thru 56 minutes. Yet, the Giants barely won. What a fvking clown this troll (Ashole) is. I think he actually believes his b/s. Here's hoping that trolls like him will not be allowed on the new board. I have no problem with dissenting views. However, is just here to troll.
    Tool....know what I'm sayin'? Obviously there's somethin' wrong.....I think he gets off when someone acknowledges he exists....lol

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Of course they did. But that team was running on fumes by the time they reached that game. And they still could have easily won. The Broncos were screwed from the first snap.
    The issue is that they could.not easily win. They were taken right out of their game from the start. A low scoring contest would favor the Giants and it did.

    This is why people here do not take you seriously. Rhetoric like barely lost and easily won when they were huge favorites is just plain wrong. You should get real if you are going to post here.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Ignore Ashole. He reminds us daily how stupid/ignorant he really is, not to mention a blind homer. The Giants were double digit underdogs to the Pats. That high-scoring offense was limited to 7 points thru 56 minutes. Yet, the Giants barely won. What a fvking clown this troll (Ashole) is. I think he actually believes his b/s. Here's hoping that trolls like him will not be allowed on the new board. I have no problem with dissenting views. However, is just here to troll.
    Your posts on this board are even less objective than mine. If you're truly a lawyer and represented a Pats fan in any kind of suit, I honestly think you would unprofessionally screw him. Your hate toward another pro sports team goes beyond fandom for you. It's personal, perhaps even spiritual for you. Their existence impacts your worldview on morality. And that's damn hilarious.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 08-31-2014 at 05:43 PM. Reason: I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us